what is the best live gaffe of all time

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Crisps
NNID: Crisps

what is the best live gaffe of all time

Post by Crisps » Mon May 25, 2015 3:48 pm

on live tv usually there is a time when somebody falls down or says knickerbocker glory or something like that. these are always good and my favourites are the time somebody phoned up matt bianco to call them wankers and the time some banter lad phoned up five star and told them they were gooseberry fool crap.

what's your top gaffe
you're a virgin who can't drive.

Rachel
Xbox Gamertag: squarepolarbear
Steam ID: squarepolarbear

Re: what is the best live gaffe of all time

Post by Rachel » Mon May 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Last edited by Rachel on Mon May 25, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LastFM | [url=http://www.-motion.tumblr.com]Tumblr[/url] | Twitter | Letterboxd | Flickr | now tayne i can get into
wL7£we7°Lh1)tL1)

Cribs
Steam ID: Cribster18

Post by Cribs » Mon May 25, 2015 6:53 pm

when they called Jeremy Hunt Jeremy knickerbocker glory

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Mon May 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Not so much a gaffe, but a complete and total shambles...

Guy Goma was waiting in the main reception area of the BBC Television Centre in west London to be interviewed for a position as a "Data Support Cleanser" in the corporation's IT department. At the same time, Guy Kewney, a British technology expert, was in another reception area, known as Stage Door, preparing for a live television interview on the subject of Apple Computer's court case with The Beatles' record label, Apple Corps. The producer who was sent to fetch Kewney, however, was told that Kewney was in the main reception area. When he got there and asked the receptionist in person where Guy Kewney was, she pointed to Goma, even after being asked if she was sure that this was the right person.

The producer had seen a photo of Kewney, but only had five minutes before the live interview was due to take place. So he approached Goma and asked him if he was 'Guy'. Hearing his first name, Goma answered in the affirmative. Goma was led to the News 24 studio. BBC staffers put on makeup, and he was ushered to the television studio, where he was seated in front of the cameras and wired up with a microphone. Although believing the situation to be highly unusual, he prepared to do his best for what he believed would be his job interview.
ImageImage

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Mon May 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Who will you vote for? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_26NfgQOZA
D.J wrote:Not so much a gaffe, but a complete and total shambles...
w
I've never seen that one before, the guy was kind of adorable, his face when he realized what happened. Shouldn't be too embarrassing because he came across very likable.
Crisps wrote:these are always good and my favourites are the time somebody phoned up matt bianco to call them wankers and the time some banter lad phoned up five star and told them they were gooseberry fool crap.
TBH,I kind of find it hard to laugh at those ones as they are very mean spirited. But I guess this was how pre-internet trolling was done. Back then when people said ROFL, people literary used laugh while rolling on the floor dang nabit.
"soylent green is people"

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Tue May 26, 2015 7:04 am

N64-Cruizer wrote:I've never seen that one before, the guy was kind of adorable, his face when he realized what happened. Shouldn't be too embarrassing because he came across very likable.
His reaction was brilliant, it was a case of 'oh crap, this is really happening'
ImageImage

andymck

Post by andymck » Tue May 26, 2015 10:33 am

Crisps
NNID: Crisps

Post by Crisps » Wed May 27, 2015 2:50 pm

i forgot about the og live gaffe
you're a virgin who can't drive.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 pm

andymck wrote:
I hadn't seen that one before. So I take it this is some kind of telefon after hurricane Katrina and that's the guy from Austin Powers with one of the locals affected by the hurricane.

I wouldn't say its a 'gaffe' but it is very evocative, I kind of got goosebumps a little. I really like whoever that black guy is - I think he comes across very well, he's obviously been through a lot of pain because of the hurricane and kind of cuts through the bs but presents himself in a very articulate and dignified way. The way he undercuts the Austin Powers guy, with 'George Bush does not care about black people' was sharp and poignant.
"soylent green is people"

Wrathy

Post by Wrathy » Thu May 28, 2015 2:02 am

Uhhh, actually, that's Kanye West... you know, massively famous rap artist... not a local.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Concert_ ... ontroversy

But yeah, it was a good point well made.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Thu May 28, 2015 9:15 am

I'll just post the link as its a very rude word.

Basically a few weeks ago in the election run up a BBC reporter made a gaffe live on air where he called Nigel Farage a c**t. It happens at the 20 second mark.