Worst. Episodes. Ever.

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Worst. Episodes. Ever.

Post by D.J » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:32 am

I'm currently watching my Simpsons Season 11 boxset, and it got me thinking, what are the worst Simpsons episodes that you have ever seen?

I can only comment on those i've seen so far, but anyhow, here's the worst i've seen to date...

When you dish upon a star (Season 10)

An awful episode which focuses on a couple of tedious celebs, boring and pointless.

El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer) (Season 8)

I still have no idea what the writers were thinking when they came up with this, it's like one of those horrid dreams you get when suffering from a fever.

All Singing all dancing (Season 9)

The first simpsons clip show was fun, the second was alright too, but this one (which focused on musical numbers) was just dull and lazy.

Anyhow, feel free to add your own stinkers.
ImageImage

Mr. EE

Re: Worst. Episodes. Ever.

Post by Mr. EE » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:01 am

I don't know the name of it, but I hate the one where Lisa tries to turn Willie into a gentleman. It's not funny, it's not interesting, and the songs are all horrible.

Though I dislike most of the musical episodes, to be honest.
Edd ~ EE is a cool guy.

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:02 am

I hate them kind of episodes too, I hated the episode when Lisa became school president, that was awful.

Troggy

Post by Troggy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Moe Goes from Rags to Riches
and
Lisa Goes Gaga

BLECH.
I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Crisps
NNID: Crisps

Post by Crisps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:40 pm

I still have no idea what the writers were thinking when they came up with this, it's like one of those horrid dreams you get when suffering from a fever.
that is exactly what they were thinking tbh did you not get the episode

real talk you cannot beat Classic Simpsons but as soon as you get into Zombie Simpsons territory it's all garbage
you're a virgin who can't drive.

Rachel
Xbox Gamertag: squarepolarbear
Steam ID: squarepolarbear

Post by Rachel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:54 pm

i hate all the episodes that are just simpsons character's acting out fairy tales or historical stories or the lives of other people (like the bart mozart one)

and i also do not like all singing all dancing, skip that every time im going through my boxsets

i also don't really like any of the treehouse of horrors sorry bout it

anything after about season 10 isn't really worthwhile everyone knows that though
LastFM | [url=http://www.-motion.tumblr.com]Tumblr[/url] | Twitter | Letterboxd | Flickr | now tayne i can get into
wL7£we7°Lh1)tL1)

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Yeah, I forget what season it was but anything post it just went downhill so fast. I've seen a few of the past couple of year's seasons and they were horrendously bad so I'm fine living in the past with Simpsons.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Rachel wrote:i also don't really like any of the treehouse of horrors sorry bout it
The only Treehouse of Horror story I really enjoyed was Bart's Twin, that was great

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:12 pm

The musical ones are cheap and pointless. I do not like them.

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 pm

I saw an ep where Bart has a mental breakdown and tries to kill himself after the entire town treats him like eton mess for losing a baseball game

i couldn't make this up

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:46 pm

All of the episodes bar a few that focus on Lisa.

She is by far the worst and most annoying character.

An example of one of the few episodes that focus on Lisa is the one where Homer becomes a referee for Lisa's soccer team. Then again, that episode kinda focused on both of them.

Oh, and that one with Michael Jackson was awful.
Bleh.

Funnily enough, I liked Moe's Rags to Riches.

As for some of my favourites, there really is too many to count, but off the top of my head, "Trilogy of Error", "The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer", and the mini episode "Homer3", part of "Treehouse of Horror VI" are all top tier in my book.

Sabrofra
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Troggy wrote: Image
Lisa Goes Gaga

BLECH.
Easily this episode. I never liked it the first time I watched it and it is shown on Sky 1 far too often.

Mephisto
3DS Friend Code: 1177-7344-0983
Steam ID: mr_bananas

Post by Mephisto » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:07 pm

D.J wrote: El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer) (Season 8)

Nah, that's an amazing episode, one of the best.

The episode that made me give up was the one where Bart becomes a jockey, closely followed by that boy band one, think that's around season 11 or 12, not sure. However in terms of worst episodes, i caught the one where Homer's in a grunge band in the 90s, that was disgusting, as is any Lisa episode nowadays it seems.

adamguy

Post by adamguy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:40 am

Mephisto wrote: closely followed by that boy band one.
yvan eht nioj tho

“you taste so delicious girl” he says and I simply melt - kerr9000

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 am

For what it's worth, I don't think the new episodes are that bad.

I've only watched a few bits of the older seasons, but that just means that I don't try to compare the new episodes to the old ones. Most of the new episodes I've seen recently are still thoroughly enjoyable in my opinion.

Stop trying to compare new episodes to old ones. Just appreciate them for what they are.
Thank you.

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:26 pm

the one where willie becomes a gentleman is quite dull, also the one written by ricky gervais. it's okay but never found it overly entertaining
EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:03 pm

row101 wrote:Stop trying to compare new episodes to old ones. Just appreciate them for what they are.
Why? What's wrong with people comparing one of the most influential and long running tv shows' prime to where it is now?
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

andymck

Post by andymck » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:33 pm

The Principal and the Pauper is basically where the show starts going to eton mess, why take a well established recurring character like Principal Skinner and completely throw his background out the window? It makes the character feel so much less meaningful. It was an experiment/attempt at some sort of meta-humour which just didn't work.

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:16 pm

JenovaPX wrote:
row101 wrote:Stop trying to compare new episodes to old ones. Just appreciate them for what they are.
Why? What's wrong with people comparing one of the most influential and long running tv shows' prime to where it is now?
Nothing at all. What I don't like is people saying that the new episodes are objectively bad and should be banished to hell. They're not bad at all. They might not be as good as the earlier seasons, but they're still solid pieces of television in their own right. People sometimes act like that's not the case.

As I said, watching the new episodes without having a high bar set by the older ones makes them much more enjoyable.
Thank you.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D

Post by Pineapple » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:39 am

But it's hard not to have those expectations set in your mind, it's not something people do on purpose or can help.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 am

D.J wrote:
El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer) (Season 8)
closed the thread here, then re-opened to tell you your taste is bad
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

Crisps
NNID: Crisps

Post by Crisps » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:58 pm

row101 wrote:
JenovaPX wrote:
Nothing at all. What I don't like is people saying that the new episodes are objectively bad and should be banished to hell. They're not bad at all. They might not be as good as the earlier seasons, but they're still solid pieces of television in their own right. People sometimes act like that's not the case.

As I said, watching the new episodes without having a high bar set by the older ones makes them much more enjoyable.
nah they're genuine eton mess, characters are just mouthpieces for exposition, proper grim
you're a virgin who can't drive.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 am

komodo joe wrote:
D.J wrote:
closed the thread here, then re-opened to tell you your taste is bad
Rude.
ImageImage

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:30 am

El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer is gooseberry fool amazing though.

I'll second principal and the pauper, that episode was the sign of the end times.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D

Post by Pineapple » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:50 pm

Have to agree that El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer was a great episode; in fact I only ever see praise for it.