The Game of Thrones thread

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: The Game of Thrones thread

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 pm

I have no idea why they left Lady Stoneheart out of the TV series, she plays a very small but vital role in the books and holds the future of
Jamie Lannister
in her hands as it's evident she is plotting to seek revenge for the red wedding on all the
Freys and Lannisters and anyone she feels was connected to the red wedding in general

Sparkle

Post by Sparkle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I have no idea why they left Lady Stoneheart out of the TV series, she plays a very small but vital role in the books and holds the future of
Jamie Lannister
in her hands as it's evident she is plotting to seek revenge for the red wedding on all the
Freys and Lannisters and anyone she feels was connected to the red wedding in general
I reckon it'll be a bigger role. They mention her tonnes of times in Feast I think (as Cersei hears reports of a mysterious bandit or something, can't remember) but yeah, she probably
holds the fate of about 3 characters min in her hands.
The Lannisters send their regards.

abx
NNID: abraxian
3DS Friend Code: 888888888888
PSN ID: abx_will
Xbox Gamertag: abxwill

Post by abx » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I have no idea why they left Lady Stoneheart out of the TV series, she plays a very small but vital role in the books and holds the future of
Jamie Lannister
Your grasp of spoiler quotes needs some work jesus christ
high off the second-hand fumes

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 pm

abx wrote:
Jamie Lannister
Your grasp of spoiler quotes needs some work jesus christ
How do I implement them better? In the paragraph I wrote they are just inserted into the text as normal text but with the spoiler tags around them, it's automatically put the two spoiler tags onto their own lines. Also, my names not Jesus Christ ;)

Teair

Post by Teair » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:43 pm

@Robbo-92 & Sparkle
To be honest, in the TV series, they can replace all the actions they took with Berric Dondarian and Thoros of Myr
I'm a little Teair-pot short and stout
TheHarrisonKaye: His name is Teair, his avatar's hair is fair

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:01 am

But it doesn't make sense without Stoneheart because
she was there to hear "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." That's the entire reason she's hunting Jaime down specifically. Although I guess since that line was changed in the show...
Bah.
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:50 am

It wouldn't be the same though having Dondarion and Myr hunting down the Freys and Lannisters as they would have no motive (that I know of anyway) unless you count Sandor Clegane killing Dondarion enough to warrent revenge on the whole Lannister family, but then Clegane had already run away from Kings Landing and the Lannisters so he has no links with them anymore. Lady Stoneheart is hunting down the Lannisters and Freys because of what she gets told at the red wedding, essentially telling her that the Freys and Lannisters have screwed her and a good proportion of the Stark family over hence her wanting revenge. In my opinion at least it just wouldn't have the same effect if Dondarion captured Brienne then sent her to get Jamie. Lady Soneheart was ready to kill Brienne because she felt Brienne betrayed Lady Stoneheart by wielding Jamie's new sword forged from Ice.

Koopa man
3DS Friend Code: 5257-9532-1851

Post by Koopa man » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:05 pm

I have faith that Lady Stoneheart will be in the show. If she was introduced at the end of S4 then she'll have nothing to do until the end of S5. It's probably cheaper and more convenient (and probably more shocking seeing as she's been absent for an entire season) to introduce her at the beginning or midway through S5. And it's not like there weren't enough climatic moments at the end of S4.

Psychopath

Post by Psychopath » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:31 pm

I've seen the series and really like it. By Series 4, I was hoping to watch an episode without nudity. Don't get me wrong, I think the girls are sexy. But it gets a bit old. Hodor's penis though. He can rule the seven kingdoms with that.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Koopa man wrote: it's not like there weren't enough climatic moments at the end of S4.
Tbh that made me not like the finale that much; it didn't feel like a proper episode, it felt like a series of disjointed epilogues. Think it would have been better for them to space out the endings over two episodes so that each got the buildup they deserved. I was also annoyed that they missed out
Jaime's revelation about Tysha, since that leads to Tyrion lying out of spite about killing Joffrey which completely changes the relationship between the two of them. Not that it matters since it looks unlikely that they'll ever meet again, but you never know.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Teair

Post by Teair » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Koopa man wrote:
I have faith that Lady Stoneheart will be in the show. If she was introduced at the end of S4 then she'll have nothing to do until the end of S5. It's probably cheaper and more convenient (and probably more shocking seeing as she's been absent for an entire season) to introduce her at the beginning or midway through S5. And it's not like there weren't enough climatic moments at the end of S4.
She's been confirmed to not be.

