Broadchurch

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Broadchurch

Post by D.J » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:56 pm

I assume i'm not the only one here who saw the first episode of series 2 last night.

So then, what did you make of it? I was genuinely surprised when...
...Joe pleaded not guilty, he's clearly only doing it as a means of trying to escape jail on some sort of technicality. But still, taking the case to trial will certainly be an interesting route for the story to take, and i can't wait to see how things pan out.
ImageImage

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Re: Broadchurch

Post by Casplen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:59 pm

I totally expected that, otherwise there wouldn't really be a story.

Not entirely sure it can reach the heights of last series- in fact, I thought it was fairly neatly resolved before and now we're in unnecessary territory. My worry is that it hasn't quite got a comparatively strong or compelling enigma to carry things forward as it did before, but we'll see how things go.

K2.

Post by K2. » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:02 pm

I've recently been tempted to watch the first season, mostly due to the fact one of my favourite actors stars in it, and this seemed as good a place as any to ask, is it worth watching? And if so is it worth purchasing the season one box set, or finding it on netflix (which I don't currently have) or youtube or something?

Highlight

Post by Highlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:53 pm

If it were me, I'd have the whole of this series playing out the drama of the courtroom, only for him to be found not guilty in the last episode. After he triumphantly walks free, he takes a walk on the beach only to be killed by a mystery assailant. This then sets up series 3, where they try and find out who killed him. I mean surely the whole town would want him dead - right?
ImageImage
Dig Dug wrote:Highlight nailed that.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:43 am

K2. wrote:I've recently been tempted to watch the first season, mostly due to the fact one of my favourite actors stars in it, and this seemed as good a place as any to ask, is it worth watching? And if so is it worth purchasing the season one box set, or finding it on netflix (which I don't currently have) or youtube or something?
Get it on disc, it is an incredibly classy drama that is well worth seeing.

That said though, as you've not seen season 1, you need to avoid as many spoilers as possible (with the arrival of series 2, they'll be everywhere), as part of the whole appeal was the fact that it was a whodunnit.
ImageImage

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:44 am

Broardchurch is vry good. Still not convinced a second series was necessary but I'll be watching anyway. A 'Previously on Broardchurch' bit might have been useful since I hardly remember anything from S1 in terms of who knows what about who.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 pm

The first series was a fantastic bit of drama, and like others I still think another series is unnecessary. But I'll watch it to see how the story goes.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:51 am

D.J wrote:
K2. wrote:I've recently been tempted to watch the first season, mostly due to the fact one of my favourite actors stars in it, and this seemed as good a place as any to ask, is it worth watching? And if so is it worth purchasing the season one box set, or finding it on netflix (which I don't currently have) or youtube or something?
Get it on disc, it is an incredibly classy drama that is well worth seeing.

That said though, as you've not seen season 1, you need to avoid as many spoilers as possible (with the arrival of series 2, they'll be everywhere), as part of the whole appeal was the fact that it was a whodunnit.
A highly advised watch.

That being said, I've only literally got round to watching Series 1 this week, I missed out the first time around for goodness knows whatever reason and my wife invited me along for the ride of Series 2. Big Mistake. Well, sort of. I really freaking enjoyed the 1st episode, and you don't necessarily have to have seen Series 1 beforehand... but it would bloody well help given the context of every character and their individual relationships - I worked them all out eventually, but good god did it make me really want to watch Series 1 so I'd understand more.

So now I am. Unfortunately knowing know the frickin' killer is takes away the mystery aspect... but you know what? This drama still really has a strong bloody pair of legs (not to mention every Doctor Who/Torchwood actor under the sun) so I'm not surprised it's done as well as it has. Every story behind each character just gets richer episode by episode, I was practically in tears by the end of episode 5 after you know who did you know what. o_o,