Ash VS Evil Dead

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
kerr9000

Ash VS Evil Dead

Post by kerr9000 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:10 am

Anyone else super stoked for the upcoming Ash VS Evil Dead TV show?

For those not in the know it is a continuation of the Life of Ashley J Williams from the Evil Dead series of Films

here is the trailer for it

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvide ... e=55A25752

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Ash VS Evil Dead

Post by SupaWaluigi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:56 pm

It does look pretty cool actually, although the channel its first airing on I haven't heard of before (Starz is it?). Not sure how long it can really play out in a series though, which is slightly concerning, but hey at least Brice Campbell is reprising his role (it's not like he wouldn't I suppose!)

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:24 pm

There has been a 10 episode long season 1 agreed to and funded... Apparently they have plans and a story all the way up to season 5 already for if it is a success.

A lot of it comes of the back of people asking again and again for a 4th Evil dead film... this came out of it instead

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Wow, now that is a long running plan they've got going :shock:

In the trailer, the events of The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 are clearly referenced, however I would certainly like to see some reference to Army of Darkness. I'm still confused as to whether it really is part of the Evil Dead canon, because I think that AoD was produced by a different film studio, so I'm still not sure.

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:46 pm

1 , 2 and 3 were all made by the same producer, director and main actor but they are all made by diffrent studios etc thats why when you watch 2 the first 15 minutes are a reshot semi recap of 1 , and why the end of 2 and the Begining of army of darkness are not the same...

I have heard that this is set after 3 but will not directly refrence it for ''reasons'' so maybe they came to some deal with the people who own 1 and 2 but not 3.

There are entire groups and boards full of people trying to make out what fits where evil dead wise.

My understanding of it... Evil dead happens, the evil knocks ash unconscious at the end.... skip about the first 15 minutes of 2 and its a continuation the first 15 minutes are a sort of last time on evil dead...
Number 3 is all Ash telling a story of what he did in the past to his co-workers, its not completely accurate hence it not matching up to Evil dead 2's end but its how he remembers it/ chooses to explain it. The series appears to be years latter and is actually whats happening not a story.