Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer!!! *spoilers*

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
AdamAG

Re: Star Wars

Post by AdamAG » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:03 am

I don't think I've ever seen something so comprehensively (and humourously) disect a particular thing as the Plinkett Reviews did. They're literally spot on with everything.

SanTheSly
NNID: SanTheSly
3DS Friend Code: 0430-8264-1513
PSN ID: SanTheSly
Steam ID: SanTheSly

Post by SanTheSly » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:04 am

Just checked; it's only the 6 films and the Clone Wars animated series.
Remember Reach / THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE / Turn Down For What?

Flag

Post by Flag » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:09 am

SanTheSly wrote: Side-note: I know the Matrix sequels are trash but I still enjoy them a load because I really loved the universe they created in the first movie and I always want to see more of it.
Yeah, that probably sums up my thoughts on the prequels in a kind of way.

I'm 90% sure they said Force Unleashed wasn't canon anymore and that's what got me thinking too. Though, I guess it does open up the possibility to movies set between 3/4..

Follow me on Twitter - @FlagCaptured

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:15 am

AdamAG wrote:I don't think I've ever seen something so comprehensively (and humourously) disect a particular thing as the Plinkett Reviews did. They're literally spot on with everything.
Yes, they're really good.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:39 am

Flag wrote:
SanTheSly wrote: Side-note: I know the Matrix sequels are trash but I still enjoy them a load because I really loved the universe they created in the first movie and I always want to see more of it.
Yeah, that probably sums up my thoughts on the prequels in a kind of way.

I'm 90% sure they said Force Unleashed wasn't canon anymore and that's what got me thinking too. Though, I guess it does open up the possibility to movies set between 3/4..
The films are the only thing classed as canon now, largely because Lucas is a moron and Disney didn't like the fact that there was a fully established universe that they'd have to work within instead of just making up eton mess.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Noodle Link
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito

Post by Noodle Link » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 am

AdamAG wrote:I don't think I've ever seen something so comprehensively (and humourously) disect a particular thing as the Plinkett Reviews did. They're literally spot on with everything.
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Flag

Post by Flag » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:04 pm

To be honest, that's a far better way of doing things - nothing worse than being super limited on what you can do. Besides, writing off the Extended Universe is hardly a bad thing, they bring back and kill off every character again many times from what I recall and it's all kinda average.

SanTheSly

Post by SanTheSly » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:36 pm

THE DARK SIDE.....

...and trade negotiations

Flag

Post by Flag » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:56 am

And the worrying fact is that'll probably actually happen in a few years time...

I'm rather hoping Disney release the originals though, not the special editions. They were pretty good spectacle wise but I hated how they messed with the actual films beyond just digitally improving what was already there. For example, Han Shot first, etc.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:54 am

A minor disappointment compared to more major ones for me, is the design of transport and vehicles since the original trilogy. The M F, X wing, Tie Fighter, snow speeder .. heck the lovely land speeder:

Half way through that trailer for episode 7 .. what on gods earth is that woman riding in the desert ?! .. it looks like a space age fork lift of some kind, hideous monstrosity.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 pm

loved the phantom menace to pieces when i was a kid, and i think it's one of the first films i can remember watching on repeat a bunch of times after pestering my parents to buy me the VHS. really didn't like episodes two and three a whole lot, the scripts were just meh and hayden christensen is a thing in both of them. the original trilogy is pretty good, empire being the highlight, and i'm optimistic for this new trilogy. i liked abrams' reboot of star trek (i haven't seen into darkness yet) so i'm guessing he can work some magic with star wars too. that, and disney have probably written him a blank cheque for the budget.

also, darth maul. darth maul was rad and he shouldn't have died cause his facepaint stuff was badass and his lightsaber was cool. heard they were making a darth maul game in the same vein as the batman arkham games, but when disney aqquired the rights to all of the lucasarts studios they shut down production. goddammit walt.
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:02 pm

The Darth Maul game was cancelled before the Disney acquisition, but all the same. We lost what could have been another great game, and it all comes down to how poorly services LucasArts really was in the later years. Most might not like EA, and most might not like mobile games, but outsourcing to other developers without the need of LucasArts [for most things, anyway] may well have been the best thing about the Disney acquisition. Now, the argument could be said that they were slowly getting back to their feet, but how long would that have taken? Years, maybe?
At least this way we are guaranteed new games of good quality [overlooking the collosal mess of Battlefield 4's launch]. And we're also getting new films, which might not really have happened had Lucas stayed in charge. The Clone Wars would have continued, yes. But new films?

