The Walking Dead TV Series Thread *SPOILERS*

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: The Walking Dead TV Series Thread *SPOILERS*

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:51 pm

Finally just had chance to watch episode 15 and it was ok, glad we'll finally be seeing Neegan next week, think someone is in for a smashing time. As for who Neegan is I thought he was the guy in the green you saw in the trailer for next weeks episode, at least he looked like the guy who's meant to be playing him unless they've told us a lie to keep his identity secret which I'd be perfectly ok with. Was clearly Daryl who got shot as well.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:14 pm

I don't get how Daryl getting shot is even in question, the gun was being held point blank behind his shoulder
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Rik wrote:I don't get how Daryl getting shot is even in question, the gun was being held point blank behind his shoulder
I was thinking that maybe that the guy holding the gun got shot by someone else
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:07 pm

So I listened to the leaked audio of Negan's intro and boy howdy, I cannot gooseberry fool WAIT to take a trip to Pee-Pee Pants City. It's gonna be amazing.

They'd better not end it on a cliffhanger like the rumours suggest, though. It'd completely destroy the gravity of the scene.
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:36 pm

I just heard it too and oh maaan I'm excited. If they end on a cliffhanger though, I promise you I will stop watching the show. I'd like to think that despite all the mistakes they make, they wouldn't do something as painfully obnoxious as doing a death scene like that- I mean it's pretty clear that it would mess up the pacing entirely and rob the audience of any satisfaction from the death scene and the events that follow. It's just a bad idea on all fronts.

Rik

Post by Rik » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Hopefully watching the finale with some friends at their house tomorrow, getting hyped for the mass hysteria. We'll probably end up taking bets on who's going to get killed off, my money's on Glenn, Michonne or possibly Rick if they're willing to throw a complete curveball (probably not though).

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:23 am

Oh I hate being wrong. There is nothing to be earned from a stunt like this. gooseberry fool idiots. You can't stretch out an already thin story to 90 minutes for no reason, randomly upgrade your villains to gooseberry fool ninjas overnight, and then proceed to cut all the tension you're building with an unrelated arc (and one of the weakest in the show for quite some time). So obviously we knew Negan was coming at the end, and obviously we knew someone was going to die- that's not a great position to be in, sure, but they screwed up with all the damn finger pointing, I mean look at the bloody title of the episode. It's so hackneyed it hurts. All of this serves to put an immense amount of pressure on the final scene, and lo and behold I can't even tell you if it stuck the landing because they didn't even attempt to make one. It's clear that the entire back end of this season has been stalling, making way for terrible arcs like Carol's, and now they're stalling even more. If this is the precedent they want to set, what can we expect from the first few episodes of season 7? Carol and Morgan stumbling back to Alexandria? Tara and Heath pissing about in the wild? Enid killing time in the closet? How long do they want to draw this out? It's campy manipulative storytelling and you can't play with your audience like that and expect them to like it.

/rant

PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:15 pm

As some guy on Twitter said, they turned their Red Wedding moment into their Dexter Is A Lumberjack moment. What a gooseberry fool ripoff. That episode would have made TV history if they hadn't blueballsed us. JDM is a perfect Negan. The tension in that scene was incredible. But they dropped the gooseberry fool ball by not showing us who died. The consequences of Rick's actions should have been the start of this season, rather than the beginning of another. But alas, good storytelling was sacrificed in a desperate and cynical attempt to grab views for the S7 premiere, which would have been massive even if they'd done the scene correctly. The episode should have ended with this panel (spoilered for obvious reasons):
Here's an imgur album of the way the scene went in the comics, if you want closure on that ridiculous, unnecessary cliffhanger: https://imgur.com/a/Cf0cz
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

IronHide
Steam ID: IronHide1981

Post by IronHide » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:15 pm

PiGreat wrote:Image

As some guy on Twitter said, they turned their Red Wedding moment into their Dexter Is A Lumberjack moment. What a gooseberry fool ripoff. That episode would have made TV history if they hadn't blueballsed us. JDM is a perfect Negan. The tension in that scene was incredible. But they dropped the gooseberry fool ball by not showing us who died. The consequences of Rick's actions should have been the start of this season, rather than the beginning of another. But alas, good storytelling was sacrificed in a desperate and cynical attempt to grab views for the S7 premiere, which would have been massive even if they'd done the scene correctly. The episode should have ended with this panel (spoilered for obvious reasons):
Here's an imgur album of the way the scene went in the comics, if you want closure on that ridiculous, unnecessary cliffhanger: https://imgur.com/a/Cf0cz
Is that Maggie? I haven't read the comics.

PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:47 pm

It's Glenn.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:13 pm

This show is so annoying sometimes. Majority of the episode was basically boring nothingness to lead up to one of the best scenes in a long time with JDM as Negan only to completely ruin it in the last five seconds.

Not even a good cliffhanger anyway, doesn't give you any clues as to who it was to speculate on. Just a case of waiting for October by which time no one's going to even care.

It'll probably just end up being Aaron now with the backlash they're probably getting so they can give Glenn a better death later on.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Rik

Post by Rik » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm just immensely disappointed tbh
I was really enjoying it, the road blocks worked well for gradually building tension and while the Carol/Morgan bits broke it up a bit it they were okay enough for it to not matter too much. Negan's introduction was absolutely fantastic and that whole scene was perfect, right up till it went first person and they pulled the single biggest dick move I've ever seen in a TV programme. I could have forgiven them if they'd just taken the kill out of shot and revealed who died with a discretion shot/somebody calling their name because I'm not sure how well they could have done the gore justice compared to in the comics, but to just pull a massive cliffhanger like that is not on. Like PiG said, it's just a cynical, arsewipe move to generate unneeded buzz around next season; they're trying to create a "who shot JR?" moment where there's really no need for one.
All that being said, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was brilliant as Negan and I can't wait to see more of him next season, it's just a shame they've sullied his entrance so badly with such a poor execution (no pun intended)\.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is fantastic as Negan, probably as close as they could get to a perfect casting, he was just how I imagined he'd be. Also nice cameo by Trevor Phillips (aka Steven Ogg), his character in the Walking Dead was almost identical to his character in GTA V.

On the whole the season 6 finale was very good, until the last shot, now don't get me wrong I can understand why they didn't want to go the same way as the comic but not showing us which character was the unlucky soul was just poor, even if they cut to an overhead shot showing the deceased with Negan simply saying "we'll be in touch" as the saviours exit it'd have been a much more satisfying end to a fantastic episode than what we had.

Saying that I'm hoping it goes the same way as the comics and Glenn is the victim, although I have a feeling it could have been Daryl. I think the rest are safe outside of these two characters for the immediate future.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:58 pm

I found that last episode very underwhelming and a massive let down,

I noticed another program advertised halfway through that said "from the makers of the walking dead" but can't remember the name of it, did anyone see what it was called or when it is on?

IronHide
Steam ID: IronHide1981

Post by IronHide » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:37 pm

RichardUK wrote: I noticed another program advertised halfway through that said "from the makers of the walking dead" but can't remember the name of it, did anyone see what it was called or when it is on?
Preacher?

Starts 23rd of May, no idea when/if it'll be available here .

Rik

Post by Rik » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:46 pm

If it was the ad with signs for Atlanta and Rome then I think it was Outcast

PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:44 pm

https://vimeo.com/161512646

It's amazing how a tiny bit of editing can fix a broken ending.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:32 pm

PiGreat wrote:https://vimeo.com/161512646

It's amazing how a tiny bit of editing can fix a broken ending.
That's exactly how it should have been, well done whoever edited it to look like that.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Rik wrote:If it was the ad with signs for Atlanta and Rome then I think it was Outcast
Yes that's the one, thanks

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Didn't realise (until about 10 mins ago) that season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead starts tonight at 9pm (so anytime really).

Rik

Post by Rik » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Still need to catch up on the first season, think it's on Prime now so I'll binge watch it at some point now I'm back at uni with good internet.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:33 am

Rik wrote:Still need to catch up on the first season, think it's on Prime now so I'll binge watch it at some point now I'm back at uni with good internet.
I watched it on Prime, I didn't think I was going to like it after the first episode but I stuck with it and got into it.

Edd

Post by Edd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Fear was dum when it said it was about the initial breakout and how the world falls apart then does a time jump to skip over it.

Rik

Post by Rik » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Wow Edd spoilers
Just watched the first one, was a bit of a slow start and quite predictable but I like what it's building up. Just hope that the next episode doesn't start with them being dumb and not calling the police about Cal.

Edd

Post by Edd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Whoops