Wrestling Talk: money money money money

Want to talk sport? Come here and chat about football, wrestling, Formula 1... anything you like!
Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Wrestling Talk: money money money money

Post by Dix » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Yeah, figured this wasn't up yet so I'd make it. Anybody else getting a bit tired of the product at the moment like I am? Sorry to start the discussion on such a damp note, but the only interesting for me happening at the moment is Ambrose and Rollins, and it's being pushed aside for the main event this Sunday for another gooseberry fool Orton and Cena match? Sure it's to become the number one contender, but even watching Cena and Lesnar again after seeing how badly they booked their last one when Cena nearly won and made Lesnar look like a eton mess that was about to tap after how over they'd made him, it doesn't seem like something I'm really looking forward to. Orton and Lesnar wouldn't be awful, but even then it's not something that gets me excited.

Other than that though, apart fromMizdow being a gooseberry fool boss and somehow keeping people interested in the Miz, and a very average Rusev and Big Show classic BIG MAN feud, WWE is getting boring at the moment. I guess it's because of all the injuries to the big stars, but even then, there are so many peopl in NXT that need to come up as soon as possible. Adrian Neville is definitely going to be the next big thing, and Ascension are so cool. But yeah, discuss I guess.
Last edited by Dix on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Slazo
NNID: Slazoking
PSN ID: Slazoking
Xbox Gamertag: King Slazo
Steam ID: kingslazo

Re: WWE and General Wrestling Talk

Post by Slazo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Honestly I think this PPV has a pretty good lineup. Ignoring the main event none of us give a rat's angel delight about, you've got an instant classic in Rollins v Ambrose, some solid title matches in Paige v AJ and Sheamus v Miz (really hoping Mizdow gets subbed in and wins the title), and then an IWC wet dream in Cesaro v Ziggler 2/3 falls. While the builds been terrible, the matches themselves should be good.

And I do agree the numerous injuries haven't helped, but on the flipside the Rumble is going to be brilliant when Bryan, Barrett and Reigns all return. As for NXT, I'd love to see Zayn and Breeze on the main show, while Neville still needs to find a personality. Ascension are alright, and if the rumours of them being the next Wyatts aree true that'd work wonders for them.
~ b e t h e y o u ~ tweet on lil tweeter ~ RetroRemastered

Dix

Post by Dix » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Forgot about Cesaro and Ziggler. That uppercut on Raw this Monday was insane, really looking forward to that actually.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Danathon

Post by Danathon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:46 pm

The product is getting a little stale at the moment but WWWE have been very unlucky with injuries this year. Loving Ambrose taking full advantage of this though, see him as a blend of Pillman/Piper/Austin, with the ability to get over as big as at least one if them 3. Hell In The Cell looks ok on paper, not gonna drop £15 on it though to find out. Only clever she'll out for Rumble and Mania. Thoughts on who may defeat Brock? Can only see Cena, maybe Orton, doing it unfortunately, would struggle to buy anyone else doing it. Not even sure Reigns would be up to snuff come Mania.

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:54 pm

I haven't been watching since Daniel Bryan broke his neck. WWE are really missing him and Cm Punk in a big way.

Dix

Post by Dix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:44 am

Danathon wrote:The product is getting a little stale at the moment but WWWE have been very unlucky with injuries this year. Loving Ambrose taking full advantage of this though, see him as a blend of Pillman/Piper/Austin, with the ability to get over as big as at least one if them 3. Hell In The Cell looks ok on paper, not gonna drop £15 on it though to find out. Only clever she'll out for Rumble and Mania. Thoughts on who may defeat Brock? Can only see Cena, maybe Orton, doing it unfortunately, would struggle to buy anyone else doing it. Not even sure Reigns would be up to snuff come Mania.
Can see one of them winning then Rollins cashing in.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

irish_mankey
Xbox Gamertag: Irish Mankey

Post by irish_mankey » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:31 pm

The current product, creatively speaking, REALLY needs to get it's priorities straight. Dean V Seth is the only decent story going right now. I mean, no one wants to see Cena/Orton in the main event except for Cena and Orton. It's an overdone storyline and just needs to stop. Rusev/Big Show is just...there, wasting tie while we all have to see Big Show being offended over the heel being heelish because 'MERICA. Sheamus is uninteresting as a US champ (though to be fair, the US Championship has been pretty uninteresting as of late). They don't really have anything for Dolph of the Dust Brothers to do right now, even though their holding the no.2 & no.3 belts. And don't get me started on the Bellas. Storywise, they need to pick things up

But speaking on a pure wrestling perspective, HIAC looks to be at least a decent if not good PPV. Cena/Orton will probably be a decent match, Mizdow is going to carry the US title match, Paige and AJ is going to be pretty good, though potentially a bit stale at this point and then we have the Internet's dream matches that are Dolph/Cesaro and Dean/Seth.

tl;dr: Things could be a LOT worse
Well, this is oddly familiar

TheUndeniableLau
PSN ID: PureFifaRules

Post by TheUndeniableLau » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Orton v Cena being on a PPV, just reflects WWE's failure to push talent correctly in the last decade. How many wrestlers fall into the category should have been 'main eventers' but WWE dropped the ball with them?

