Anime Thread TM - sonmonogatari

Come here to discuss anything in the world of entertainment, from anime to X Factor.
Cribs
Steam ID: Cribster18

Re: not anime

Post by Cribs » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:52 am

more like ana log off

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 am

masa wrote:https://youtube.com/watch?v=2wrZDP0g3x4
2016 the year that saved anime
youtube saved me from anime

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:31 am

Ash Ketchup saved me from anime.
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:01 pm

tfw still 2 seasons to watch

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:28 pm

i have been promising to do this for far too long

Anime Recommendations by Genre

Action
[/size][/b]
Black Lagoon (ブラック・ラグーン - Black Lagoon)
Episodes: 12
Studio: Madhouse
Directed by: Sunao Katabuchi
Original Airdate: April 9, 2006 - June 25, 2006

Description: Black Lagoon focuses on the misadventures of a group of mercenaries, but the only one you care about is Revy. Car chases, gun fights, explosions, dark humour and gritty dialogue make Black Lagoon an action series that has it all for fans of the Hollywood-esque style of action.

Cowboy Bebop (カウボーイビバップ - Cowboy Bebop)
Episodes: 26
Studio: Sunrise
Directed by: Shinichiro Watanabe
Original Airdate: April 3, 1998 - April 24, 1999

Description: Join bounty hunter Spike Spiegel as he drifts across the universe with his companions in his ship, The Bebop. Its episodic nature, style over substance direction and heavy homages to western cinema make it incredibly easy to get into for both inexperienced anime watchers and veterans.

Fullmetal Alchemist (鋼の錬金術師 - Hagane no Renkinjutsushi)
Episodes: 51
Studio: Bones
Directed by: Seiji Mizushima
Original Airdate: October 4, 2003 - October 2, 2004

Description: Alchemist Edward Elric searches for the Philosopher's Stone in the hope that he can use its power to restore his brother's body. One of the most widely acclaimed shonen series of all time, Fullmetal Alchemist was remade in 2009 under the title Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Brotherhood sticks more closely to the plot of the manga while 2003 deviates fairly heavily as the series progresses, so the preference here is down to opinion.

Hunter x Hunter (ハンターハンター - Hunter Hunter)
Episodes: 62
Studio: Nippon Animation
Directed by: Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Original Airdate: October 16, 1999 - March 31, 2001

Description: 12-year-old Gon leaves home to take the Hunter Exam, a test that will declare him an official Hunter if he passes, in the hopes that in doing so he will reunite with his father. He is joined by the assassin Killua, the doctor Leorio and the not-trap Kurapika. While this series was also remade in 2011 by Madhouse, the '99 version is objectively superior unless you are bad at looking at things.

Kyousougiga (京騒戯画 - Kyousougiga)
Episodes: 10
Studio: Toei Animation
Directed by: Rie Matsumoto
Original Airdate: October 10, 2013 - December 19, 2013

Description: A young girl named Koto wanders into an alternate dimension Kyoto known as the Mirror Capital, where youkai and humans live together. Absolutely on a level of its own in recent years when it comes to visuals and action sequences, Kyousogiga blends gorgeous detail with an utterly bizarre setting to create this Alice in Wonderland-esque series.
Comedy
Azumanga Daioh (あずまんが大王 - Azumanga Daiou)
Studio: J.C. Staff
Directed by: Hiroshi Nishikiori
Original Airdate: April 8, 2002 – September 30, 2002

Description: Adapted from a manga often considered to be the master of the 4-koma format, Azumanga Daioh chronicles the lives of a group of high school girls. Effectively plotless, the charming and frequently funny character interactions have made this one a staple in discussions about comedic anime, like some kind of Japanese Seinfeld with a cuter cast.

Cromartie High School (魁!!クロマティ高校 - Sakigake!! Kuromati Koukou)
Studio: Production I.G.
Directed by: Hiroaki Sakurai
Original Airdate: October 2, 2003 – March 25, 2004

Description: Non-delinquent Kamiyama is enrolled in a class at a school populated entirely by delinquents, and things only get weirder from there. A truly bizarre cast of characters including Freddie Mercury, a gorilla and a robot results in a show where everyone feels like the comedy foil to everyone else. A show of genuine wit and unexpected humour that can have you laughing at the absolute dumbest of punchlines.

Detroit Metal City (デトロイト・メタル・シティ - Detroit Metal City)
Studio: Studio 4°C
Directed by: Hiroshi Nagahama
Original Airdate: August 8, 2008 - October 28, 2008

Description: Poor Soichi Negishi only wants to write soothing indie pop songs but seems to have found himself as the frontman for a vulgar satanic death metal band, DMC. Completely unrelenting with its sheer explicit and excessive nature, Detoit Metal City isn't a show for everyone but if you can look past the jokes about killing your own parents or the ridiculous amounts they say the word "rape" in this series you're rewarded with something quite unique in its lunacy.

FLCL (フリクリ - Furi Kuri)
Episodes: 6
Studio: Gainax
Directed by: Kazuya Tsurumaki
Original Airdate: April 26, 2000 - March 16, 2001

Description: Welcome to a town where nothing happens. An exceptional soundtrack and gorgeous visuals complement a totally absurd and disjointed story of cynical highschooler Naota and the energetic Haruko Haruhara. Join them as robots battle with guitars, cataclysms are solved through baseball, and everything is a penis reference.

Nichijou (日常 - Nichijou)
Studio: KyoAni
Directed by: Tatsuya Ishihara
Original Airdate: April 3, 2011 – September 25, 2011

Description: Three schoolgirls, a child genius and a robot. Nichijou presents an absurd fusion of numerous different styles of humour across its many sketches. The characters are adorable, the jokes are simple, and KyoAni truly bring their showmanship A-game, resulting in one of the nicest looking TV anime in recent memory.
Drama
[/b][/size]
5 Centimeters Per Second (秒速5センチメートル - Byousoku 5 Centimeter)
Episodes: 1
Studio: CoMix Wave Inc.
Directed by: Makoto Shinkai
Original Airdate: March 3, 2007

Description: A romantic drama split into three parts, Makoto Shinkai's astounding visuals and lush sceneries work with a gorgeous soundtrack to create a film that can only be described as mesmerizing. Hastily cropped images seen above do not do this film justice. The heartwrenching final act alone would make this film worthy of inclusion here.

Millennium Actress (千年女優 - Sennen Joyuu)
Directed by: Satoshi Kon
Original Airdate: September 14, 2001

Description: A filmmaker gets the opportunity to interview his idol, former leading actress Chiyoko Fujiwara, for a documentary. As she delves into her life's story the lines between past and present are blurred and an exceptional dramatic tale of love is crafted by the genius of Satoshi Kon.

Rose of Versailles (ベルサイユのばら - Versailles no Bara)
Episodes: 40
Studio: Tokyo Movie Shinsha
Directed by: Osamu Dezaki
Original Airdate: 10 October 1979 – 3 September 1980

Description: Set during the France in the late 18th century, Oscar François de Jarjayes - a young girl raised as a prince - struggles between loyalty to her class and family, and her desire to help the impoverished and oppressed against the backdrop of the French revolution. Osamu Dezaki's superb direction brings something amazing to every scene of this historical drama.

Welcome to the N.H.K. (N・H・Kにようこそ!- N.H.K. ni Youkoso!)
Episodes: 24
Studio: Gonzo
Directed by: Yuusuke Yamamoto
Original Airdate: July 9, 2006 – December 17, 2006

Description: 22-year-old NEET Tatsuhiro Satou is at the centre of a conspiracy spread by the secret organization, NHK - or so he believes. Welcome to the NHK is a highly black comedy-drama that does not pull any punches in the way it deals with psychological issues, depression, suicide, addiction and the hikikomori lifestyle.
Fantasy & Supernatural
Berserk (ベルセルク - Berserk)
Episodes: 25
Studio: Oriental Light and Magic
Directed by: Naohito Takahashi
Original Airdate: October 7, 1997 – March 31, 1998

Description: Read the manga.

Bakemonogatari (化物語 - Bakemonogatari)
Episodes: 15
Studio: Shaft
Directed by: Akiyuki Shinbou
Original Airdate: July 3, 2009 - June 25, 2010

Description: Uniquely directed with Shinbou's flair, full of wonderful character interaction and borderline excessive in its employment of fanservice, Bakemonogatari chronicles the adventures of lecherous half-vampire Koyomi Araragi as he helps several girls who are cursed by mysterious apparitions.

Mononoke (モノノ怪 - Mononoke)
Directed by: Kenji Nakamura
Original Airdate: July 13, 2007 - September 28, 2007

Description: A mysterious man known only as the Medicine Seller travels the world to rid places of spirits known as mononoke. Split into five short arcs, Mononoke is visually gorgeous and strikingly haunting in its narrative.

Mushishi (蟲師 - Mushishi)
Studio: Artland
Directed by: Hiroshi Nagahama
Original Airdate: October 23, 2005 - June 19, 2006

Description: Mushi master Ginko travels from place to place to research the mysterious Mushi, and offer assistance to people and villages affected by the problems they bring about. Dense worldbuilding and wonderfully atmospheric, each episode will give you something to think about.

The Tale of Princess Kaguya (かぐや姫の物語 - Kaguya-hime no Monogatari)
Studio: Studio Ghibli
Directed by: Isao Takahata
Original Airdate: November 23, 2013

Description: Based on the Japanese folktale, The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, Isao Takahata's farewell to directing is stylistically gorgeous and astonishingly breathtaking. A rare work of art, any fan of anime owes it to themselves to see this film.
Mahou Shoujo
Cardcaptor Sakura ( カードキャプターさくら - Cardcaptor Sakura)
Episodes: 70
Directed by: Morio Asaka
Original Airdate: April 7, 1998 - March 21, 2000

Description: Happy-go-lucky Sakura accidentally unleashes the dangerous Clow Cards after opening a mysterious book, and is tasked with collecting them all. Lighthearted fun with exciting action sequences, nuanced and natural character interaction and colourfully sublime artwork.

Princess Tutu (プリンセスチュチュ - Princess Tutu)
Episodes: 38
Studio: Hal Film Maker
Directed by: Junichi Sato
Original Airdate: August 16, 2002 - May 23, 2003

Description: While many may be turned off by Princess Tutu's outwardly childish appearance, this story about Ahiru, a duck-turned-ballet dancer, is very much a modern fairy tale. The structure blends fairy tale classics with modern ballet that results in a show that has genuine emotional appeal and passion.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (魔法少女まどか★マギカ - Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Studio: Shaft
Directed by: Akiyuki Shinbou
Original Airdate: January 7, 2011 - April 22, 2011

Description: Madoka Kaname stumbles upon a mysterious creature called Kyuubey that promises to grant any wish she desires so long as she forms a contract with him to fight as a magical girl. Although a controversial and divisive title, the widespread appeal and acclaim of this series is undeniable.

Revolutionary Girl Utena (少女革命ウテナ - Shoujo Kakumei Utena)
Episodes: 39
Studio: J.C. Staff
Directed by: Kunihiko Ikuhara
Original Airdate: April 2, 1997 - December 24, 1997

Description: Utena Tenjou is drawn into a dangerous game of duels with the student council of her academy in order to win possession of the Rose Bride. Incredibly surreal, thoroughly allegorical and stunningly well directed, Utena utilizes and subverts numerous cliches and tropes over the course of its highly metaphysical run.

Sailor Moon (美少女戦士セーラームーン - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Episodes: 46
Directed by: Junichi Sato
Original Airdate: March 7, 1992 - February 27, 1993

Description: Often thought of as the quintessential mahou shoujo series, Sailor Moon follows Usagi who is granted the power to transform into the magical Sailor Moon. While the action elements may have been done better by other mahou shoujo, each character in Sailor Moon is wonderfully unique, and the interaction between the cast make for some of the show's most memorable moments, making it a must see for fans of the genre.
Mecha

Giant Robo (ジャイアントロボ THE ANIMATION 地球が静止する日 - Giant Robot The Animation: The Day The Earth Stood Still)
Episodes: 7
Studio: Mu Animation Studio
Directed by: Yasuhiro Imagawa
Original Airdate: July 23, 1992 - January 25, 1998

Description: Daisaku Kusama is a young boy who has inherited a giant robot to help him battle against a threatening syndicate known as Big Fire. The animation is excellent and fluid, and the story is a character-driven rollercoaster that draws on countless influences, from the Greek tragedy to opera.

Gunbuster (トップをねらえ! - Top wo Nerae!)
Episodes: 6
Directed by: Hideaki Anno
Original Airdate: October 7, 1988 – July 7, 1989

Description: Takaya Noriko is a young girl enrolled in a training academy, desperately wishing to follow in her father's footsteps and pilot enormous robots. A story about the trauma of war, and hard work and guts. In the first episode a mech does push-ups. It was followed by a sequel in 2004 known as Diebuster.

Macross (超時空要塞マクロス - Choujikuu Yousai Macross)
Episodes: 36
Studio: Tatsunoko Productions
Directed by: Noboru Ishiguro
Original Airdate: October 3, 1982 - June 26, 1983

Description: After rebuilding an alien spaceship that crash landed on Earth, humanity finds themselves under attack by a race known as the Zentraedi. Airing just two years after the original Gundam, Macross manages to set itself apart from the numerous mecha clones as it carves its own uniquely memorable path through the mecha genre.

Mobile Suit Gundam (機動戦士ガンダム - Kidou Senshi Gundam)
Episodes: 43
Directed by: Yoshiyuki Tomino
Original Airdate: April 7, 1979 - January 26, 1980

Description: The war between the Earth Federation and the Principality of Zeon reaches its peak when Amuro Ray stumbles into the powerful weaponised mech, Gundam. THE mecha anime, a series so sprawling with so many different entries and side stories you're going to need an entire chart just to follow what is and isn't related.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン - Shinseiki Evangelion)
Directed by: Hideaki Anno
Original Airdate: October 4, 1995 - March 27, 1996

Description: I know, I know I've let you down, I've been a fool to myself, I thought that I could live for no one else. But now, through all the hurt and pain, it's time for me to accept the ones you love mean more than anything. So with sadness in my heart, feel the best thing I can do is end it all and leave forever. What's done is done it feels so bad, what once was happy now is sad, I'll never love again my world is ending. I wish that I could turn back time, cause now the guilt is all mine, can't live without the trust from those you love. I know you can't forget the past, you can't forget love and pride, because of that it's killing me inside. It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down. It all returns to nothing, I just keep letting me down letting me down letting me down. In my heart of hearts, I know that I can never love again, I've lost everything, everything, everything that matters to me matters in this world.
Psychological
Angel's Egg (天使のたまご - Tenshi no Tamago)
Studio: Studio DEEN
Directed by: Mamoru Oshii
Original Airdate: December 22, 1985

Description: A mysterious man has a chance encounter with a young girl holding an egg in a desolate wasteland. From the mind of the brilliant Mamoru Oshii, Angel's Egg is a slow paced assortment of symbolism and surrealism. Breathtaking and mesmerizing, every scene, frame and line of dialogue is crafted with deliberate care.

Mawaru Penguindrum (輪るピングドラム - Mawaru Penguindrum)
Episodes: 24
Studio: Brain's Base
Directed by: Kunihiko Ikuhara
Original Airdate: July 8, 2011 - December 23, 2011

Description: Terminally ill Himari is given a second chance at life, but only if her brothers can acquire the mysterious penguindrum. A touching story about choice and destiny, brimming with allegory, references to Kenji Miyazawa and Haruki Murakami, and some truly heartfelt and tragic characters and relationships.

Mind Game (マインド・ゲーム - Mind Game)
Studio: Studio 4°C
Directed by: Masaaki Yuasa
Original Airdate: August 7, 2004

Description: Nishi is a struggling manga artist who is in love with Myon, but Myon's getting married and wants him to meet her boyfriend. What follows is 100 minutes of Yakuza car chases, giant whales, and unconvential visuals to the highest degree. Mind Game is aesthetically bizarre, brilliantly experimental and wonderfully surreal. Absurd, abstract and innovative.

Perfect Blue (パーフェクト・ブルー - Perfect Blue)
Directed by: Satoshi Kon
Original Airdate: February 28, 1998

Description: Mima Kirigoe, an idol, leaves her group to pursue her dreams of becoming an actress. The career switch upsets several of her fans - particularly the diehard stalker Me-Mania. Psychologically thrilling and often surreal, the feature length debut of the tremendous Satoshi Kon blurs the lines between reality and fantasy.

Serial Experiments Lain (シリアルエクスペリメンツレイン - Serial Experiments Lain)
Episodes: 13
Studio: Triangle Staff
Directed by: Ryuutarou Nakamura
Original Airdate: July 6, 1998 - September 28, 1998

Description: Introverted teenager Lain receives an e-mail from a classmate who recently committed suicide. What follows is a cryptic, existential and chilling mystery regarding the virtual world known as The Wired, as Lain deals with identity, technology, philosophy and the enormous influence of the internet.
Sci-Fi

Akira (アキラ - AKIRA)
Studio: Tokyo Movie Shinsha
Directed by: Katsuhiro Otomo
Original Airdate: July 16, 1988

Description: In post-World War III Japan, a motorcycle accident involving a psychic child and a youth named Tetsuo results in the latter developing bizarre powers and being taken by the army to be experimented on. Adapted from the 2000 page manga of the same name, Akira is considered an absolute classic, dealing with isolation and corruption against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic Tokyo.

Ghost in the Shell (攻殻機動隊 - Koukaku Kidoutai)
Studio: Production I.G
Directed by: Mamoru Oshii
Original Airdate: November 18, 1995

Description: Motoko Kusanagi is a cybernetically enhanced cop for Section 9, who have been tasked with stopping the dangerous hacker, The Puppetmaster. One of the most critically acclaimed anime movies of all time, Ghost in the Shell deals with numerous problems facing society at the turn of the century, from technology and the line between human and machine to gender politics. The movie was followed by a TV series called Stand Alone Complex in 2002, which uses the same characters but in a different setting.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (銀河英雄伝説 - Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu)
Episodes: 110
Studio: Artland
Directed by: Noboru Ishiguro
Original Airdate: January 8, 1988 - March 17, 1997

Description: Set during a 150 year intergalactic war, Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a sprawling space opera centring on two opposing commanders: Reinhard von Lohengramm and Yang Wen-Li. Vast and thoughtful, this series provides 110 episodes of some of the finest sci-fi and political drama available to date.

Planetes (プラネテス - Planetes)
Directed by: Gorou Taniguchi
Original Airdate: October 4, 2003 - April 17, 2004

Description: Ai Tanabe is a member of the understaffed and underfunded Debris Section of Technora Corporation, whose job is to clean out any dangerous space junk caught in Earth's orbit. An unconventional sci-fi, Planetes is a story of ordinary people against a backdrop of the enormous expanse of space and the stars.

