Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
User avatar
beansontoast
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by beansontoast » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 am

cant climb out if you didn't jump in, lol

should I start reading it now

User avatar
Decretum
Posts: 3910
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Decretum » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Kizu part 3 was neato
Image
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

User avatar
jimbob555
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by jimbob555 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:52 am

ITS OVER

ITS FINALLY OVER

FAIRY TAIL IS OVER


now for the countless spin offs, animation, movie, games and other things to follow it but

ITS DEAD
Image

User avatar
jimbob555
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: annamay && manga - NNONM+OONM

Post by jimbob555 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:01 am

jimbob555 wrote:Just finished watching Fairy Tail x Rave and I have to say, I was blown away! Hiro Mashima has once again proven himself to be a master at storytelling. Seamlessly intertwining both the universes of the two different series. I'll give you a short summary of my thoughts here but i'll try not to spoil too much from this fantastic piece of art/film.

At the start we are both introduced to our characters meeting each other. With the two male protagonists meeting each other along with the two females. Both females remark on how the only difference between the males is that they have different colour hair while we are treated to close up shots of their breasts and cleavage. Now most would point out the two things would be to the detriment of the series. Some would point out how Hiro has basically just copied and pasted every single character design from Rave Master into Fairy Tail with a different hair colour. But this is just not true! Each character in fairy tail is solely unique.

Here are some comparisons:

Image Image

Image Image

Image


And in regards to the close up to the females breasts. It's completely tasteful! All women want to show them off! :P

Later on the characters have a fight from a mistaken identity! Whoops! xD While we see more shots of the females breasts. We are also introduced to more cross character meet ups along the way.

When both characters finally find the real big bad of the episode the fighting is incredible! During the battle theres a HILARIOUS moment where Lucy is shot with a beam that removes her underwear! Seriously who teaches Hiro this kind of comedy heights? Because I would of never thought of any of this lol.

Overall I give this episode 8.6/10. I would of given it a higher rating if the episode was a bit longer and we got to see more of the cute girls in both series. Heheheeheheehe. Oh well. Until next time. Sigh.
Image

User avatar
Met
Posts: 4113
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Met » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Goodnight sweet prince.
Image
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

User avatar
JenovaPX
Posts: 6401
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 pm
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Taken from us too early like the Bleaches and the Naruto
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

User avatar
jimbob555
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by jimbob555 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:57 pm

the ending of fairy tail geninuly ends with one of the characters getting an award for a book they wrote based on the adventures of fairy tail

you cant make this eton mess up
Image

User avatar
beansontoast
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by beansontoast » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Image

lots of best girl again this weeks new game!!

hope we see more nene's quest soon though

User avatar
Scapegoat
Posts: 3138
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:29 pm
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:41 pm

so in owari 2 araragi licks hachikuji's back of her knee and it really made me happy I approve of this development tbh we need more stuff like this for people like me who are a gooseberry fool weird.
Image

NAS
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by NAS » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 pm

Just binged the amazing Samurai Champloo, and will move on to Cowboy Bepop as I've been advised it's pretty similar.

User avatar
Fubz
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Fubz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am

I remember watching Samurai Champloo English Dub on Youtube.com
the best way to watch my japanese animes

I made one of these myanimelist things after a long time https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Fubz? ... 4&order2=0 I hope I didn't forget anything I watched (I literally just remembered one right now lol)
Image
when a lion sees a sleeping antelope they eat it

DekuHero
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:41 pm
NNID: Deathbringer2206
PSN ID: Deathbringer2206
Xbox Gamertag: Ghostface2206
Steam ID: Deathbringer2206

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by DekuHero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Just saw Your Name for the first time but I noticed a plot hole that really had me scratching my head for most of it
When they were in each other's bodies how did neither of them realise they were in different years?
They were leaving each other messages through their diaries on their phones but didn't see the year somehow? They were having conversations with their friends but never noticed that others didn't know about events that hadn't happened yet and vice versa? I'm also surprised it took them so long to think to call each other and they never asked where the other lived so he could look it up and see what happened? I've seen people on Reddit defend this as them being in a dreamlike state which I understand but they were still sending each other messages and doing more elaborate things like setting up dates.

Early on in the film I thought she must have been in an earlier year compared to him in fact I thought she was in the 90s at first and the grown up version of her from the opening was the "present" version but i convinced myself this can't have been the case simply because neither of them brought it up (plus they were both using iPhones) so I was confused when it turned out to in fact be the case
Anyway it didn't ruin the film or anything I thought it was a great film but I couldn't stop thinking about this

Also during that scene where they're standing in the same spot but can't see each other I leant over to my friend and said "No Man's Sky multiplayer" and I'm proud of that joke.

