Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer!!! *spoilers*

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Nintendonator3000

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer!!! *spoilers*

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Watching Rogue One again and it really is an excellent film. Especially feels impacting having seen the building up of the Rebellion in Rebels. I really hope season 4 will end around the battle of Scariff.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Season 4 of Rebels will probably end on the loss of all losses, which will explain why the meeting is so decisive at Yavin in Rogue.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Nintendonator3000 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Watching Rogue One again and it really is an excellent film. Especially feels impacting having seen the building up of the Rebellion in Rebels. I really hope season 4 will end around the battle of Scariff.
"excellent"
nah i can't agree there, it was enjoyable but far from excellent

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:32 pm

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv ... s-project/
i liked Rogue one but it would have been way better as a Tv series so you could properly flesh out everyone and give them real character depth and motivations other than "well someone has to do it" that the movie ended up feeling like
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Vtheyoshi wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:20 pm
"excellent"
Might be blind Star Wars fanboyism, but I found it excellent.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

DekuHero
NNID: Deathbringer2206
PSN ID: Deathbringer2206
Xbox Gamertag: Ghostface2206
Steam ID: Deathbringer2206

Post by DekuHero » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Rogue One was good but felt like it was bogged down by reshoots, some way more noticeable than others, like did they really need a cameo of those two guys from Mos Eisley?

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:44 pm

I really enjoyed Rogue One, especially since before i got it on blu ray, i read no reviews, watched no trailers, and heard no spoilers.

I will also be avoiding all to do with Last Jedi, as too many trailers and info can really start to spoil things.
ImageImage

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Vtheyoshi wrote:
"excellent"
Interesting counterpoint.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Kriken wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:51 pm
Vtheyoshi wrote:
"excellent"
Interesting counterpoint.
no u

if i am to elaborate, I thought the characters were uninteresting and often felt like they had little motivation other than "we're rebels so we must rebel", like they touch upon the girl's and Space Slav's family history and how that relates to the empire a bit, but not nearly enough to show how that drives them imo
Like showing the chick's dad in a flashback doing something with her that you would expect a father to do with their family would have gone a long way towards making her more believable as a character

Then there were a lot of things that seemed to be there purely for fanservice purposes without much thought put into how it would make sense, like those Walkers in the last part of the movie; how the hell are those practical for defence, especially against a small invading force like that

I also think mentioning the force was unnecessary; Donnie Yen's character was outright annoying at a few points, it's like it was there just to remind us that we're still watching a star wars film

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:46 pm

I really enjoyed Rogue One, still wonder how it was supposed to end though before they reshot the ending parts. Rogue One is not Force Awakens levels of good though, I've not enjoyed a film as much as Force Awakens in a long time. Preferred Rogue One to all of the prequel films as well, in recent years I've come to appreciate Revenge of The Sith a lot more though.

I'm actually rewatching all of the films, watched the prequels last week before Rogue One came out and now I'm watching A New Hope. I'll more than likely watch them all again before The Last Jedi comes out in December.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Far as I'm aware, the ending was pretty much the entire team fight their way across the beach once Jyn has the plans and the escape in a U-Wing that quickly drops in to pick them up. Doesn't exactly sound impactful.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Guess the main difference would be Jyn doesn't die.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Don't think anyone did. There's still a bit of mystery surrounding that part.

Since this is for books as well, who's read the first Battlefront novel, and are you interested in the second? Only read a preview of the first, but the second seems much more promising since it has the author of Dark Disciple.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:19 pm

The current novels I've read are 'A New Dawn', 'Rogue One: Catalyst' and 'Ahsoka', as well as the Kanan comic series, all of which I've enjoyed. Also got 'Thrawn' for my birthday which I'll be starting shortly.

Haven't read Battlefront, what's it about?

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Battlefront: Twilight Company is set during the Galactic Civil War following the Sixty-First Mobile Infantry. They're the last line of defence for the retreat of the rebellion attack force, but a lucky break means they can turn that retreat into a counter-attack.
The preview I read of it felt similar to Rogue One in that it focused more on the war itself and the consequences of that.

Battlefront: Inferno Squad obviously ties into the campaign of the second game and launches in July. A prequel to the campaign, it's set just after Rogue One. In a way it shows how this squad came together.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Seems pretty good - I'll likely get around to it. Also have the Aftermath trilogy to read.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Aftermath trilogy is definitely a good read. You'll enjoy them, I'm sure.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:52 am

DarkRula wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 pm
Aftermath trilogy is definitely a good read. You'll enjoy them, I'm sure.
Just finished them - I did indeed enjoy them. Some great new characters, Sloane is still brilliant, I was hooked.

Also finished my 5 month run through of all the movies and TV episodes (plus the Aftermath trilogy), man I love Star Wars. I feel we're due a new TLJ trailer.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:09 am

I've been wondering when a new trailer would hit. Rebels got a new one a week back, so I feel it should be nearly time for the film to get one as well.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 am

Be careful with this trailer. As has been said - if you want to go in clean, give this trailer a miss.
It certainly gets you thinking. And guessing at certain things.

As to the main question on everyone's lips? Unless they've tricked us in the trailer, I'm sure that reveal is now easier to guess than ever.

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:03 pm

For some reason this trailer doesn't make me feel as hyped as when The Force Awakens trailer first dropped, but maybe that's because I just now expect and accept that we are getting plenty more Star Wars films.

This new trailer definitely looks good though, I definitely like how they are adding even more life to the universe with different creatures and such (even if the Porg things are a blatant excuse for more merchandising)

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter