Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - rip Ultra Z

The forum for all Pokémon fans!
shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Re: Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - rip Ultra Z

Post by shy guy 64 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:00 pm

two new ultra beasts people, burst and assembly
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

Majin_Nephets
NNID: Majin_Nephets
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-3978

Post by Majin_Nephets » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Do we know yet if the box mascot fused with Necrozma is Nebby, or the the legendary that didn't appear in the previous game? It's just I remember B2/W2 having Kyurem fuse with the Dragon you didn't catch in the first games.
PM me if you decide to add me on 3DS or Wii U

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Majin_Nephets wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:57 pm
Do we know yet if the box mascot fused with Necrozma is Nebby, or the the legendary that didn't appear in the previous game? It's just I remember B2/W2 having Kyurem fuse with the Dragon you didn't catch in the first games.
based on what weve seen on id saying its fused with nebby, its deffinatly a retelling of the story as opposed to a sequel
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:08 am

They've released a story trailer for this, it's in Japanese though.... Hopefully they'll release an English version (or even just a subbed version) soon.

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 pm

so another new ultra beast code named adhesive is a poison type, burst is ghost fire and has new move, assembly is rock steel

and we are getting to see a lot more of ultra space

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Mind Blown gonna be a SpA belly drum
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm

well team rainbow rocket has bad guys from the previous gens, whos up for some epic fights?

Deku98
NNID: Deku98
3DS Friend Code: 5026-4414-7735
Steam ID: Deku

Post by Deku98 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:25 pm

I wasn't too excited for this a few months ago, in fact It wasn't even on my radar to purchase, as many have said, the next Switch game will be the one I'm looking forward too

I'm not a big fan of Z Moves, so them introducing more of that really didn't appeal to me. It's nice to get some new Ultra Beasts, and I'm really hoping this time around we'll get a National PokeDex, that sucked in Sun and Moon.

It's the story trailer that really appealed to me, as well as the recent trailer that's just come out with all the evil organisations from each game, that looks amazing.
"Everybody Lies"

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 am

well ulta sun and ultra moon are released today

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Been to GAME for the first time in ages to pick Ultra Moon up. If I hadn't needed to go to Merry Hill anyway, I probably would've just downloaded it from the eShop. Probably my last 3DS game and very well may be the last physical game I get in a while.

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm

kukui still really annoys me

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Played a bit of this before I went to work in the afternoon, I played up until the trainer school. So far it feels almost identical to Sun and Moon, think starting on a different island would have helped it feel much newer, like in BW2 where you started in a completely new town.

Anyway so far my team is,

Blathers (Rowlet) - Lvl 11
Ghost (Dusk Rockruff) - Lvl 10

Pretty much got my team sorted except maybe for one. Definitely using Rowlet, Rockruff and Mimikyu again as I loved using them first time round, as for the other thee I'm thinking Stuffel, Noibat (read you can get it on the first island, getting one without Pokémon bank in X & Y meant you had to wait till near end game territory and one more who I'm not sure on as of yet, might just see what takes my fancy as I'm planning on catching plenty of Pokémon on my travels.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Since Litten was my first in Moon, I've got Rowlet this time. First catch was a Pichu which seems to have been unlucky in defence classes. I'm going to try and build a completely new team this time, so along with Rowlet, Pichu, and Dusk Rockruff, I've got a Mime Jr. and will see what comes along once I start the trials - which I'm just about getting to.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Just landed on the second island, so far I'm still finding it very similar to Sun and Moon except a couple of minor differences, altogether too similar so far, hopefully this will change a little for the better going forwards.

Team is as follows anyway,

Rowlet, Lvl 23
Rockruff, Lvl 21
Noibat, Lvl 19

No idea which of my planned team I'll be adding on the second island, think I'll be catching Stuffel at least.

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:33 pm

this time my teams gonna be decideye, alolan sandslash, alolan muk, alolan raichu, alolan ninetails and mimikyu

got four of them so far last two should be on the third island

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm
Just landed on the second island, so far I'm still finding it very similar to Sun and Moon except a couple of minor differences, altogether too similar so far, hopefully this will change a little for the better going forwards.