EDIT -- Okay I've sorta come around on the plot hole because their dreamlike state must have meant they missed important details and since they're young maybe they only care about superficial things, or maybe the supernatural force causing it in the first place was preventing them from working it out. Also films by Miyazaki and Shinkai are like modern fairytales so this sort of thing can be overlooked, great film regardless, art and animation was stunning as well.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Posts: 5903
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon
Contact:

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am

http://www.clickhole.com/article/everyt ... all-z-6466

Thought this might be appreciated, I was a big DBZ fan as a kid and even I didn't know some of this

Chocolate-Milk
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:27 pm
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:00 pm

DekuHero wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 pm
Just saw Your Name for the first time but I noticed a plot hole that really had me scratching my head for most of it
When they were in each other's bodies how did neither of them realise they were in different years?
They were leaving each other messages through their diaries on their phones but didn't see the year somehow? They were having conversations with their friends but never noticed that others didn't know about events that hadn't happened yet and vice versa? I'm also surprised it took them so long to think to call each other and they never asked where the other lived so he could look it up and see what happened? I've seen people on Reddit defend this as them being in a dreamlike state which I understand but they were still sending each other messages and doing more elaborate things like setting up dates.

Early on in the film I thought she must have been in an earlier year compared to him in fact I thought she was in the 90s at first and the grown up version of her from the opening was the "present" version but i convinced myself this can't have been the case simply because neither of them brought it up (plus they were both using iPhones) so I was confused when it turned out to in fact be the case
Anyway it didn't ruin the film or anything I thought it was a great film but I couldn't stop thinking about this

Also during that scene where they're standing in the same spot but can't see each other I leant over to my friend and said "No Man's Sky multiplayer" and I'm proud of that joke.

EDIT -- Okay I've sorta come around on the plot hole because their dreamlike state must have meant they missed important details and since they're young maybe they only care about superficial things, or maybe the supernatural force causing it in the first place was preventing them from working it out. Also films by Miyazaki and Shinkai are like modern fairytales so this sort of thing can be overlooked, great film regardless, art and animation was stunning as well.
I wondered about the date too, but then it occurred to me that an iPhone doesn't actually show the year in the date, save for in the calendar app. I suppose the diary app they used could have shown the date, but then it wouldn't have been a twist.

Also why did the entries only disappear after he realised she was in the past.
das a peepo

User avatar
beansontoast
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by beansontoast » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:03 pm

NAS wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 pm
Just binged the amazing Samurai Champloo, and will move on to Cowboy Bepop as I've been advised it's pretty similar.
If you like the premise of companions travelling across old japan with sword fighting and artistic flair, I'd say go for Katanagatiri

Currently half ways with it myself and I'm quite enjoying it

Aepyx
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Aepyx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:50 pm

Can't believe how good yowamushi pedal was tbf

Dbz and hero academia too actually

User avatar
Vtheyoshi
Posts: 3266
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 pm

i watched end of eva again the other day
aaaaaaaa im feeling things again

also while im up to date on the current stuff i decided to watch the older episodes of dragon ball super
oh my gooseberry fool god what did they do
Image

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

User avatar
beansontoast
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by beansontoast » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:27 pm



steampunk spy girl show thats pretty off the radar this season

it works and its actually great

User avatar
emperor ing
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:06 pm
NNID: Onosume
PSN ID: emperor_ing_314
Steam ID: emperor_ing

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by emperor ing » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 pm

beansontoast wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:27 pm


steampunk spy girl show thats pretty off the radar this season

it works and its actually great
Princess Principal is one of my hot picks for the season. Been loving it. Great music too, picked up the OP single when I was in Japan and it's one of my most played tracks recently.

Also while I'm here I shall recommend everyone go watch Aikatsu Stars. Aikatsu in general is an idol franchise aimed more at kids, but of course being idols it has a sizable adult fanbase, although it sadly isn't as popular as its rival PriPara (which I'd also recommend) but Aikatsu has the better cast in my view - the PriPara characters are really annoying. Stars is the 2016 soft reboot and currently stands at 72 episodes & 1 movie, and I'd recommend watching that before going back and jumping into the original series (178 eps, 2 movies, 1 OVA). The performance sequences are done in CGI similar to Love Live, and they can be pretty stunning (it's come a long way from season 1 which was really janky). Great music too - the idols behind it have become my favourite group. Seen them live this year and going back to Japan next year to see them again.


User avatar
beansontoast
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by beansontoast » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

sakura quest ended with a very satisfying finale

glad i started watching on a whim, great leads and very feel good from start to finish. Not quite shirobako but still very good. Wednesdays wont be the same

User avatar
jimbob555
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by jimbob555 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 am

lack of posts means a slow anime month but then neo yokio came out and changed my life
Image

User avatar
Shio hime
Posts: 2003
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 am

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by Shio hime » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:39 pm

AOTS
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

User avatar
beansontoast
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by beansontoast » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 pm

volume warning
Image

toffeeman30
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:11 am

Re: Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Post by toffeeman30 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 pm

my local hmv has a lovely new release wall on show. this week dragon ball z and digimon adventure tri are the new titles. also in this corner of the world and transformers last knight are the 2 for 25 offer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests