Animation/Cartoons Samurai Jack ends

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: Animation/Cartoons Samurai Jack ends

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon May 22, 2017 10:07 pm

I loved it

The opening having all those characters crowding around TVs and watching the actual Samurai Jack opening was genius and perfect

Everyone who the main character has helped all riding in to battle in the final climatic hour of need is my favourite trope and will never fail to make me happy beyond measure, so of course I absolutely loved how it went down here. So much fan service with the spartans and the scotsman and the archaeologist dogs. And then there was the full on giant stone samurai mech vs giant aku which I loved.

And now it's over

The only criticism I have is that, like the series as a whole, it was rushed. But I appreciate it all the same. It ended. It actually ended.

jennietodd141

Post by jennietodd141 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:00 am

Such an important lesson and it is executed perfectly here. Yes, Jack lost the one woman he truly loved, but he honestly had to make that ultimate sacrifice in order to save the free world and get his life back. Without Aku, there's no Ashi, but at least Jack can finally have a peaceful life. And we can finally be at peace knowing that he completed his quest.
Last edited by OrangeRakoon on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising links

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:00 am

I couldn't get emotionally invested at the wedding scene at all. I just kept thinking it was way too similar to Gurren Lagann and felt way more forced to boot, especially Ashi just happening to exist until the most conveniently worst moment. Before this series started I was welcome to a romantic sub plot, but Ashi was such a bland character who was so hastily developed that I just didn't care. Would have been happier if Jack returned alone and got with that cute wheat field girl in his flashback episode tbqhfamily

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:19 am

beansontoast wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:00 am
Ashi just happening to exist until the most conveniently worst moment.
I try not to think too much about time travel in Samurai Jack, what with the multiple times he chose to help people rather than travel back in time despite the whole idea of traveling back being that the future will never happen.

That being said, is was clearly possible due to residual aku magic