Rowlet, Lvl 23
Rockruff, Lvl 21
Noibat, Lvl 19

No idea which of my planned team I'll be adding on the second island, think I'll be catching Stuffel at least.
You decided not to evolve Rowlet then?

Also I would recommend getting a Stufful, Bewear is a really good Pokemon and one of my favourites on my Moon team.

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Are people actually surprised USUM are super similar to SM? People seem to be giving me this impression because it's 2 games like B2W2 and not just the third game like it apparently bears more resemblance to and I just think it's a bit weird to get surprised at USUM following the general norm
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Ape wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:01 pm
Robbo-92 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Rowlet, Lvl 23
Rockruff, Lvl 21
Noibat, Lvl 19

You decided not to evolve Rowlet then?

Also I would recommend getting a Stufful, Bewear is a really good Pokemon and one of my favourites on my Moon team.
Thought I'd leave it as Rowlet for longer, suits the Blathers nickname a bit more that way!
Decretum wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:07 pm
Are people actually surprised USUM are super similar to SM? People seem to be giving me this impression because it's 2 games like B2W2 and not just the third game like it apparently bears more resemblance to and I just think it's a bit weird to get surprised at USUM following the general norm
I expected it to be similar in a lot of aspects, but I was expecting some more differences in all honesty. Black and White 2 were a huge improvement over Black and White in my opinion, while I wasn't expecting as many a improvements as those brought I find it weird just how similar they are. The first island, barring a couple of minor changes is more or less a carbon copy of Sun and Moons opening island from what I can remember, hopefully things will improve going forward. So far I wouldn't say it's different enough to be even called a third version or a sequel ala BW2 or the many 3rd versions.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game, was probably just expecting too much but I'm hoping it'll improve.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Meanwhile I'm enjoying it even without major differences. While I haven't used any yet, the Roto Powers seem useful enough. Mantine Surf seems a nice distraction from battling. Having hit Akala, my current team stands at Rowlet Lv22, Mime Jr. Lv20, Rockruff Lv20, Pichu Lv20, Ekans Lv18, Growlithe Lv16. Ekans has been helpful, but is getting replaced when I find a 'mon I'll get more use out of. Growlithe is a stand-in until I get a Houndoom. I've only had trouble against one fight, though that was through being unprepared.
I really like all the little personal touches that have been added, such as the first 'mon in your party being named in conversation, and the 'mon that are around you can interact with such as the Rockruff on Route 1. I'm not sure if I've said it here or not, but putting the save function on the Y button within the menu is a nice thing to have.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:38 am

Got my Dusk form Lycanroc yesterday, just a heads up, to get it on Ultra Moon you need to evolve Rockruff between 5:00 AM and 5:59 AM. I've done the first trial one the second island as well, a noticeable change as well, albeit just the totem Pokémon.

Team is as follows now,

Dartirx, lvl 26
Lycanroc, lv 25
Noibat, lvl 24

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 pm

I'd got to that point thinking "Yeah. Water type trial. Piece of cake." Totem appears, Rowlet out. Razor Leaf. Not effective. Pikachu out. Thunderbolt. Not effective. I was stretching the limits of my power supply [blinking red] so just tried everything to be defeated as quickly as possible since I hadn't saved once since returning to it.

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 am

well finished the story last night
the changes are a lot more noticeable late in the game, im a little disappointed that we no longer had our final battle against lusamine so it kind of feels that part of the story was resolved as well as before (but no one plays pokemon for the story) the fight against ultra necrozma was awesome though and ultra megaopolis looks awesome too
over all still enjoyed

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am

Struggling to even find a female Salazzle, always thought it was meant to be 75/25% male to female ratio, seem loads of males but no females so far.

shy guy 64

Post by shy guy 64 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am
Struggling to even find a female Salazzle, always thought it was meant to be 75/25% male to female ratio, seem loads of males but no females so far.
fraid its 87.5% to 12.5%,

a little bit worse

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Somehow I lucked out with that then, as a female was encounter number two with the line.