The Obligatory Eurovision Thread

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Re: The Obligatory Eurovision Thread

Post by pokemaniac212 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:14 pm

D.J wrote:
pokemaniac212 wrote:We did do something like that for a few years. It came up with Scooch.
It might have worked had the contestants been half decent to begin with though.
True, there were some pretty awful contestants that year. I think Jordan came 2nd.

On the whole I'm not sure what the best route forward is. In my opinion the best two acts we've had this millenium were Jade Ewen, who came through a public vote competition, and Blue, who didn't. Not overly useful for deciding which is the better strategy really (and I am aware Jade did better than Blue, although I felt Blue were particularly unlucky).

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Mon May 25, 2015 6:52 am

Blue had quite a good song, but it was the quality of their live performance that was generally lacking.
ImageImage

Rachel
Xbox Gamertag: squarepolarbear
Steam ID: squarepolarbear

Post by Rachel » Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Sabrofra wrote:How the hell did Belgium come 4th? Their song was awful.
ok delete this

ive been away from my computer for a few days so im a bit late but heres my thoughts

belgium were the best (so good i bought that song on itunes in fact) followed by latvia. israel were good too and the serbian woman SLAYED
sweden were decent, catchy song and good staging but nothing incredible
the uk were better than i expected but that song is is just so awful and dated
the uk do eton mess mainly for political reasons i think but also because they send terrible acts/songs. it's just not taken seriously enough here. when you take the winners from before like Lena from germany who is a huge star over there and like that swedish guy whose song was already no. 1 in sweden. but the uk sends people you've never heard of, x factor rejects and people you didn't even realise were still alive .... smh im not bothered who wins tho i just dont see why u would get angry when the uk do badly like OBVIOUSLY theyre not gonna do good
LastFM | [url=http://www.-motion.tumblr.com]Tumblr[/url] | Twitter | Letterboxd | Flickr | now tayne i can get into
wL7£we7°Lh1)tL1)

Majin_Nephets
NNID: Majin_Nephets
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-3978

Post by Majin_Nephets » Fri May 29, 2015 5:38 pm

My problem isn't the UK doing badly (Electro Velvet were obviously never going to win or even trouble the top 10), I just felt they deserved a few more points.

My other problem is the sheer abundance of dull, albeit passionately-sung, ballads that all sound pretty much the same and usually don't have much of a tune.
PM me if you decide to add me on 3DS or Wii U