Robot Wars

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Bleachyleachy

Re: Robot Wars

Post by Bleachyleachy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Carbide should have had it. Only lost because their weapon conked out
Very impressed with Carbide, probably by far the most powerful robot that's ever competed. Getting hit by that blade really sounded and looked like it would ruin your day

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:18 pm

Yeah, definitely the two best robots in the final, and while Carbide's weapon breaking wasn't ideal, I certainly don't mind Apollo winning. Just hope we get a second series now.

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:42 am

That was an excellent episode and both finalists were definitely worthy. Hoping they make another season now.

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Bleachyleachy wrote:Carbide should have had it. Only lost because their weapon conked out
Very impressed with Carbide, probably by far the most powerful robot that's ever competed. Getting hit by that blade really sounded and looked like it would ruin your day
If anything that is why they deserved to lose. Here's the big difference between a robot like Carbide and a robot like Hypnodisc. Haypnodisc's weapon was disc based, weighed 18kg and spun at 500-600 rpm, Hypnodisc almost always made it to the grand finals and never had mechanical failures and was known for tearing robots up. Carbide has a 25kg spinning bar that spins at over 2000 rpm which makes it more prone to breaking the motor on high impact, so when it gets flipped the first thing that is hitting the ground is the 25kg bar and at 2000rpg that is going to completely ruin the motor. It is carbides biggest design flaw.

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:22 pm

I was glad to see Thor come back - deservedly so - as the wild card, though I soon felt sorry for it and the driver. Carbide ended up being the most fun to watch and if it's spinner hadn't conked out I'm confident it would've beaten Apollo.

Now to pray that the series continues. Anyone fancy Battlebots in the meantime?
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.