Sparkle

Post by Sparkle » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Can we talk about how AMAZING the Game of Thrones OST is? I usually stick the first three on repeat when writing essays. I think season 3 is my favourite but not listened to 4 yet

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Game of thrones does have some great music, I know it'll be a lot of peoples faveorite track but I love the rains of castamere, very moving and emotional piece of music. The general theme is really catchy too!

Sparkle

Post by Sparkle » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Game of thrones does have some great music, I know it'll be a lot of peoples faveorite track but I love the rains of castamere, very moving and emotional piece of music. The general theme is really catchy too!
I LOVE CASTAMERE. Go Lannisters <3

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Sparkle wrote:I LOVE CASTAMERE. Go Lannisters <3
Who has hurt you in life to make you root for them? Were you actually happy when the Red Wedding happened? You're crazy.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Sparkle

Post by Sparkle » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Edd wrote:
Sparkle wrote:I LOVE CASTAMERE. Go Lannisters <3
Who has hurt you in life to make you root for them? Were you actually happy when the Red Wedding happened? You're crazy.
Nah I was GUTTED about the red wedding, Cat was one of my favourites.

I'm conflicted as I love most of the Starks and the Lannisters. I love a good set of villains me. Tywin Lannister had his eton mess together. Until... Well... Yeah.

Teair

Post by Teair » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm

CaveDweller

Post by CaveDweller » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Cersei is my favourite GoT character, I can only hope she'll remain a POV character in Winds of Winter. I actually just reread all of her chapters from AFFC/ADWD on their own, like a little character arc detached from the rest of the story, and I've concluded that her chapters are the most consistently enjoyable for me. There's nothing I like more than a character in a position of power who really shouldn't be in a position of power at all, and I've always been most fond of the King's Landing portions of the series - so it's unsurprising that hers are the most entertaining to me. She quite literally creates her own enemies and I find that amusing to read/watch.

Although I imagine they'll be cutting out a whole lot of her AFFC content because it's just not all that relevant for the purposes of the show, I do hope she still features quite a bit in Season 5. Also, as a piece of useless trivia, the original actor who played Tommen goes to my school. It's a little surreal.

Teair

Post by Teair » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 am

CaveDweller wrote:Cersei is my favourite GoT character, I can only hope she'll remain a POV character in Winds of Winter. I actually just reread all of her chapters from AFFC/ADWD on their own, like a little character arc detached from the rest of the story, and I've concluded that her chapters are the most consistently enjoyable for me. There's nothing I like more than a character in a position of power who really shouldn't be in a position of power at all, and I've always been most fond of the King's Landing portions of the series - so it's unsurprising that hers are the most entertaining to me. She quite literally creates her own enemies and I find that amusing to read/watch.

Although I imagine they'll be cutting out a whole lot of her AFFC content because it's just not all that relevant for the purposes of the show, I do hope she still features quite a bit in Season 5. Also, as a piece of useless trivia, the original actor who played Tommen goes to my school. It's a little surreal.
So it's a fondness in a kind of ironic way?

Sparkle

Post by Sparkle » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:27 pm

CaveDweller wrote:Cersei is my favourite GoT character, I can only hope she'll remain a POV character in Winds of Winter. I actually just reread all of her chapters from AFFC/ADWD on their own, like a little character arc detached from the rest of the story, and I've concluded that her chapters are the most consistently enjoyable for me. There's nothing I like more than a character in a position of power who really shouldn't be in a position of power at all, and I've always been most fond of the King's Landing portions of the series - so it's unsurprising that hers are the most entertaining to me. She quite literally creates her own enemies and I find that amusing to read/watch.

FINALLY A FELLOW CERSEI LOVER. I DIDN'T THINK I'D EVER FIND YOU. <3