Assassin's Creed The Movie

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
jimbob555

Assassin's Creed The Movie

Post by jimbob555 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Out the 12th of Decemember 2016. Rather than focusing on the original assassins creed story (thankfully) it seems to be distancing itself from it all and focusing on a completely new character set within the spanish inquistion. I'm digging the mix of real action and the CGI looks fine. I hope everyone is laughing when he jumps into the heystack. The edge of the whole movie has been turned upto 11 and it seems they couldn't resist having a rap number in the trailer. With their own silly little new dream machine as well.

I mean this looks like assassins creed to me. Even if the story now is so absurd no one really cares anymore.

I'm also a little surprised they did go for the whole future/past element seeing as that seemed a bit risky as people might thing its some sort of science fiction film but hey if the execs think that can sell then whatever. I'm sure we will get some sort of Assassins Creed-Lite game on iOS or summin announced at E3 which is only around the corner.

disclaimer: i thought the prince of persia was pretty good as a throw away action/adventure/fantasy film
Last edited by jimbob555 on Thu May 12, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Re: Assassin's Creed The Movie - Higher Effort Post

Post by GuitarHero » Thu May 12, 2016 12:52 pm

Looks decent and hopefully it'll actually turn out to be great and show Hollywood that it is possible to make a good video game to film adaptation. Definitely the right idea to go for a new story too, it gives them much more freedom as to what to do to make it work as a film.

Also nice to see that the fighting isn't just him countering their attacks all the time which is a plus

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Thu May 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Looks like it'll be fun and no doubt it'll be pretty popular at the box office.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm hopeful it'll be pretty good actually. I actually enjoyed the Prince of Persia film as well.