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Then you should watch the Clone wars season 4 where for some reason the separatists retrieve Dath Mauls body and give him robotic legs so he can fight against obi wan with his "brother" iirc.
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Separatists aren't involved. It's literally his 'brother' Savage Opress sent by Mother Talzin to resuce him. His resurrected, beging fight with Obi-Wan. Cue Season 5 where the fight continues.

The False Guwuh
3DS Friend Code: 112           

Post by The False Guwuh » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 pm

D.J wrote:
SanTheSly wrote:But the prequels ARE bad. I don't see how that's arguable.
The third one was alright though.
no it wasnt
People who get offended should be offended

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm still gutted they canned Star Wars 1313 (was something like that anyway), you were basically a bounty hunter on level 1313 of Coruscant, graphically very impressive and the gameplay they showed looked great as well.

Flag

Post by Flag » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Probably have been cancelled for a reason though to be fair... Still a shame, however.

I agree with the whole Darth Maul thing though, shame they cancelled that game. They should never have 'killed him off' in Episode 1, should have acted as a kind of motivator for Obi Wan throughout the prequel trilogy, as an element of getting revenge for Qui-Gon or something.

Also because he was a complete badass, but still.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:07 am

Flag wrote:Probably have been cancelled for a reason though to be fair... Still a shame, however.
Yes, the acquisition of LucasArts by Disney is the reason. Disney killed it because they didn't want to fund it so the project died.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Flag

Post by Flag » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:37 am

Is that all? Damn, that sucks then... I thought it'd have been something like that the game just wasn't going to live up to the standards a Star Wars game should have done or something.

That's a lot more disappointing to hear...

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:19 am

Flag wrote:
I agree with the whole Darth Maul thing though. They should never have 'killed him off' in Episode 1, should have acted as a kind of motivator for Obi Wan throughout the prequel trilogy, as an element of getting revenge for Qui-Gon or something.

Also because he was a complete badass, but still.
Imagine how good the third part would have been for Obi-Wan .. facing and defeating Darth Maul, then facing soon to be Darth Vader .. now that would have been Impressive :)
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 am

DarkRula wrote:The Darth Maul game was cancelled before the Disney acquisition, but all the same. We lost what could have been another great game, and it all comes down to how poorly services LucasArts really was in the later years. Most might not like EA, and most might not like mobile games, but outsourcing to other developers without the need of LucasArts [for most things, anyway] may well have been the best thing about the Disney acquisition. Now, the argument could be said that they were slowly getting back to their feet, but how long would that have taken? Years, maybe?
At least this way we are guaranteed new games of good quality [overlooking the collosal mess of Battlefield 4's launch]. And we're also getting new films, which might not really have happened had Lucas stayed in charge. The Clone Wars would have continued, yes. But new films?
Just one thing I noticwd. EA is by far the worse. No contest.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:12 am

JenovaPX wrote:The films are the only thing classed as canon now, largely because Lucas is a moron and Disney didn't like the fact that there was a fully established universe that they'd have to work within instead of just making up eton mess.
To be fair the expanded universe had boba fett fall into the sarlaac pit twice because two separate stories were written about him escaping from it and it was the only way to keep them both canon.

There is a ton of dumb stuff in the EU so I for one am kind of glad they've cut it back.

I mean how many people were integral to delivering the death star plans by the end of it? About half the galaxy it seemed

SanTheSly

Post by SanTheSly » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:38 am

Quarg Ranger
NNID: I wonder if
3DS Friend Code: writing in the
PSN ID: profile fields is
Xbox Gamertag: restricted?
Steam ID: Apparently not...

Post by Quarg Ranger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Would have been funnier if that video was cut shorter, but pretty good nonetheless.
Wrathy: Water's not just a drink. I mean, you can't have a bath in lemonade, wash the dishes in sprite or flush the toilet with irn bru.
--
Gallery | RedBubble | Never Forget
--
I used to have an original sig, now I'm just a mod.

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:16 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
There is a ton of dumb stuff in the EU so I for one am kind of glad they've cut it back.it seemed
hey remember that Droid that blows up so that R2d2 can join be bought by luke and uncle Owen? In the expanded universe its explained that he is able to use the force and had had a vision of what would happen and so decides to sacrifice himself for the greater good
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that