Ever regret selling the old to buy the new

Your link to the past. Talk about anything to do with games or consoles from years gone by.
kerr9000

Ever regret selling the old to buy the new

Post by kerr9000 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:07 pm

I am not sure how many of you will have done this and how many havent but have you ever sold your old games to buy ones for the next, for example have you sold SNES games to buy either an N64 or N64 games, or sold your gamecube games (and maybe machine) to buy a Wii or Wii games.

I would like to say I have never done it but unfortunatly I have. I decided to post this just after I had finshed counting how many original Xbox Games I have (101) this number was kind of an important number to me because it was a new high for how many original Xbox games I have owned. You see I got up to 100 Xbox games before I began to trade them in towards games for newer systems. At the time I didnt regret it as well I wanted the new stuff I wasnt using the old and it seemed like a good idea but latter I came to regret my decisions, I then started to purchase original Xbox games again partly just to collect and partly to correct my ''lapse in judgment''.

Do I have the exact same games? No, in all honesty I cant remember exactly what I had in the first place, do I like what I have though Yes. I have a mix of stuff including some games I really adore and thats good enough for me.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Re: Ever regret selling the old to buy the new

Post by D.J » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:10 pm

I sold a lot of my old Wii/360/PS3 games in order to get new ones, but i can't say i've missed any of the titles i got rid of. That said though, there have been some games i would never part with, i still have my mint condition copies of Shenmue 2, Banjo Tooie, and N64 Paper Mario tucked away in the drawer.
ImageImage

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:04 pm

I've sold a few games in the past that I wish I hadn't now, looking to buy them back sees astronomical prices that are just too rich for my blood.

Like DJ says, I also have games that I'd never sell - ever. Like Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii, Paper Mario N64 (fully boxed and in the drawer), Metal Gear Solid: TTS to name just a few. Generally the games I buy I end up keeping. There are a few that I have absolutely hated though and I've no regrets in letting them go.

Although a friend of mine did sell all of his GameCube games once because he said he needed money for a night out. I was mortified and called him all of the crazy names under the sun.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Probably, but I've gotten over it all haha. Most of the retro titles I would want I'd fairly easily be able to get.

I do kind of wish I had kept a hold of Trilogy, but can still live with it. I don't really feel like the new controls added much to the older games, though I did like them. I also have Prime on its own and can easily get Echoes. I just checked to see if I had Corruption and I'm surprised to find I don't. I see it often in random second-hand game places going for £3 so I might pick it up again at some point.

D.J

Post by D.J » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:27 pm

I have a few rare Gamecube games i'd never sell too, including Skies of Arcadia Legends, Sonic Adventure DX, and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures.
ImageImage

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 pm

I have a lot of games I would never sell of the top of my head here is a few

1) Boxed copy of Link to the past complete with everything manual, tips book, map consumer leaflet etc
2) Fire emblem (the original Gameboy advance one) complete
3) Fire Emblem for the gamecube
4) Pokemon Snap still sealed
5) Hack (all 4 games on ps2) its so hard to get all 4 without breaking the bank
6) Jewl Summoner for PSP its stupidly hard to get in english
7) Xcom and Xcom Terror from the deep for ps1

there are things I have sold and regret though some I have replaced some I havent but they were when I wasw younger.

D.J

Post by D.J » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:52 am

kerr9000 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 pm
1) Boxed copy of Link to the past complete with everything manual, tips book, map consumer leaflet etc
4) Pokemon Snap still sealed
I have both of these, only my Pokemon Snap isn't sealed (the box is mint though).
ImageImage

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:19 am

I've always thought it was madness when people sell [for example] their PS3 and loads of top tier for a newly released PS4 with a much more limited library just because they want the latest console.

If it's one or the other, just wait a little bit (say maybe a year) until the next gen has more to offer and hang on to your games from the previous gen a little longer
"soylent green is people"

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:13 am

Only ever traded in two games. One was Klonoa Beach Volleyball for PS1, and I regret it to this day :(

Still need to buy it back so I can sleep at night

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 pm

I always thought mint condition meant like perfect condition, either sealed or literally never opened. The CeX where I live has a boxed "mint" copy of conker's bad fur day on n64, but the box has slight tearing and looks like it's been beaten with a stick multiple times. It looks like it's been opened and therefore I assume it's been used out of the box too. Regardless, it looks like a used copy of the game just with accompanying box and I'm assuming manual too. I think CeX are just dumb.

I personally don't like selling game related things or trading them for others, but I did once trade in Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for another game, though I forget what. I didn't really like Banana Blitz cause of its controls, but I was probably just a salty kid back then who should have just got good.
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:41 am

Jezo wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 pm
I think CeX are just dumb.

Decretum