Game of Thrones

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by PiGreat » Mon May 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Blaxel411 wrote:
PiGreat wrote:Honestly that episode was a lot better than I expected it to be. Even the Tower of Joy was decent, Ser Dual of House Wield notwithstanding.

Also, that wolf head was FAR too small to be Shaggydog. Northern Conspiracy hype
You think? what's your evidence?
This is the head of Grey Wind, shown after the Red Wedding. It's worth noting that Shaggydog is, at this point, considerably older than Grey Wind. It's also worth noting that Shaggydog was the largest of the litter anyway. The head is a fake. This is the show's version of the Arya switcheroo from the books.

At least, I gooseberry fool' hope it is.
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:35 pm

It is a possibility, but I've learnt not to hope with this show
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

Ruari

Post by Ruari » Mon May 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Last edited by Ruari on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elitist Pokeforum Scum
Hoyle: You aren’t particularly good at anything you do, but, bless you, you try.

PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Mon May 09, 2016 8:09 pm

Blaxel411 wrote:It is a possibility, but I've learnt not to hope with this show
Yeah, the show seems to have eschewed the books' logical conclusions to things based on characters and their schemes in favour of "bad guys win lol"
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Mon May 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Well, that ending. Not completely surprised that they went with that but it still shocked me nonetheless. The series is really picking up the pace now.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Good episode on the whole, shame they missed out some (well most) of the dialogue at the Tower of Joy, really hope they have switched the Manderly's for the Umbers in the show. Ending was pretty good, pleased to see Olly getting it.

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Wed May 11, 2016 11:39 am

Olly is a little fuccboi but at least he's not a complete wettie like tommen
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Wed May 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Wonder who'll take over the Night's Watch now, as much as I love Dolourous Edd I can't see him as the leader. Wonder if Davos will step up to the mark, or maybe even Brienne when she gets there. Speaking of which, I wonder how her and Melisandre meeting will go, can see it ending badly.
Also lol dual wield guy RIP in peace you big old showboater
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Wed May 11, 2016 12:59 pm

He weren't supposed to dual wield and probably shouldn't have been able to dual wield two cross hilted double edge long swords like that.
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Rik

Post by Rik » Wed May 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Yes but what is logic

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Wed May 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Tbh 6 seasons has taught us its never safe to allow anyone with a weapon with in a foot of yourself if you want to stay safe
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Thu May 12, 2016 9:54 am

That's pretty sound logic even without the GoT background.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Rik

Post by Rik » Thu May 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Just realised the scene with Qyburn and the children might mean we get a revamped version of "for the children" seeing as Kevan is still hanging around, just with different motives to when Varys orchestrates it in the books, I could see Cersei getting bread and buttered off at him being uncooperative and setting Qyburn to murder him. Although more likely it's just setting up him being told something interesting by them.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Rik wrote:Just realised the scene with Qyburn and the children might mean we get a revamped version of "for the children" seeing as Kevan is still hanging around, just with different motives to when Varys orchestrates it in the books, I could see Cersei getting bread and buttered off at him being uncooperative and setting Qyburn to murder him. Although more likely it's just setting up him being told something interesting by them.
I thought along the same lines as well, doesn't Pycelle meet his fate at the same time in ADWD?

Rik

Post by Rik » Thu May 12, 2016 5:59 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Rik wrote:Just realised the scene with Qyburn and the children might mean we get a revamped version of "for the children" seeing as Kevan is still hanging around, just with different motives to when Varys orchestrates it in the books, I could see Cersei getting bread and buttered off at him being uncooperative and setting Qyburn to murder him. Although more likely it's just setting up him being told something interesting by them.
I thought along the same lines as well, doesn't Pycelle meet his fate at the same time in ADWD?
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that. I'd wager the show will lump either Mace or Olenna Tyrell in there as well, more likely Olenna since she's actually competent (although I really hope not, she's too sassy to die).

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Rik wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that. I'd wager the show will lump either Mace or Olenna Tyrell in there as well, more likely Olenna since she's actually competent (although I really hope not, she's too sassy to die).
I get the feeling (if they do add another character, it'll be Mace over Olenna, not sure why but I don't see them killing Olenna off at the moment.

Ruari

Post by Ruari » Wed May 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Last edited by Ruari on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elitist Pokeforum Scum
Hoyle: You aren’t particularly good at anything you do, but, bless you, you try.

PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Wed May 18, 2016 3:51 pm

friendly reminder that the ending of that episode was garbage and should never have happened
Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?
George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.
Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?
George_RR_Martin: Probably not.
good episode other than that. hopefully d&d will stop wanking over Ramsay Sue soon and show us all how a real villain gets eton mess done (Euron)

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Wed May 18, 2016 5:25 pm

PiGreat wrote:friendly reminder that the ending of that episode was garbage and should never have happened
Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?
George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.
Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?
George_RR_Martin: Probably not.
There's also records of several Targs dying in a fire at Summerhall as well as a Targaryen dying after drinking wildfire which is mentioned in the books. But hey, look at how empowered Dany is now, isn't that great. Look at all the empowered female characters we have.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Wed May 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Really? From some vague "Probably not" from 17 years ago?
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Ruari

Post by Ruari » Wed May 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Last edited by Ruari on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elitist Pokeforum Scum

Koopa man
3DS Friend Code: 5257-9532-1851

Post by Koopa man » Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Wasn't Daenerys also shown to be immune to fire at the end of A Dance with Dragons? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Either way, Dany being magically immune to fire permanently makes no less sense than being magically immune to fire that one time.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:56 am

Dany has been shown to be immune to fire/heat beforehand anyway (obviously fire at the end of series one, the bath which was according to person very hot at the start of series one, her touching the dragon eggs after she has heated them up if I remember correctly) so it wasn't that much of a shock to see her immune to fire/heat again.

PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Mon May 23, 2016 3:21 am

BOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Mon May 23, 2016 8:04 am

I do give the show a lot of stick but god damn they nailed that scene. Though it is kind of sad that grrm has obviously had such a fantastic idea planned from the start but just didn't quite get to be the one to announce it.