Page 5 of 8

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:58 am
by RichardUK
Yesterdays Results

Switzerland 0 - 0 France

Romania 0 - 1 Albania

Today's Games

Russia v ImageWales (20:00)

Slovakia v ImageEngland (20:00)

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:32 am
by Aren142
I won't even be upset if the worst happens in the Wales game if Slovakia beat England.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:18 pm
by Mephisto
Aren142 wrote:I won't even be upset if the worst happens in the Wales game if Slovakia beat England.
Standard non-England home nations fan attitude right there.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:01 pm
by Aren142
An England loss probably wouldn't cut it alone. But the fact I'm supporting Slovakia as a sort of second team does about cover it. Second favourite beating second most hated team is a good thing.

For reference Spain are most hated because it's impossible to watch them and stay awake unless they're being thrashed.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:20 pm
by RainbowGazelle
fluffyKittan wrote:Disliking Rooney is a meme. Wake up please, opinions like this are why 70% of football fans haven't got scooby.
Or you could gooseberry fool off and let people have their own opinions. Rooney has never been a good player.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:34 pm
by phalanx
never? :lol:

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:43 pm
by andymck
RainbowGazelle wrote:
fluffyKittan wrote:Disliking Rooney is a meme. Wake up please, opinions like this are why 70% of football fans haven't got scooby.
Or you could gooseberry fool off and let people have their own opinions. Rooney has never been a good player.
There's opinions and then there's just delusion, Rooney at his best was arguably the most talented English footballer since the likes of Beckham, Shearer and Gazza.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:50 pm
by Mephisto
Hello my name is Roy Hodgson, can someone please suggest a line-up because I don't really know who to start and for that matter who to bring on. Some tactics would be nice as well, maybe even a team talk? Thanks, get back to me by next Monday.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:06 pm
by Aren142
At his best, Rooney was good. He has long passed that. It's a miracle he gets game time now. Probably mostly hope that he might still have something left.

Been looking through it and the big one for Wales to watch is the Czech Republic v Turkey. Winner of that is most likely our opponent in the last 16. A draw between them opens up some interesting possibilities. Most likely Albania and one Hell of a defence to break down. But there is the possibility of a Home Nations derby against Northern Ireland. That's one I want to see.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:23 pm
by Dix
I mean, at least we were undefeated... We need to start scoring goals though. No use having all that offensive pressure and not scoring with it. If we can't score against Russia and Slovakia from open play, how the gooseberry fool are we going to match up against actual competent teams. Even Wales scored for fun in this group, and they're playing 5 at the gooseberry fool back.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:30 pm
by Aren142
64 shots and 3 goals in 3 games. People have ragequit FM over less.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:48 pm
by Mephisto
Aren142 wrote:At his best, Rooney was good. He has long passed that. It's a miracle he gets game time now. Probably mostly hope that he might still have something left.

Been looking through it and the big one for Wales to watch is the Czech Republic v Turkey. Winner of that is most likely our opponent in the last 16. A draw between them opens up some interesting possibilities. Most likely Albania and one Hell of a defence to break down. But there is the possibility of a Home Nations derby against Northern Ireland. That's one I want to see.
You could also very easily get Croatia. In which case winning the group might not be as good as you think.

I thought Lallana was our best player in the first half, I can't believe he got taken off. If only he could finish, he's been missing far too many. I'm not too downbeat, I think we were far and away the best team in our group and quite frankly the opposition and their tactics don't suit us. We're not Spain, we're not used to breaking teams down, even in the group stages it was less defensive than this. Bring on Portugal/Germany/Italy/France and we can unleash the counter-attacking potential in this team.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:10 am
by Aren142
And what do we have to gain by fearing a team like Croatia? Bring it on.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:25 am
by fluffyKittan
squad selection let us down last night tbh. too many central midfielders not enough wide payers, no strikers that allow us to play more direct (caroll). Should have changed formation when he knew it wasn't working or made subs that mattered.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:47 am
by OmegaPit
Jeez, the England bashing is unbearable. We qualified, didn't we? We were unbeaten too. And due to the way Group F is at the moment we could get an easy team in the next round. I don't think we're playing as bad as the media is making out, we've been dominating teams, our only problem is our lack of killer instinct.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:00 am
by RichardUK
Yesterdays Results

Russia 0 -3 ImageWales

Slovakia 0 - 0 ImageEngland

England and Wales both go throw, England should have won against Slovakia but "should of" is not good enough, hopefully today Northern Ireland can get a shock result and Poland draw or loose so that they join them in the last 16

Today's Games

Ukraine v Poland (17:00)

ImageNorthern Ireland v Germany (17:00)

Czech Republic v Turkey (20:00)

Croatia v Spain (20:00)

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:38 am
by Mephisto
Aren142 wrote:And what do we have to gain by fearing a team like Croatia? Bring it on.
Aaron Ramsey vs Modric/Rakitic, good luck.

I guess your togetherness and national pride will be able to stop them from dictating the game.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:21 am
by Aren142
Croatia aren't as deadly as they should be as proven by being on the end of the most embarrassing result of the tournament. But, if they've sorted that out and are a team we have no chance of getting something against, then they won't finish 3rd. It's as simple as that. I'm not saying we'll definitely beat them, but we've got a chance.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:43 pm
by OmegaPit
Aren142 wrote:Croatia aren't as deadly as they should be as proven by being on the end of the most embarrassing result of the tournament. But, if they've sorted that out and are a team we have no chance of getting something against, then they won't finish 3rd. It's as simple as that. I'm not saying we'll definitely beat them, but we've got a chance.
Like every football game ever?

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:51 pm
by Aren142
No. Because Tottenham lack a chance of winning the Champions League.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 pm
by fluffyKittan
Hoyle you are a walking contradiction

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:22 pm
by Aren142
It's what I live for.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:23 pm
by Rover92
It hasn't turned out that bad for England but that's only because of the way the draw has worked, facing another 2nd place team rather than a 1st and that team being from group F - the worst group of the lot.

Italy, for example, are unfortunate enough to first top the toughest group but will still probably end up facing a better side in the next round than England's opponents, likely Croatia or maybe even Spain if Croatia win tonight.

We've also seen now that Russia have been by far the worst team of the tournament, yet we could only score once against them, not even from open play.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:18 pm
by Aren142
Still early and things could change if DDG makes another error like that, but Northern Ireland going through and potentially setting up that Home Nations derby.

Seriously, what the Hell was De Gea doing? He got so lucky there.

Re: Euro 2016

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:52 pm
by phalanx
DDG won't make another error.. its DDG ffs