The Walking Dead TV Series Thread *SPOILERS*

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Re: The Walking Dead TV Series Thread *SPOILERS*

Post by Casplen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:12 am

Yeah, especially considering they were so vague about it on Talking Dead- they didn't even add his name to the memoriam section. Ultimately I'm not entirely satisfied either way here- if he lives, then everything is just sort of dumb because main characters would just seem immortal, ruining my suspension of disbelief- if he did die, then honestly I'm not really satisfied with the arc they were going for here with him and Nicholas. Glenn's character deserved better.

I feel the only way I'd be happy is by Glenn surviving, but bitten, and returning to Alexandria. Here there'd be at least more emotional payoff and a chance to set something up for Maggie to do, plus it parallel's the other arc in this episode about that guy wanting to return home to say goodbye to his wife, and at least redeems how immensely bleak this episode felt in it's message. I agree with the AV Club's review here really- yeah sure, it's not an optimistic show, and nor is it supposed to be, but this offering was particularly pessimistic.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:07 am

Edd wrote:Not convinced on Glenn's death. Looked more like the other guy was just being eaten on top of them which would disguise Glenn and let him happily walk away unharmed. Pls
That's exactly what I thought, he will be able to hide under the bin and get out of there somehow, you cant have a main character die with out another main character seeing it happen, it will also be interesting to see how Rick gets out of his situation
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

IronHide
Steam ID: IronHide1981

Post by IronHide » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:01 pm

RichardUK wrote:
Edd wrote:Not convinced on Glenn's death. Looked more like the other guy was just being eaten on top of them which would disguise Glenn and let him happily walk away unharmed. Pls
That's exactly what I thought, he will be able to hide under the bin and get out of there somehow, you cant have a main character die with out another main character seeing it happen, it will also be interesting to see how Rick gets out of his situation
Glenn will probably survive but might get bitten and die later on.

Rick will just climb through the RV skylight and sit on the roof picking of the zombies with swift chops of his machete

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:30 pm

Apparently Glenn's listed as appearing in more episodes this season so that's kind of a shame. I like his character but I like the main characters dying off too and it's just cheap to fake it out and isn't really what TWD and similar shows are about. I like arcs not being concluded satisfactorily for a character in the show if it's done well simply because the point at the start of the show was pushing that that's what happens, you die quickly and suddenly in this world, just seems they've lost sight of that a bit now but still it's been a great few episodes to start with and I've got high hopes for the rest of it.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Watch him make a miraculous return in a couple of weeks but then die for real in the same episode.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Kind of disappointing that he's not actually dead if he's listed as appearing in later episodes (as that's ruined the suspense of is he or isn't he dead), but I guess he could also appear as a walker? I just don't see how Glenn could have gotten out of that situation unless it was foreshadowing of his (and Nicholas's) death, also I have just read an article saying that apparently Nicholas was out of bullets so he couldn't have shot himself possibly meaning the death was a hallucination from Nicholas or Glenn.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:41 pm

If he does survive it'll probably be some deus ex machina eton mess that I don't buy, if it is a hallucination for the sake of a cliffhanger that's even worse. Might as well say it was all a dream in Rick's comatose state. But yeah, he's in the cast list on imdb for the rest of the season so idk, maybe they just list all of the main cast for the whole season but guess we'll find out.
Destiny is Destiny.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:14 am

I enjoyed last nights episode, at first I was disappointed realizing it wasn't going to show you what's happening now

I also read that Glenn (Steven Yeun) has been removed from the credits

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Great episode in my opinion, was interesting to see how Morgan became the Morgan we see in series 6, as the episode finished with Morgan reading the signs for Terminus that does make me wonder if another full or part episode will be dedicated to Morgan about his time from Terminus to Alexandria. A shame that Eastman was actually killed in that episode, would have been better if they killed him off later (if Morgan gets his own segment again) or made the characters split due to differing opinions on where to go/what to do, I found Eastman a good character and felt they just killed him because they could.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:27 pm

it was also a shame Tabatha had to die,

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:53 pm

It's unlikely that Morgan'll get another episode like that, I mean it did what it had to do, we saw how he went from what he was to what he is now and it ended in the present, what more is there to add to it that'd be worthwhile? We're all caught up with him, we don't need everything explicitly laid out for us nor should we.
Destiny is Destiny.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Another good episode but it didn't bring us any closer to find out what's happened to the others, I wonder what the blood coming through the fence means?

IronHide
Steam ID: IronHide1981

Post by IronHide » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:46 pm

RichardUK wrote:Another good episode but it didn't bring us any closer to find out what's happened to the others, I wonder what the blood coming through the fence means?
I'd imagine the blood is from the walkers getting squashed against the fence.

I don't think we'll see Glenn again until the season finale, Abraham, Sasha and Daryl will almost certainly be back next week.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Possible casting spoiler for finale of S6 through to S7: Jeffrey Dean Morgan has apparently cast as Negan set to appear in the finale of Season 6
Destiny is Destiny.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 am

I think the preview for next weeks episode more or less showed Glenn's more likely alive than dead, as it showed an overhead of the dumpster where some people think Glenn managed to get into from the underside somehow.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:28 pm

All caught up at last, woohoo
Really enjoyed the Morgan episode, the latest one was a bit boring though. Kept expecting the teenager to attack Rick or do some other stupid stuff but in the end nothing really happened at all. As for Glenn, I'm buying into the Nicholas' guts theory, not sure how exactly he's getting out of the situation but it was far too deliberately ambiguous for him to just be dead.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Edd

Post by Edd » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 pm

New ep was kinda kwl because at least it had some Daryl. I kind of wish they did episodes more like Game of Thrones though and jumped around a bit more between different groups instead of focussing on one small group per week because it just ends up feeling like a lot of filler and we go weeks without seeing certain characters. Like Carol, have we even seen her since episode two?

Totally Glenn on the radio tho

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:03 am

Eh, I prefer this style of story telling. I get why some people don't if they're in a position where they feel they don't remember what happened when so far the whole season has been a single event but I appreciate seeing full character arcs running in one go rather than being fragmented. The only real filler episode was Morgan's one simply because it wasn't really pertinent to the plot at the moment but I get that they had no better place for it.
Destiny is Destiny.

Edd

Post by Edd » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:05 am

ur wrong

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:05 am

fite me
Destiny is Destiny.

Edd

Post by Edd » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:08 am

I'll fite you in four weeks when it's our turn to be the focus again.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:32 am

But I want to fite now in small intervals over the course of the next four weeks
Destiny is Destiny.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:34 am

I'm going to watch it again but I thought the person on the radio at the end was the man/woman who stole Daryl's bike and crossbow (he'll want his crossbow back afterall), I hadn't actually thought about it being Glenn

Actually really enjoyed last nights episode though.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:50 am

Robbo-92 wrote:I'm going to watch it again but I thought the person on the radio at the end was the man/woman who stole Daryl's bike and crossbow (he'll want his crossbow back afterall), I hadn't actually thought about it being Glenn

Actually really enjoyed last nights episode though.
It was hard to tell whos voice it was on the radio, but if it was Glenn then they still need to work it in so that Daryl gets his crossbow and bike back, unless they just get found dead on the way to Glenn's location?

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:53 am

RichardUK wrote:It was hard to tell whos voice it was on the radio, but if it was Glenn then they still need to work it in so that Daryl gets his crossbow and bike back, unless they just get found dead on the way to Glenn's location?
Why do they?
Destiny is Destiny.