Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer!!! *spoilers*

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Noodle Link
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito

Re: Star Wars

Post by Noodle Link » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Seemed relevant.
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Flag

Post by Flag » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Bix wrote:
Flag wrote:
I agree with the whole Darth Maul thing though. They should never have 'killed him off' in Episode 1, should have acted as a kind of motivator for Obi Wan throughout the prequel trilogy, as an element of getting revenge for Qui-Gon or something.

Also because he was a complete badass, but still.
Imagine how good the third part would have been for Obi-Wan .. facing and defeating Darth Maul, then facing soon to be Darth Vader .. now that would have been Impressive :)
Something like that would have been such a great change! To be honest, I think the prequels should have been more Obi-Wan's story rather than Anakin's - but have Anakin/Vader's story be the overarching one. Keep Grievous though and keep him as a general in the seperatist movement, but not as an 'apprentice' as it's suggested in Episode 3...

I mean, I still maintain the prequels weren't bad to the extent that they're unwatchable but they could have been done so much better. Which is why I'm extremely glad George Lucas isn't doing a whole lot, if anything at all with the 'sequel trilogy' from what I've heard.

Follow me on Twitter - @FlagCaptured

Diddy

Post by Diddy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 am

Sci-fi is my favourite genre and I enjoyed all the Star Wars films.

My personal favourite was Ep 1. This one could well have been the worst. The problem with prequals is that you essentially know what is going to happen, the narrative only moves in one direction to a pre-determined location. Also prequals reset the clock on all the character development earned by the end of their stories. Was anyway watching Ep 4 and wondering what Baba Felts or Darth Vaders back story was-did anyone really care? Ep 1 is set before any of the notable characters have done anything interesting.

So why does Ep 1, work so well? Its because of the new stories and characters it introduces. Rather than just be an origin story for the characters of the original prequal, all that stuff is just a setting, just the stuff that's going on in the background while the real focus is on Jar Jar Binks. Jar Jar is the real star [star] of Star Wars Ep 1, whether it was intensional or not he's the one that everyone remembers whether they're obsessive fans of the originals or this is the first film they've seen.

Here's what I don't understand, he featured so heavily in the 1 and 2, then he was hardly in 3. Why have all that character development then just drop him. Hopefully they'll pick up his story in the new one's. One of Jar Jar's defining qualities is loneliness and disconnect, would anyone else like to see a romantic story line for Jar Jar in the new Star Wars?

Ep 4 has a special place in my heart just because its the first and the start of a very special franchise.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:18 am

Well at least we now know you're just trolling with your reviews.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 am

JacquesLEB

Post by JacquesLEB » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Considering JJ Abrams turned Star Trek into Star Wars anyway he is probably a good candidate for a Star Wars movie, I know it will look great and will be well acted, Abrams greatest failing is writing a cohesive story (the last 2 Trek movies were shoddily written) and when he took over writing duties with Kasden (who hasn't written anything worthwhile in 20 years) I got rather worried especially since they axed Ardn't script whom is a better writer than Abrams.

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Even if Episode VII doesn't live up to the hype of being the first new Star Wars film in a decade [but let's be honest, it should] there's always the spin offs and Episode VIII, which seems to only have minimal Abrams interaction. And of course, there's the journey to Episode VII content that's going to start being published soon.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:47 pm

DarkRula wrote:Even if Episode VII doesn't live up to the hype of being the first new Star Wars film in a decade [but let's be honest, it should] there's always the spin offs and Episode VIII, which seems to only have minimal Abrams interaction. And of course, there's the journey to Episode VII content that's going to start being published soon.
It won't live up to the hype, because the hype has already reached the point where expectations are simply unrealistic.

It happened with Episode 1, the hype surrounding it was so extreme, it could have been the greatest thing ever (it wasn't, but that's not the point) and people still would not have been satisfied.

Just you wait, once Episode VII is released, it won't take long for the backlash to begin.
ImageImage

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:52 pm

At least I'm reasonable with that sort of thing then. I can't be bothered hyping anything up, I'm just optimistic.
As for the rest? I can already imagine the reaction. Any Sonic the Hedgehog fan who connects with the community can imagine the backlash [considering that happens with pretty much every game released].

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm reasonably hyped. I think the film will turn out well. Honestly, I think it would be difficult to mess it up, given who's working on it and how much of a great undertaking it is. They'll want to get it perfect.

