The Walking Dead TV Series Thread *SPOILERS*

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Re: The Walking Dead TV Series Thread *SPOILERS*

Post by RichardUK » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:29 am

do you think Jesus is the real Jesus? (joke) he is certainly a very good escape artist, you would have thought Rick would Daryl would have tied him up with something better that ropes after the first time he escape pretty much instantly and got on top of the van, it annoyed him how there was a zombie Deanna when she would have obviously been eaten
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Good episode but a step down from last week, suppose they had to have a slower one for setting stuff up though. Jesus or Phil or whatever he's actually called seems like he'll be interesting though.
Why did Rick and Mishonne have to hook up though, I would have preferred them just being best buds :(
RichardUK wrote:, it annoyed him how there was a zombie Deanna when she would have obviously been eaten
That was a bit dumb, at the very least she should have had a bit more hanging guts and stuff, unless they're implying she fought off a whole horde of zombies on her own while already on her last legs.
Also the writers need to catch on that angsty scenes in the woods can only be used so much for character development, it's getting to be a pretty tired formula now
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:20 am

Pretty good episode for the most part, 'Jesus' seems like he will be a decent character. Some bits of the episode were a touch ridiculous though, especially Rick/Daryl stopping a couple more times for no real reason as they already had a van full of supplies and the first time they stopped their van got nicked.

I do see this moving onto the trading community type thing seen in the comics as it seems to show Rick's group meeting in with some of Jesus group. Would make sense following this plot line wil Negan on the horizon.

IronHide
Steam ID: IronHide1981

Post by IronHide » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:34 pm

In as spoiler free way as possible, could someone explain who Negan is and why they're so important.

Is it basically another Governor type nutcase who'll fight against Rick's group?

Billy
NNID: billen_6
3DS Friend Code: 3351-4040-0132

Post by Billy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:41 am

Daryl/Jesus

PLEASE
ImageImageImage

evilpinkdragon
NNID: evilpinkdragon
3DS Friend Code: 358302156059
PSN ID: evilpinkdragon
Steam ID: evilpinkdragon

Post by evilpinkdragon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:16 am

My mum and I were trying to work out where we'd seen Jesus' actor before, the beard was throwing us off :v he was Brett in Waterloo Road which reaaally takes me back aha
Caught up with episodes 9 and 10 the other day so will spout opinions when I'm less ill & on the laptop. Loving post-midseason so far though!
So you can drag me through hell if it meant I could hold your hand / I will follow you cause I'm under your spell

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Billy wrote:Daryl/Jesus

PLEASE
Somehow I want this more than Daryl/Carol.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:50 am

I was so happy when Gregory got stabbed and I was hoping that it would have killed him as he is a strawberry shortcake, next week should be fun as they go and start war

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 am

Great episode from last week, finally advancing the story and we've met a couple of interesting characters over the last few in Jesus and Gregory, expecting pretty exciting things to happen in the next few episodes, depends how long they want to make the Negan storyline last. Monday's episode was the first one in a while that made me want to watch the next episode straightaway.

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:15 pm

IronHide wrote:In as spoiler free way as possible, could someone explain who Negan is and why they're so important.

Is it basically another Governor type nutcase who'll fight against Rick's group?
In a sense, yeah. Multiply the Governor by a couple of hundred and you're almost at Negan's level.

I hope so very desperately that the S6 credits roll to this:
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am

What a fantastic ending! I was thinking that it was all over but was surprised it would have been that simple, I also didn't expect that the attack would take place in that episode I was thinking they would have dragged it out with just showing you the planning

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:24 pm

The last half of that episode was tense! Good episode though.

Considering how Rick and his group entered Neegans compound and killed everyone Neegans going to be annoyed to say the least, unless there is another huge band of saviours out there Alexandria and Hill Top would have Neegan and the saviours heavily outnumbered, a normal person would press home this advantage but I get the feeling they won't. Still wonder which character is going to get the Lucille treatment though.

Rik

Post by Rik » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:The last half of that episode was tense! Good episode though.