LightSamus
PSN ID: LightSamus88
Xbox Gamertag: LightOnTheEdge
Steam ID: LightSamus88

Post by LightSamus » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:59 pm

I have literally zero interest in Hell in a Cell and judging by the Survivor Series teaser, we won't be seeing Brock for another two months at least. I like Brock, but having a champion that isn't around is awful.

irish_mankey

Post by irish_mankey » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:01 pm

LightSamus wrote:I have literally zero interest in Hell in a Cell and judging by the Survivor Series teaser, we won't be seeing Brock for another two months at least. I like Brock, but having a champion that isn't around is awful.
Yeah, the part-time champ really is annoying. And breaks kayfabe but oh well

TheUndeniableLau

Post by TheUndeniableLau » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:57 pm

I like Brock as champ, he makes the belt seem hard to win.

Stitch Lips

Post by Stitch Lips » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:55 pm

I agree, Final Boss Brock is best Brock

It actually pains me to know someone will beat him at some point and it will probably someone I don't like

♥ sweet galloping honey-baked <deleted> ♥ add me ladles ♥ DAZZLER RULES ♥

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:30 pm

I am wondering if anyone here would be interested in a wrestling forum game 8-)

If so please have a look at the one I've linked in my signature.

I absolutely loved the WWF Royal Rumbles from the past and this game will pay homage to those with a few twists :mrgreen: Who can forget the Undertaker ?
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Stitch Lips

Post by Stitch Lips » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:36 pm

Bix wrote:Who can forget the Undertaker ?
Everyone, after THE BEAST conquered him

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:40 pm

I must apologise I've been out of things for ages .. who is this BEAST .. thats an epic name .. I must look him up unless you can post a pic first ? 8-)
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Stitch Lips

Post by Stitch Lips » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 pm

irish_mankey

Post by irish_mankey » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Stitch Lips wrote:Image
I crey evry tim.
And I do like the concept of Brock just coming in and KILLING everyone he faces. I just wish/hope he'd not take a giant ass breaking with arguably the most important thing in the company. Have him JUST pop-up for the PPV and the match maybe. Have him just wreck his opponent and leave. He gets paid, we get a title match and the main event picture doesn't feel slightly hollow. Though I may just be biased against Brock because of WM 30. Who knows?

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:05 am

What makes no sense is Dean BEAT Cena, yet it's Cena who gets the No.1 Contenders match.

Dix

Post by Dix » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:51 am

Tentacle wrote:What makes no sense is Dean BEAT Cena, yet it's Cena who gets the No.1 Contenders match.
To be fair, I think it adds to the 'Unstable gmmick'. Like he could have had a title shot but instad hea fought to beat the eton mess out of Rollins because he was kind a angry and stuff. I like it honestly, although I would have rather they just make Rollin/Ambrose the main event.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

TheUndeniableLau

Post by TheUndeniableLau » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:25 am

Dix wrote:
Tentacle wrote:What makes no sense is Dean BEAT Cena, yet it's Cena who gets the No.1 Contenders match.
To be fair, I think it adds to the 'Unstable gmmick'. Like he could have had a title shot but instad hea fought to beat the eton mess out of Rollins because he was kind a angry and stuff. I like it honestly, although I would have rather they just make Rollin/Ambrose the main event.
I suppose but then it gives his character ground to demand a title shot after the Rollins match.

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 am

Heard I missed out on a hell of a main event

TheUndeniableLau

Post by TheUndeniableLau » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Tentacle wrote:Heard I missed out on a hell of a main event
And it was the right match to have as the main event by mileeeeees. ;)

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:27 am

TheUndeniableLau wrote:
Tentacle wrote:Heard I missed out on a hell of a main event
And it was the right match to have as the main event by mileeeeees. ;)
I'll catch the replay. But it's good that did go on last

Ash
NNID: Ash_Harrison1
PSN ID: Ash_Harrison1
Steam ID: FightAshFight

Post by Ash » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:56 pm

I haven't watched a section of RAW that isn't Ambrose and Rollins in literally weeks. Hell in a Cell was disappointing as hell, reminds me why it is that I only watch NXT. So damn much better.

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Raw was ok this week but then THE BIG GUUUUUUUY came back and hearing the huge pop he got makes me hope that WWE give him a proper Face push maybe even beating Rusev at the next ppv
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that