Better Call Saul

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Robbie

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Robbie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Don't think any big deaths are going to happen in the series for a long time, I highly doubt Kim will die especially within this season I think she'll just fall out with Jimmy.

The best thing about Better Call Saul I think is waiting for the next big event like Gus turning up or Hector's incident, it keeps me pretty hyped. We're still like six years off Saul meeting Walter which is where I think it will end so there are probably going to be around about the same amount of seasons as BB so yay.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:46 pm

I'm sure they originally said they were only doing two seasons so was surprised it got renewed for a third. And no it really shouldn't end up being as long as BB, would turn into such a drag.

Unless they go more into Saul's life after BB again, that could be interesting.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:16 pm

I thought this was the final season

It is excellent so far though so I can't complain if it keeps the level

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 am

Edd wrote:I'm sure they originally said they were only doing two seasons so was surprised it got renewed for a third. And no it really shouldn't end up being as long as BB, would turn into such a drag.

Unless they go more into Saul's life after BB again, that could be interesting.
Nah, what happened was (and it unusual) AMC picked the show up for 2 Seasons from the beginning with the opportunity for further seasons should it do well. I guess that was to allow creative construction over 2 series should the audience not take to it the creators can wrap up the show unforcefully.

I still think there is quite a bit of milage to it, but I certainly wouldn't be against a time-skip eventually. It would make a nice coda to Breaking Bad after all.

The False Guwuh
3DS Friend Code: 112           

Post by The False Guwuh » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:12 pm

i really liked that finale but it was a bit annoying that mike cant shoot hector because it ruins breaking bad, i think they should stop putting so many BrBa characters into his storyline
People who get offended should be offended

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 am

Man, gotta say... what an bleedin' a**hole Chuck is!
The False Guwuh wrote:i really liked that finale but it was a bit annoying that mike cant shoot hector because it ruins breaking bad, i think they should stop putting so many BrBa characters into his storyline
Agreed, on one hand it was tense but ultimately you know it can't happen.

I guess the idea is that this drama and feud is designed to explain how Mike develops a distaste for Hector (via Tuco) which will ultimately lead him towards becoming Gus's personal hitman - which as fans have since figured out via a cryptic clue in this season's series of episode titles, that it was Gus that left the note for him at the end of the final episode - the creators have since confirmed that this is signalling his appearance in the next series.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Surely he could have shot him and that's what puts him the wheelchair? I was half expecting him to miss the killshot and hit him in the spine

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:45 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:Surely he could have shot him and that's what puts him the wheelchair? I was half expecting him to miss the killshot and hit him in the spine
Also expected that to happen, especially since they had been talking about adjusting the sights or whatever earlier on to avoid a near miss.

Thought Season 2 was overall better than the first and finale was fine even though it was obvious what Chuck was doing at the end. Get the feeling the series is going to be much better viewed after it's all done and every episode is out rather than having to wait almost a year to pick up right where we left off.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

DekuHero
NNID: Deathbringer2206
PSN ID: Deathbringer2206
Xbox Gamertag: Ghostface2206
Steam ID: Deathbringer2206

Post by DekuHero » Fri May 05, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm surprised no one has said anything in this thread since the 3rd season has been going for a few weeks now. Anyway S3 is not as good as S2 so far but we'll see how it goes, it mostly seems to be settling down again like it was in S1 but we also have some pretty good fanservice like Gus and Don Eladio showing up and I'm hoping something good happens soon with them. Mike's story especially feels like nothing's really happening with him so far this season but at least you can sort of see they've got some good potential things that can happen from here to the how it ends up in BB.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed May 17, 2017 8:48 am

I'm loving this season. The end of the episode before last where Jimmy goads Chuck into a breakdown in court was absolutely fantastic. Nothing could be more cathartic.

DekuHero
NNID: Deathbringer2206
PSN ID: Deathbringer2206
Xbox Gamertag: Ghostface2206
Steam ID: Deathbringer2206

Post by DekuHero » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Oh my god that last episode, everything in that episode just holy eton mess.
This season took a bit to get going but the second half was very good, I need to know what happens in the next season now, but it also definitely feels like next season will be the last and that's for the best of course.
"I never cared for you to begin with" is this show's equivalent of "I watched Jane die"

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 am

DekuHero wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:22 pm
"I never cared for you to begin with"
It was absolutely crushingly brutal

Great finale