Considering how Rick and his group entered Neegans compound and killed everyone Neegans going to be annoyed to say the least, unless there is another huge band of saviours out there Alexandria and Hill Top would have Neegan and the saviours heavily outnumbered, a normal person would press home this advantage but I get the feeling they won't. Still wonder which character is going to get the Lucille treatment though.
I'd imagine there's another more residential settlement out there for people who live with the Saviours' protection but have to pay tribute, like the couple who stole all of Daryl's stuff.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:33 am

Well I wasn't really expecting that, when the last episode ended I assumed that Negans group would be watching Riks group on cameras in a large base but it was just a few of them in a field through binoculars, when Carol was having a panic attack I thought it was all an act but it didn't seem like it was and she is having some sort of breakdown after killing so many people, I really like Carol so hope she doesn't, also Maggie got cut on her tummy at the time I thought it was worse and she may lose the baby but it didn't seem to affect her so maybe not, do you think that was the whole Saviors/Negan group?

Rik

Post by Rik » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Good episode, looking forward to seeing whether Carol starts leaning more towards Morgan's thinking now. Did a good job of humanising the Saviours and blurring the lines a bit more after those pictures above the guy's bed last episode seemed to be saying "look these people are awful, they deserve to be killed!".
RichardUK wrote:do you think that was the whole Saviors/Negan group?
Definitely not, like I said before those people Daryl met seemed to be just ordinary people living with Saviour protection so there's definitely another settlement somewhere, plus by the sound of it there are multiple scout groups going around meaning it's a big operation.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Sweet ep. Was cool Maggie and Carol just saved themselves rather than needing everyone else to come in and rescue them.

And @Richard, don't think Maggie did get cut in the stomach, was just very close and got her shirt instead but the fact that Saviour lady tried it was what made Carol shoot her.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Good episode, still disappointed by the lack of 'Lucille' though. Get a feeling we actually aren't going to see Neegan till the last couple of episodes which is a good thing when I think about it, Rick and his group can hear more stories of how crazy Neegan is before actually meeting the man himself.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:55 am

From last Mondays episode - Has Carol left then? if so it was a pretty poor exit for someone who has been in it for so long

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:22 am

I doubt Carol will have left for good, definitely not a fitting end for a character who's been in the programme since the start

Anyway is was a very 'meh' episode for me again, until the last 20 mins. It had its good parts. I find it annoying that whenever they start to make a character even slightly interesting they just kill them off

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:58 am

Robbo-92 wrote:I find it annoying that whenever they start to make a character even slightly interesting they just kill them off
I agree, it came as a shock to me that she did get killed as I thought they were making her into more of a main character after she survived the walker in the car

Casplen

Post by Casplen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Obviously she's not gone for good. Obviously. In fact, the next promo shows them going after her. God damn this is simple TV logic.

Oh and I'm pretty damn sad about the death of Dr Denise. I didn't think Meritt Wever would be sticking around long, considering her relative success, but I didn't expect her to be offed so soon. Her characterisation was more subtle than most (not that that's saying much for TWD) and she was pretty likeable, but I guess her death was the right kind of unsatisfying.

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:55 pm

For what it's worth, Denise actually got Abraham's death from the comics. Kirkman said he regretted killing Abraham off so early, especially considering the events to come. Frankly, I'm hyped as motherdick for more Abe.
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:48 am

Not really that much happened in last night's episode until right at the end where it left you wondering who got shot

Casplen

Post by Casplen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:12 am

...Daryl got shot. Clearly. You're not even left wondering if he'll live or not, the show tells you. But yeah, mostly another piece moving episode, which I'd be more okay with if they were finished in that regard. At least it's 90 minutes next week.

And it would seem Carol's panic attacks before killing are genuine now, which I'm not really happy about either. Considering this whole arc and character development doesn't feel properly earned, something with a bit more nuance would have probably paid off a lot more. On the bright side, Melissa Mcbride is fantastic as always and she's selling it much better than it has any right to be. I'm not too sure how they're going to wrap this up without killing her off, but god damn they better.

Rik

Post by Rik » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 am

Decent episode, bit at the end really caught me off guard. Looking forward to finally seeing Negan next episode and finding out what all the fuss is about, would I be right guessing that he's the guy who was looking for his horse this episode? Mainly thinking that from the brief glimpse of somebody on horseback in the preview and the fact that Morgan stopping Rick from killing him would provide a nice dark inversion of his whole speech about saving the Wolf coming in a circle to make something good happen. There again I'm probably just reading way too much into it.
On another note, really hope Hilltop isn't going to be relegated to a one time thing, I want more Jesus in my life. Obviously there won't be much room for it next episode what with the big showdown with the Saviours but an appearance next season would be good.