If it's not great, oh well. Fans were already burned by the prequel trilogy so it'll be less of a shock. And at least we'd have a better indicator of how the next two films turn out.

K2.

Post by K2. » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:04 am

Watching the first Star Trek reboot and some of the scenes look very transferable to Star Wars, has raised my expectations especially as I can see the new Star Trek films, their general mood and vibe working better for Star Wars than Trek.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:01 pm

The Star Wars Celebration Episode VII panel begins in one hour. Livestream of the event should be up soon.
Should be good to see what comes out of it. Not just for The Force Awakens, but for other Star Wars related media and merchandise as well.

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:00 pm

The new trailer is mint.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:06 pm

It definitely is brilliant.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:11 pm

ive never watched a single Star Wars film, i bought a dvd box set ages ago intending to watch them but never did, i used to love Star Trek the next generation so thought i might like Star Wars
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Just watched the new trailer and it looks amazing :)

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 pm

I've watched the trailer 3 times over and still cannot decide whether I like it or not.

I have found that I like a lot of the old things, such as Mark Hamill's voiceover and Harrison Ford and Chewie at the end (tapping into that nostalgia factor I suppose) and the awesome cross-old/awesome situation things, such as the crashed Star Destroyer and the chase through its wreckage. However, some of the new things shown I'm still skeptical on, although still intrigued by; the "Chrome Trooper" for one.

Also, I am absolutely amazed by how they have built and operate the new BB-8 droid, and now absolutely love it rather than loathe it like I did when the first teaser trailer was revealed :mrgreen:

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Quarg Ranger
NNID: I wonder if
3DS Friend Code: writing in the
PSN ID: profile fields is
Xbox Gamertag: restricted?
Steam ID: Apparently not...

Post by Quarg Ranger » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Am I the only one confused by the confusion that everyone seems to be in about the lightsaber handover? Like, it's quite obviously Leia, seeing as he's talking about her at the time and we all know that she possesses the force? I'd expect some EU readers to be putting everyone else straight at least, but it appears that no-one is...
Wrathy: Water's not just a drink. I mean, you can't have a bath in lemonade, wash the dishes in sprite or flush the toilet with irn bru.
--
Gallery | RedBubble | Never Forget
--
I used to have an original sig, now I'm just a mod.

K2.

Post by K2. » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:17 pm

I get the feeling the speech was aimed at someone new, a new jedi who he is repeating the speech he gave Leia in RotJ to

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:24 pm

But the EU isn't even canon to the new films anymore so maybe leia wont have a lightsabre and shea will be more of a figure head for the new Rebellion against the empire.
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that

Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Post by Spilskinanka » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Also Revan
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 pm

I've only watched Phantom Menace, and I liked it, but I've never gotten further than that because Clone Wars sucked balls and I couldn't get through the first 10 minutes.

I'm the kinda person that likes to watch stuff in order so although the prequel trilogy was released after the original trilogy, I can't bring myself to watch the original trilogy without first seeing what happens in the prequels.
Darth Maul was pretty cool though. He sorta made up for Jar Jar Binks.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Scapegoat wrote:I've only watched Phantom Menace, and I liked it, but I've never gotten further than that because Clone Wars sucked balls and I couldn't get through the first 10 minutes.

I'm the kinda person that likes to watch stuff in order so although the prequel trilogy was released after the original trilogy, I can't bring myself to watch the original trilogy without first seeing what happens in the prequels.
Darth Maul was pretty cool though. He sorta made up for Jar Jar Binks.
I really would say that you should persevere through the worst film (Attack of the Clones), Revenge of the Sith is much better than Attack of the Clones, I felt that entry (aotc) tried its hardest to be cheesy at every opportunity and somehow they actually succeeded. Then you will be able to watch the original trilogy which are an absolute joy to watch.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:16 pm

I knew it was something with clones in it but I couldn't remember the exact name, clone wars is that animated show then.

If I ever get time I might watch Episode 2 so I can watch the rest. Or I could just watch a run down of what happened on YouTube or something.

Didn't the films end on a good point though? How are Disney going to make a sequel to it anyway? 7 films is bordering close to Shrek territory, and as Star Wars is considered a classic then I'd hate for it to be ruined by having too many films.

Mr. EE

Post by Mr. EE » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Shrek had 4 films...
Edd ~ EE is a cool guy.