Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Re: Currently playing

Post by Bix » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:14 am

Ape wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 am

That said, I'm playing on Semi Pro and simming half the games. I plan to up the difficulty later down the line or if I ever get more competent at the game.
Ive always managed to get myself into professional with occasional world class draws or narrow wins. I have to wait till Christmas for Fifa 18, but I can hopefully do just as well when I get it.

I love online multiplayer but also smashing my son and his mates to pieces in local when they start chatting about how good they all are. love the "but you're ancient!" and "that isn't possible!" comments.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Been playing the Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta for most of the weekend and I have to admit they've listen to the fans and it does feel like a much better game.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 pm

It's certainly better in most areas, but I still think a few things can be improved. Why they still felt the need to have the star card system in place with classes is beyond me, but we'll see if it really works once the full game is out.

Almost on my first Autumn of Stardew Valley, and Penny is a seriously easy person to befriend. As long as you keep a few melons. Definitely enjoying it.

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Battlefront 2 Beta certainly is good. Played the Space Battles the most, they're brilliant.

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Played a lot of F1 2017 over the weekend, I'm now halfway through my season. Actually got an offer from Red Bull Racing to be their 2nd driver which was very tempting! Despite my initial plan to stay at Force India for duration, if I get a similar offer at the end of the season I may just have to take it, although that would make my current you upgrade path for Force India pointless (been investing in the efficiency and quality control upgrades mainly), I've only done 2 upgrades in each QC and 1 in each dept's efficiency) so its not too late to change to performance for the second half of the year. Obviously I'd then need another Red Bull offer at the end of the year.

Not really sure why the in season move is even a thing, just doesn't feel right and I can only recall 2 in the 9 years I've been watching F1 where a driver has moved from one team to another.

Played a bit of Stardew Valley as well as Pokémon Gold.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 pm
Almost on my first Autumn of Stardew Valley, and Penny is a seriously easy person to befriend. As long as you keep a few melons. Definitely enjoying it.
Leah best girl tho

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 am

Finally caught Ho-Oh after trying for ages, it's amazing how much the catch rate must have been changed in the newer games, in the past few I've had little to no issue catching all the legendaries in standard Poké balls, whereas in Gold I was using ultra balls alongside Ho-Oh being paralysed, poisoned or asleep.

Anyway it's on my team now, just as a bit of backup for my first attempt at the elite 4.

Edit, league done. Meganium and Noctowl did very little, Miltank and Amphros did the main bulk of it (Miltank easily wiping out 3 of Karen's Pokémon with a powered up Rollout move). Ho-Oh wasn't even needed but was a nice backup to have, I'll be depositing it for now and getting my HM slaves back out.

Going to give Pokémon Good a break for a bit anyway, play some more Stardew Valley, F1 2017 and finally start Zelda (well, maybe).

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Started Middle Earth: Shadow of War today, very good it is too...

ImageImage

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:50 pm

More Star Wars Battlefront 2 Beta, yeah I'm enjoying it but I don't like the loot box system, seems like you'll have to spend money to get new abilities.

Also completed RE7, short but sweet game, I much prefer this take on the franchise and I hope the eventual RE8 will be similar but with more variety in enemies.
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 pm

Reached Area 6 in Star Fo... I mean Metroid: Samus Returns. Very similar in structure to Area 4 so far, right down to the Diggernaut stealing a key powerup and you having to face it later on.

Really liked the Lower Brinstar remix in the water area. They could have just reused the Prime 2 one but Kenji composed a new remix and it sounds really good.. Also got nearly every powerup in the game bar one, which I should get if I have to fight the current boss.

Encountered my first Omega Metroid. Definitely the hardest Metroid variant so far, to the extent that counter attacks are required to beat him.

This guy is hard. I managed to get down his attack patterns but come phase 3 I have no idea what to do in order to attack him and one of his attacks is really difficult to avoid. Hopefully will be able to figure it out later. On a similar note I figured out that you can use the grapple beam to pull Zeta Metroids off the ceiling and leave them open to attack.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Finished Samus Returns the other day with a 100% run through - it was a lot of fun. I thought it captured the essence of Metroid brilliantly, and the final areas of the game in particular were excellent. I'll post more detailed thoughts on the game's thread at some point.

Now in the wait til Mario Odyssey I'm gonna try and get the remaining shrines in BotW. Ideally without a guide but that probably won't be easy...
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Ape wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 pm

Encountered my first Omega Metroid. Definitely the hardest Metroid variant so far, to the extent that counter attacks are required to beat him.

This guy is hard. I managed to get down his attack patterns but come phase 3 I have no idea what to do in order to attack him and one of his attacks is really difficult to avoid. Hopefully will be able to figure it out later. On a similar note I figured out that you can use the grapple beam to pull Zeta Metroids off the ceiling and leave them open to attack.
You don't need to use counters, but it does make the fights significantly easier.
Digger solution (took me ages): Use the spiderball to bomb the eye when it's vulnerable in phase 3. You have to do it 3 times on each of the lined up blue things.
Nintendonator3000 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:21 pm
Finished Samus Returns the other day with a 100% run through - it was a lot of fun. I thought it captured the essence of Metroid brilliantly, and the final areas of the game in particular were excellent. I'll post more detailed thoughts on the game's thread at some point.
I'm not ever going to 100% Samus Returns. The game's linearity actively discourages the organic discovery of powerups you couldn't get to when you originally visit zones when you revisit them with more powerups as you never have to backtrack, which is a cornerstone of Metroid gameplay. Even Fusion, which was very linear, managed to capture the essence of this way of playing. That's not to say that forced backtracking isn't also a part of Metroid, but the degree necessary to 100% Metroid 2 isn't appealing.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 am

Yeah I can understand that - it's definitely not as smooth as say Metroid Prime which I went through recently, where I'd be traveling through to a new area and discovering those secrets with new abilities along the way.

That being said, I never found it a problem with the teleporters and a few multiple paths in each area keeping it more than just a line. I enjoyed each area during backtracking due to the atmosphere still being great and being able to breeze through them with the later upgrades, plus it didn't take too much time.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Area 6 on Samus Returns and the Metroid fights are actually really fun and challenging now, superb game.

Also been playing more of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite story mode and it's pretty good in a Saturday morning cartoon kind of way. The combat is fun and is pretty easy to pick up and play, wish there was more characters but still a decent game if you can find it for under £30.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Stardew Valley, only just loaded it back up this evening. Done a couple more days and I still can't shake the feeling that I just don't know what doing, I mean I've got the fishing rod, planted some seeds, watered said seeds. Love the soundtrack on it though, so relaxing I could easily fall asleep listening to it if I was tired.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:16 pm

The idea behind the game is to go to the saloon, get wasted and bankrupt, pass out, find and forage a few things the next day and sell them on ready for the night to come again. Right? Guys? Right?

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Well outside of planting/watering the parsnip seeds I've mainly just been wondering around foraging stuff to sell in the box that evening and walking around trying to meet everyone in town for the task of introducing yourself to everyone.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 pm

Once you get past Spring, it does open itself up a bit more. There's the bundles of the community centre to complete - which really acts as the only main goal of the game - but everything else is open. Though if you feel the need to look, the Wiki is always helpful in finding things to do.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:40 pm

I was trailing an orc captain on Shadow of War today, only to be ambushed by another.

ImageImage

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Played an awful lot of F1 2017 today as I've had the day off and nothing to do. Dropped the distance down to 25% so I could get more races in so I did Hungary, Belguim, Italy and the Singapore Grand Prix, got two 2nd's and two 4th's. Looking forward to the latest patch releasing for the consoles as it's finally updating the liveries and the performance of the cars.

Edit, Stardew Valley. How does fishing work? Never really tried it in my brief time playing the PC version but in the Switch version I can't even get a bite?

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:01 am

Reached Area 7 in Samus Returns. Finally beat the Diggernaut, found out that you can use the Spider Ball to stick to the floor when he's trying to suck you in and it makes damaging him with bombs so much easier. Eventually managed to get the Power Bombs from him.

Also been playing FIFA 18 and leading the way in my Swindon Town career mode, opened up a 5 point gap until this happened.
2 point gap to Mansfield now. Next match? Away to Mansfield...

On a brighter note, also played a bit of F1 2017 and managed to qualify on pole position in career mode for China, really pleased with how this panned out but I'll probably end up dropping down the field as my starts on this game haven't been too great so far.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Played more F1 2017, qualified 8th at the Malaysian Grand Prix, still yet to do the race though. One thing that has changed the game in a small way is changing camera, I'm now using the cockpit cam with a few edits to make it semi realistic. Full on camera shake and decent look to apex make it quite immersive. I've also lowered the camera down to make me feel like I'm in the cockpit, it's great!

ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Post by ZeroJones » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 am

My Nuzlocke on Pokémon Gold ended last night with a total wipeout to the game's only Sudowoodo. :oops:

I'm putting in some time with Golf Story on Switch. That dreadful pun links well with the next game I'm playing...

Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle And The Millionaires' Conspiracy. OK, OK, it didn't link well, but golf puns are my one true weakness (except for Bourbon Cream biscuits, Drambuie and barbecued salmon... but not at the same time).

Essentially it feels like I'm killing time until Super Mario Odyssey gets released.

RainbowGazelle
NNID: RainbowGazelle
3DS Friend Code: various codes
PSN ID: RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:06 am

Bought and played Super Mario 3D World recently. I was surprised to find that it's actually a good Mario game. Being able to Switch characters between levels was a lot of fun, and the levels were mostly well designed. The cat power-up was awesomely overpowered. However, the controls could still do with tweaking.
I'm RG Chris on Splatoon!

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm

I think I'm coming towards the end of Golf Story. Great little game with a fantastic sense of humour. The rapping old men battle is hilarious.