Time of Eve (イヴの時間 - Eve no Jikan)
Studio: Studio Rikka
Directed by: Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Original Airdate: March 6, 2010

Description: In the near future, numerous jobs and chores are done by robots that are outwardly identical to humans bar their requirement to always wear an identifiable ring above their heads. One day, teenager Rikuo stumbles across a mysterious café where the rings are not enforced, and humans and robots are indistinguishable. Dealing with artificial intelligence, independence and the laws of robotics, this movie is an adaptation of a six-part OVA with some new scenes added in.
Slice of Life
Haibane Renmei (灰羽連盟 - Haibane Renmei)
Studio: Radix
Directed by: Tomokazu Tokoro
Original Airdate: October 10, 2002 - December 19, 2002

Description: A young girl named Rakka awakens with no memories in a place known as the Old Home. She soon learns she must work in a nearby town, which is confined behind an enormous wall that none may exit through. Written by eton mess ABe, this is a strikingly subtle work full of emotion.

Kino's Journey: the Beautiful World (キノの旅 -the Beautiful World- - Kino no Tabi: the Beautiful World)
Studio: A.C.G.T.
Directed by: Ryuutarou Nakamura
Original Airdate: April 8, 2003 - July 8, 2003

Description: Marksman Kino and her talking motorcycle Hermes travel the world, learning about themselves and the various cultures and locations along the way. A relaxing, meditative and episodic piece with a heavy emphasis on atmosphere.

K-On! (けいおん! - Keion!)
Studio: KyoAni
Directed by: Naoko Yamada
Original Airdate: April 3, 2009 - June 26, 2009

Description: High school girl Yui joins the Light Music Club, but doesn't actually know how to play any instruments. To prevent the club being disbanded, the other girls convince her to pick up the guitar and join their band. K-On! frequently gets a bad rep among anime fans, particularly online, but if you're looking for something lighthearted and sweet, then Naoko Yamada's wonderfully magic direction presents something more than worthwhile.

Non Non Biyori (のんのんびより - Non Non Biyori)
Studio: Silver Link
Directed by: Shinwa Kayatsura
Original Airdate: October 8, 2013 - December 24, 2013

Description: Set in a countryside village, Non Non Biyori follows the daily lives of a group of schoolgirls after they receive a new student transfer. Relaxing, sweet, funny and blissful, Non Non Biyori is a perfectly crafted cure for stress.

Whisper of the Heart (耳をすませば - Mimi wo Sumaseba)
Studio: Studio Ghibli
Directed by: Yoshifumi Kondou
Original Airdate: July 15, 1995

Description: 14-year-old Shizuku wants nothing more than to write. After following a cat to an antique store she meets Seiji, a boy from her school, who is set on becoming a luthier. Yoshifumi Kondou's only feature length with Ghibli before his untimely death in 1998, Whisper of the Heart perfectly captures the highs, lows and in-betweens of the awkwardness and romance of the teenage years in this heartfelt and incredibly sweet work.
Sport
eton mess no Joe (あしたのジョー - eton mess no Joe)
Episodes: 79
Studio: Mushi Productions
Directed by: Osamu Dezaki
Original Airdate: April 1, 1970 - September 29, 1971

Description: Joe, an orphan, meets Danpei, an alcoholic ex-boxing coach. After helping Joe to train in order to fight against a rival from a juvenile home, Danpei sees potential in the teenager and the two decide to pursue the sport seriously. One of the earliest sports anime out there, and absolutely a pioneer for the genre as a whole.

Ping Pong The Animation (ピンポン THE ANIMATION - Ping Pong The Animation)
Episodes: 11
Studio: Tatsunoko Production
Directed by: Masaaki Yuasa
Original Airdate: April 11, 2014 - June 20, 2014

Description: Every year, students from across Japan take part in a national table tennis competition for the opportunity to achieve international stardom. A superbly directed, brilliantly aesthetic and wonderfully scored character driven work from Masaaki Yuasa about talent and hard work.

Redline (レッドライン - REDLINE)
Directed by: Takeshi Koike
Original Airdate: August 14, 2009

Description: JP, a dare-devil driver in a custom Trans-Am, wins an opportunity to compete in REDLINE, the most dangerous and extravagant racing tournament in the universe. This high-octane, beautifully animated, adrenaline-pumping thrill ride from Takeshi Koike is the very definition of style.

Slam Dunk (スラムダンク - Slam Dunk)
Episodes: 101
Directed by: Nobutaka Nishizawa
Original Airdate: October 16, 1993 - Mar 23, 1996

Description: Hanamichi has had enough of being rejected, and pretends to love basketball to impress a girl. She takes him to the school's gym, where he learns about the slam dunk. Another classic in the genre of sports anime, Slam Dunk is loved by basketball fans and non-basketball fans alike for its wit, intensity and characterization.
there, now we can finally remove that garbage gooseberry fool chart and pastebin from the op

anime
Last edited by komodo joe on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:18 pm

youre such a gooseberry fool weeb g omg banned from this thread not patrician enough

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:20 pm

speaking of Psychological, ERASED is shaping up to be pretty great

also nice to hear KFG doing its OP

komodo joe

Re: not anime - new recs in the op

Post by komodo joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:20 pm

just remove all the rest of the text from the op while you're at it masa I have assumed direct control

what shall my next chart be? who knows. it might not even be anime!

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:24 pm

beansontoast wrote:speaking of Psychological, ERASED is shaping up to be pretty great

Thing is the manga trails off in quality supposedly and after reading it the "ending" to the current "arc" is a bit off tbh plus the manga itself hasn't actually ended yet so it could all go tits up.

Hoping it doesn't tho because currently I kind of love it
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

masa

Post by masa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:28 pm

komodo joe wrote:just remove all the rest of the text from the op while you're at it masa I have assumed direct control

"MUST WATCH ANIMATED SOVIET PROPAGADA"

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:28 pm

How do I bookmark posts

(but yes top list mr joe)

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:32 pm

Decretum wrote:
beansontoast wrote:speaking of Psychological, ERASED is shaping up to be pretty great

Thing is the manga trails off in quality supposedly and after reading it the "ending" to the current "arc" is a bit off tbh plus the manga itself hasn't actually ended yet so it could all go tits up.

Hoping it doesn't tho because currently I kind of love it
The animes doing a good job so far imo. Liking the angle with the mc reliving out his childhood and I've always been a fan of event altering plots when its done well

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:33 pm

Yeah the anime is really gooseberry fool nice rn also it's at least more mysterious since the manga has

THE EYES

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:36 pm

i think i know what you're referring to but instead of confirming it i'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:36 pm

That list reminds me, finally got round to reading through Berserk. Shocking review: it's pretty good, I really like the art style, it's a shame it borrows so much from things like Dark Souls though
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:37 pm

masa wrote:
komodo joe wrote:just remove all the rest of the text from the op while you're at it masa I have assumed direct control

"MUST WATCH ANIMATED SOVIET PROPAGADA"
OFIFICAL BEST WW2 PROPAGANDA ANIMATION: 1. KUMO NO TULIP 2. DER FUHRERS FACE 3. THE REST

masa

Post by masa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:37 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:How do I bookmark posts

i dont know

mr

gooseberry fool

ADMIN

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:40 pm

you click the post title and then bookmark the url idiot.....

masa

Post by masa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:42 pm

komodo joe wrote:you click the post title and then bookmark the url b-baka >////<

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:43 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:How do I bookmark posts

thanks man, really appreciate it

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:51 pm

KEEP IN MIND this is just a list to show some readily available and easy to get into(for the most part, with the exceptions of the super long stuff like LoGH and the more psych-y stuff like that entire section and Utena). I'm not saying these are the best stuff in each category nor am I saying they're the best stuff available there's actually a TON of great stuff I wanted to recommend but had to leave out because I couldn't fit them into any specific category.

clearly this means I just need to make more gooseberry fool lists.

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:52 pm

JenovaPX wrote:it's a shame it borrows so much from things like Dark Souls though

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:55 pm

why not fma:B and the new HxH

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:02 am

NNB is dope tho

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:05 am

jimbob555 wrote:why not fma:B and the new HxH
fmab versus fma is down to opinion so I named the original and talked about brotherhood in the description

99 is objectively better than 11 using quantifiable mathematic rating systems