Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Post Reply
User avatar
charlie
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
NNID: charliemeon
3DS Friend Code: 4296 3111 4033
Steam ID: charliemeon
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by charlie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:46 pm

hello i made a google form for people to put their numbers in

http://goo.gl/forms/PyShTUA2je

kerr9000
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 pm

I didnt see the egg moon thing as anti abortion.. I saw it as the Doctor trying to say to Clara ..Look I am not always going to be here to save the day... I was almost gone if not for my new regeneration cycle you people need to learn to think for yourself to make mature decisions and grow up as a species...

The 7th Doctor tried very hard to make something out of Ace, he was almost looking at her as if she might be an almost replacment for him if anything was to happen, this is kind of how he has treated Clara recently which if things are how they seem and shes going to back stab him will make it all the more spectacular

User avatar
SupaWaluigi
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:52 am
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:44 pm

I still think "Kill the Moon" was the worst so far, now along with the most recent episode. I HATE CHILD ACTORS IN DOCTOR WHO!! (Although there are some exceptions of course, such as the actor for young Amy Pond)
Image

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

kerr9000
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:51 pm

I met young pond at a convention, I was with my fiancée and my daughter, my daughter and her are about the same age.. She was brilliant really friendly and polite if a touch shy... was very happy to talk a whole bunch to my daughter about Doctor who and about things like school etc

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:54 pm

kerr9000 wrote:I didnt see the egg moon thing as anti abortion.. I saw it as the Doctor trying to say to Clara ..Look I am not always going to be here to save the day... I was almost gone if not for my new regeneration cycle you people need to learn to think for yourself to make mature decisions and grow up as a species...
It was so unbelievably blatant that I'm shocked to see that anyone didn't see it. You're looking at it on too much of a surface level.
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

kerr9000
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 pm

If you abort a baby you kill one person basically in most cases because your selfish....(there are exceptions) the egg was very different it was a choice kill some form of creature without knowing if its good or bad, what its going to do to save a whole planet or allow things to just happen... with a baby you know what's going to come out, its going to be a baby its not going to potentially rip apart half of the universe or swallow your sole... it reminded me more of the Spock/kirk argument The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.... or The needs of the one can outweigh the needs of the few as Kirk suggested when saving spock

User avatar
SupaWaluigi
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:52 am
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:16 pm

What if Satan himself had a baby?

I didn't really see that episode having a theme specifically aimed at abortion or anti-abortion because I can't really see Doctor Who tackling that sort of social problem in a way audiences will immediately respond or take home that message, but then again I'm sure it has been done before in other episodes.

Personally, I see this episode as much about abortion as that one episode where fat particles became living things/aliens was about drastic weight loss regimes, but it could have been aimed exactly at that theme!
(That was a particularly disturbing episode, especially when that woman exploded in her bathroom)
Image

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:17 pm

kerr9000 wrote:If you abort a baby you kill one person basically in most cases because your selfish...
This is dumb and you should feel dumb.
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

kerr9000
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Says the person who has started throwing insults instead of building a counter argument.

User avatar
komodo joe
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by komodo joe » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:33 pm

a foetus is not a person
Image
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:34 pm

kerr9000 wrote:Says the person who has started throwing insults instead of building a counter argument.
Alright, then. A parent doesn't want a baby. Abortion is not allowed. The baby is born into a miserable life because it is unwanted/incapable of being looked after. It's selfish to stop this miserable life from being birthed?

By the same measure, if abortion is murder, then you're wiping out legions every time you masturbate. I may have stolen that from Bill Hicks but he's got a damn good point.

Basically, if someone is pregnant but they do not want kids, then they should be allowed to abort. It astounds me that anyone would disagree.

Oh, and saying a statement is dumb is not an insult to you. It's an insult to the statement. A statement is not a person. I'm not allowed to insult you because forum rules (not that I'd want to anyway!).
Last edited by Noodle Link on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

User avatar
charlie
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
NNID: charliemeon
3DS Friend Code: 4296 3111 4033
Steam ID: charliemeon
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by charlie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:34 pm

kerr9000 wrote:If you abort a baby you kill one person basically in most cases because your selfish....
is this real life

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:36 pm

charlie wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:If you abort a baby you kill one person basically in most cases because your selfish....
is this real life
Unfortunately.
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

User avatar
SupaWaluigi
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:52 am
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Come on guys, let's keep this thread a little bit more light-hearted. It is Doctor Who after all...
Image

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:44 pm

If someone says something ridiculous about a concept as heavy as abortion, you better believe I'm gonna respond to them. It'd be unjust not to.

Anyway, Doctor Who has dealt with some pretty heavy themes over the years. Vincent and the Doctor (the best episode of the revived series IMO) deals with depression, for example.
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

kerr9000
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:48 pm

You could just agree to disagree I never made it personal and started insulting you calling you dumb for your beliefs, if you just accepted different people take different meanings from what they watch we never would have got here in the first place. One man's deep sci fi show is another man's fun Saturday thing he watches with his kid.

I am more than happy to drop it and admit we are never going to agree and go back to talking about Doctor who

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Stop putting words in my mouth, then I'll drop it. You said abortion is selfish. That's a hell of lot weightier than calling the act of saying something as dumb as that dumb (because it is dumb). I never said YOU are dumb. Just think about what you're saying before you say it, please. It's got gooseberry fool all to do with a family sci-fi show.
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

User avatar
lemmi
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by lemmi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:51 pm

I love Doctor Who! :^)

User avatar
SupaWaluigi
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:52 am
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Here we go, Lemmi, me and you, let's get this Doctor Who thread back on track:

I love Doctor Who too :D

(Except some of the recent ones)
Image

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

User avatar
SanTheSly
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:08 pm
NNID: SanTheSly
3DS Friend Code: 0430-8264-1513
PSN ID: SanTheSly
Steam ID: SanTheSly

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by SanTheSly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:54 pm

I still can't believe people liked The Caretaker
Image
Remember Reach / THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE / Turn Down For What?

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:55 pm

It made me like Clara. I didn't think that was possible.
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

User avatar
charlie
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
NNID: charliemeon
3DS Friend Code: 4296 3111 4033
Steam ID: charliemeon
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by charlie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:59 pm

had the complete opposite effect for me

now i gooseberry fool hate her

User avatar
Noodle Link
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Okay, but we can at least agree it made her less of an empty shell/living plot-device, right?
Image
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

User avatar
Teair
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by Teair » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:01 pm

I didn't mind Clara in the last episode, mainly because I was comparing her to the shambles that is Danny Pink.

It was "Listen" that made me despise her character, that episode was awful :(
I'm a little Teair-pot short and stout
TheHarrisonKaye: His name is Teair, his avatar's hair is fair
Image

User avatar
charlie
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
NNID: charliemeon
3DS Friend Code: 4296 3111 4033
Steam ID: charliemeon
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Post by charlie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Noodle Link wrote:Okay, but we can at least agree it made her less of an empty shell/living plot-device, right?
oh yeah certainly

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests