Muse - Drones

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
User avatar
Quarg Ranger
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:38 pm
NNID: I wonder if
3DS Friend Code: writing in the
PSN ID: profile fields is
Xbox Gamertag: restricted?
Steam ID: Apparently not...

Muse - Drones

Post by Quarg Ranger » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Release of the first track from the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLRqzT ... e=youtu.be

I, being a pretty big Muse fan, am actually very excited by the sound (tone of the lyrics will take some getting used to maybe :p). It seems like they're turning back to their roots a bit, but the complexity from their last couple of albums is definitely still lurking in the background there (particularly from about 4:19 - 5:00 minutes to the end).

I am really looking forward to it. Is anyone else?
Image
Wrathy: Water's not just a drink. I mean, you can't have a bath in lemonade, wash the dishes in sprite or flush the toilet with irn bru.
--
Gallery | RedBubble | Never Forget
--
I used to have an original sig, now I'm just a mod.

bort
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 am

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by bort » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:16 pm

the riff reminds me of a kind of kasabian-esque style, and a bit like their stuff from absolution

havent listened to the last album they released but this sounds pretty good, might dip into it when it comes out

User avatar
K2.
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by K2. » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 pm

I saw them, Muse, post a link to the song on their facebook page and I'm not even more upset I'm missing them next week on the road, and slightly more inclined to go to Download to see them (even if I pretty much dislike every other band playing the day they are playing). Psycho was just amazing
Image

User avatar
Yinga Garten
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:48 pm
NNID: YingaGarten
3DS Friend Code: 3351-4527-3033
PSN ID: YingaGarten
Xbox Gamertag: Yinga Garten
Steam ID: yingagarten

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Yinga Garten » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:44 pm

trite lyrics, pedestrian riff, looks like we're set for another muse dud

User avatar
Wrathy
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Wrathy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:43 pm

seeing them tomorrow, in manchester next week and at download

hope the albums good lol

User avatar
Robbie
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Robbie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Pyscho is really, really eton mess tbh lol
Image

User avatar
Rachel
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 pm
Xbox Gamertag: squarepolarbear
Steam ID: squarepolarbear
Contact:

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Rachel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 am

theyre eton mess
LastFM | [url=http://www.-motion.tumblr.com]Tumblr[/url] | Twitter | Letterboxd | Flickr | now tayne i can get into
Image
wL7£we7°Lh1)tL1)

User avatar
Wrathy
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Wrathy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:58 am

oh no, eton mess don't approve, how will we cope

User avatar
Robbie
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Robbie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:00 am

By denying that it's eton mess, but deep down you know the truth
Image

User avatar
Rachel
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 pm
Xbox Gamertag: squarepolarbear
Steam ID: squarepolarbear
Contact:

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Rachel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:02 am

not coping very well if you felt the need to post about it
LastFM | [url=http://www.-motion.tumblr.com]Tumblr[/url] | Twitter | Letterboxd | Flickr | now tayne i can get into
Image
wL7£we7°Lh1)tL1)

User avatar
abx
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 pm
NNID: abraxian
3DS Friend Code: 888888888888
PSN ID: abx_will
Xbox Gamertag: abxwill

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by abx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 am

you can fix Psycho by removing "A gooseberry fool PSYCHO" stupid bit. Then it's actually a good Muse track, remembering that we're talking about 2015's Muse here
Image
Image
high off the second-hand fumes

User avatar
K2.
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by K2. » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:09 am

Clearly all music is subjective, but when a band is filling stadiums like Wembley Stadium and Emirates Stadium, and not just one offs, they played both of those stadiums twice in consecutive days, Emirates as part of a larger UK stadium tour, it suggests there are quite a few people willing to argue that they're not eton mess

As for my own opinion I think Muse are a fantastic band, one of the best to emerge in the past 20 years without a shadow of a doubt.

Also to talk about "2015 Muse" implying Muse have been eton mess since after Absolution or Black Holes and Revelations well the stadium tour I mention was in 2013 on the back of The 2nd Law, so clearly people still like Muse enough to pay I think it was about £55 for a ticket to go see them perform.
Image

User avatar
abx
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 pm
NNID: abraxian
3DS Friend Code: 888888888888
PSN ID: abx_will
Xbox Gamertag: abxwill

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by abx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:25 am

K2. wrote:Also to talk about "2015 Muse" implying Muse have been eton mess since after Absolution or Black Holes and Revelations well the stadium tour I mention was in 2013 on the back of The 2nd Law, so clearly people still like Muse enough to pay I think it was about £55 for a ticket to go see them perform.
bruh i'm a bigger fan than you are i assure you calm down smh

also what the gooseberry fool was your point lmfao yeah people still like them they're a British musical landmark

doesn't mean The Resistance wasn't utter trash though
Image
Image
high off the second-hand fumes

User avatar
Wrathy
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Wrathy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:26 am

K2. wrote:Clearly all music is subjective, but when a band is filling stadiums like Wembley Stadium and Emirates Stadium, and not just one offs, they played both of those stadiums twice in consecutive days, Emirates as part of a larger UK stadium tour, it suggests there are quite a few people willing to argue that they're not eton mess

As for my own opinion I think Muse are a fantastic band, one of the best to emerge in the past 20 years without a shadow of a doubt.

Also to talk about "2015 Muse" implying Muse have been eton mess since after Absolution or Black Holes and Revelations well the stadium tour I mention was in 2013 on the back of The 2nd Law, so clearly people still like Muse enough to pay I think it was about £55 for a ticket to go see them perform.

bands which are objectively eton mess like AC/DC and U2 also fill stadiums, this is a weird argument

User avatar
K2.
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by K2. » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:35 am

Wrathy wrote:
K2. wrote:Clearly all music is subjective, but when a band is filling stadiums like Wembley Stadium and Emirates Stadium, and not just one offs, they played both of those stadiums twice in consecutive days, Emirates as part of a larger UK stadium tour, it suggests there are quite a few people willing to argue that they're not eton mess

As for my own opinion I think Muse are a fantastic band, one of the best to emerge in the past 20 years without a shadow of a doubt.

Also to talk about "2015 Muse" implying Muse have been eton mess since after Absolution or Black Holes and Revelations well the stadium tour I mention was in 2013 on the back of The 2nd Law, so clearly people still like Muse enough to pay I think it was about £55 for a ticket to go see them perform.

bands which are objectively eton mess like AC/DC and U2 also fill stadiums, this is a weird argument
You could also add Justin Bieber in, who has apparently filled stadiums according to my friend, same with One Direction, yet likely the majority of people in those crowds would say they like and/or love those artists/bands. Music is completely subjective, I agree AC/DC and U2 are eton mess, AC/DC in fairness have a couple of good songs, yet both quite easily fill stadiums. My point was Muse played to Wembley Stadium twice, the first band I believe to ever play new Wembley, on the back of three albums, and 2 albums later they are performing stadium tours after two of their more panned albums. There are clearly no shortage of people who'd argue Muse aren't eton mess, just as I'm sure people would argue AC/DC, U2 and One Direction aren't.

As for the resistance I personally enjoyed the album, worse muse album yeah I'd agree, but not bad, and I think the one two of uprising and resistance as the opening two tracks works really well I think

edit: just to add on this feels a very upwards battle for me, and I am just digging the hole deeper, however my point was even after two albums which I have seen a lot of criticism and hate for there are clearly still tens of thousands of fans in the UK alone who'd say Muse aren't eton mess, which was essentially Rachel's only remark/contribution, to say that they are eton mess. Is it a valid opinion? Clearly yes, as I've been saying completely subjective, however a remark which seems unneeded and uncalled for, and offers no explanation as to why, and seems to offer it more as fact than opinion
Last edited by K2. on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
WithLoveAndSqualor
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:30 am
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:38 am

it's 2015 and muse have a thread on SONM

is it 10 years ago

are you back OONM

muse have one good song and they're not the music visionaries flying the flag for britain that everyone loves to think they are

don't @ me
UNTOUCHABLE
Image
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

User avatar
Robbie
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Robbie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 am

K2. wrote:
Wrathy wrote:
K2. wrote:Clearly all music is subjective, but when a band is filling stadiums like Wembley Stadium and Emirates Stadium, and not just one offs, they played both of those stadiums twice in consecutive days, Emirates as part of a larger UK stadium tour, it suggests there are quite a few people willing to argue that they're not eton mess

As for my own opinion I think Muse are a fantastic band, one of the best to emerge in the past 20 years without a shadow of a doubt.

Also to talk about "2015 Muse" implying Muse have been eton mess since after Absolution or Black Holes and Revelations well the stadium tour I mention was in 2013 on the back of The 2nd Law, so clearly people still like Muse enough to pay I think it was about £55 for a ticket to go see them perform.

bands which are objectively eton mess like AC/DC and U2 also fill stadiums, this is a weird argument
You could also add Justin Bieber in, who has apparently filled stadiums according to my friend, same with One Direction, yet likely the majority of people in those crowds would say they like and/or love those artists/bands. Music is completely subjective, I agree AC/DC and U2 are eton mess, AC/DC in fairness have a couple of good songs, yet both quite easily fill stadiums. My point was Muse played to Wembley Stadium twice, the first band I believe to ever play new Wembley, on the back of three albums, and 2 albums later they are performing stadium tours after two of their more panned albums. There are clearly no shortage of people who'd argue Muse aren't eton mess, just as I'm sure people would argue AC/DC, U2 and One Direction aren't.

As for the resistance I personally enjoyed the album, worse muse album yeah I'd agree, but not bad, and I think the one two of uprising and resistance as the opening two tracks works really well I think

edit: just to add on this feels a very upwards battle for me, and I am just digging the hole deeper, however my point was even after two albums which I have seen a lot of criticism and hate for there are clearly still tens of thousands of fans in the UK alone who'd say Muse aren't eton mess, which was essentially Rachel's only remark/contribution, to say that they are eton mess. Is it a valid opinion? Clearly yes, as I've been saying completely subjective, however a remark which seems unneeded and uncalled for, and offers no explanation as to why, and seems to offer it more as fact than opinion
We don't need overly detailed responses all the gooseberry fool time man
Image

User avatar
slorp
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by slorp » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:53 am

I really didn't like it, but if you liked it then that's nice.
Image

User avatar
LFF
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by LFF » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Wrathy wrote:Bands which are objectively eton mess like AC/DC and U2 also fill stadiums, this is a weird argument

If you seriously believe you can call music "objectively bad" then you have a really poor perspective.
I used to be part of the community, now I just watch it...

User avatar
Crisps
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:49 pm
NNID: Crisps

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Crisps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:35 pm

U2 aren't even eton mess lads have we forgotten Achtung Baby

muse are blander than me nan's casserole tho
Image
you're a virgin who can't drive.

User avatar
Robbie
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Robbie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:44 pm

I like U2, because of Bono's glasses.
Image

User avatar
Wrathy
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Wrathy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:28 pm

LFF wrote:
Wrathy wrote:Bands which are objectively eton mess like AC/DC and U2 also fill stadiums, this is a weird argument

If you seriously believe you can call music "objectively bad" then you have a really poor perspective.
I can't believe I've been posting on these forums or their relatives for like 10 years and people still don't get my sense of humour

User avatar
Scapegoat
Posts: 3144
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:29 pm
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:49 pm

I only like a couple of old Muse songs such as Plug in Baby and Knights of Cydonia.

Not a fan of their newer stuff, everything since Uprising hasn't been to my taste.
Image

User avatar
abx
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 pm
NNID: abraxian
3DS Friend Code: 888888888888
PSN ID: abx_will
Xbox Gamertag: abxwill

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by abx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Scapegoat wrote:I only like a couple of old Muse songs such as [...] Knights of Cydonia.
:mrgreen:
Image
Image
high off the second-hand fumes

User avatar
JacquesLEB
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Re: Muse - Drones

Post by JacquesLEB » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:38 pm

I used to be a huge fan of Muse (still listen to the first four albums currently), but honestly the past two albums have been a complete mess (especially the 2nd law wtf was that about?) and this one continues that trend. The riff is alright, it's a bit of a clichéd rock riff, but god the lyrics are absolute tripe, I don't know what happened to the Origin of Symmetry/Absolution days but I miss them.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests