Super ONM is joining with GRcade

Having any problems with the site? Can you think of a way to make SONM better? Post here. Also includes forum news.
RedDwarf

Re: Super ONM is joining with GRcade

Post by RedDwarf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:19 am

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:03 pm was my last log in. And as you can see by my post count, all I can say is, sorry guys. I came over from ONM and remember some of you. I won't be joining up with you guys on the new site so I bid ye a farewell and leave you with a Thank You. Thank You for giving Nintendo Fans a home to live in after the closure of ONM.

RedDwarf Signing out for good!
Nintendo = Style And Quality Over Quantity

Ash
NNID: Ash_Harrison1
PSN ID: Ash_Harrison1
Steam ID: FightAshFight

Post by Ash » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:24 am

Even though I mainly hung out in the Sports sub-forum so 99.9% of you don't recognise my name, it's been a fun 7 years nearly (I think?).

Sucks to see this go, but as people have said, it was always inevitably going to happen.

Cheers Scott for doing what you could to keep the spirit of ONM alive.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:32 am

It’s very sad but we all could see the forum was not as busy as it should have been, it’s been fun and through my time on this forum I have meet some really nice people, I hope we all can move across to GRcade and stay in touch.

It will be very strange because from the day this site was live I have been on it pretty much everyday, I don’t use any other forum, in fact I don’t even use Facebook
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 am

While I'm also on Sonic Stadium, Nintendo Life, and Jedi Council Forums, most of my time has been spent here. I'm already liking the look of GRcade, and have seen they've got a regular Mario Kart 8 tournament going that I'm hopefully going to be entering into this Monday.
Just hoping I can do better than the Nintendo Life one I entered tonight.

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:05 am

#tsfkillit

Pattybean
NNID: Pattybean
PSN ID: Mr_pattybean
Xbox Gamertag: Pattybean
Steam ID: Fats_mcfatty

Post by Pattybean » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:04 am

I’ve been on grcade since it was gamesradar and can attest that it is an awesome community which like yourselves forged from the embers of an ex-future site. Anyone on the fence about trying it should just give it a whirl especially since there is a hardcore Nintendo fan base there. Hope to see you all there.

And orange raccoon although I never really posted here I can see how much work and passion you put in to this place and it really is amazing. I hope you feel really proud of what you and the community achieved.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 am

While the news is disappointing, it isn't surprising as the amount of activity around here has really dwindled of late.

Will i be moving to GRcade? Probably, the only reason i didn't do it sooner was sheer laziness.

I will take a moment however to thank OR for all his hard work, after ONM shut down it was a fun alternative, and despite a few bumps along the way, we were a good little community.
ImageImage

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 am

Weird to think it's been like a decade or whatever on this place killing what is probably an unholy amount of time procrastinating. I would have gotten so much done if it weren't for this place and you people so there's always that to stick with me.

Overall, yeah, been a pretty cool decade or whatever, aside from #pokeforum it's been alright.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 am

Shoutouts to all the pseudo, legion and mafia folks who i've chatted to and procrastinated with over the years. Genuinely had some fantastic fun with the people I met through ONM and though i'm dreadful at keeping in touch with people you're all pretty damn awesome. There's been some fantastic forum games over the years, never found another community that would come up with stuff like ONM Hunger Games, Fire Emblem ONM or Garf's genuine RPG games (Iskander won everything confirmed) and there have also just been so many fantastic mafia games (OS-Tan is still one of the best games i've ever played if I had to pick just one). So cheers ONM for all the good times and the community that made it so.

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 am

well thats dissapointing

guess ill see you guys over there
Last edited by shy guy 64 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

Ruari

Post by Ruari » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am

JenovaPX wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 am
aside from #pokeforum it's been alright.
You're banned

Side note: I never spent much time on sonm but through onm I met some people that I've been talking to for close to 9 years now. I would have been 12 at the time, so it's a pretty significant portion of my life now.

rip in peace
Elitist Pokeforum Scum
Hoyle: You aren’t particularly good at anything you do, but, bless you, you try.

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am

My favourite forum. Honour to browse these pages, hope to speak to you all again some day but until then I'll suffer.
#ff Garf

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Echoing the thoughts of others I'll make a move over there too. Not all that surprising to be told this but it's still sad nonetheless. I know its been quieter these last few months and I know that I personally haven't posted a great deal but I do frequent the site everyday and at the very least take a nosey at what's happening and going on.

Special thanks to OR for the work he's done in the daylight and behind the scenes in the shadows. It's nice to know that I'll still be able to come back here every now and then and have a read of the archives.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Ruari wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am
JenovaPX wrote:
You're banned

Side note: I never spent much time on sonm but through onm I met some people that I've been talking to for close to 9 years now. I would have been 12 at the time, so it's a pretty significant portion of my life now.

rip in peace
But you're 12 now
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Cribs
Steam ID: Cribster18

Post by Cribs » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:22 pm

mentally

Ruari

Post by Ruari » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Edd wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Ruari wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am
JenovaPX wrote:
You're banned

rip in peace
But you're 12 now
Edd join the discord you fuk
Elitist Pokeforum Scum
Hoyle: You aren’t particularly good at anything you do, but, bless you, you try.

Tsunade

Post by Tsunade » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm really going to miss this place. It's been the place I've gone to online when I've been feeling low, all of your mad posts over the years have really cheered me up, the past 3 years of my life have been a bit all over the place so having this place to come to has been a lifeline.

I'll make the move to GRcade, it won't have the same vibe as here but it'll be fun to see you guys about still.

I love you all, you're all mad, brilliant people and if I don't see you around online, I wish you all the best x

RainbowGazelle
NNID: RainbowGazelle
3DS Friend Code: various codes
PSN ID: RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:03 pm

That sucks, but I totally get it. I might as well make the jump to GRcade soon. It's been... something, guys.
I'm RG Chris on Splatoon!

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:14 pm

I think we all knew this was coming for a long time, but it doesn't make it any less weird to think that the last vestige of the ONM brand is going to be gone. The old forum played a huge part in my life, and it deserves an awful lot of credit for that. I doubt I'll carry over to GRCade, since my mod resignation last year was more or less my farewell to this place, but I'm glad that exists for those who want it.

Anyone wants to keep in touch, feel free to look me up on twitter. So long, and thanks for all the memories.

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm

EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Tsunade wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:56 pm
I love you all, you're all mad, brilliant people and if I don't see you around online, I wish you all the best x
You too by the way. We don't know each other well, but I've always thought you seemed like a very nice person x

------------------------------------------

I looked at the new site and yes it's a forum, seems ok. Who is planning on migrating over?
"soylent green is people"

Fubz

Post by Fubz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:44 pm

oh, sadness :(

Last few years of my life have been really hectic, so haven't been here as much as I'd like to have been. Lots of cool people here though. I learnt and grew a great liking for design in the ONM forums actually, and now that's what I'm studying full time :D

I still like to chat everywhere, on discord(Fubz#0479) and snapchat(Fubzo) and twittera lot. It'd be nice to hear from you guys still. I'm still just makin lots and lots of art mmm.

"funny forum he he xd"- this is my final review
when a lion sees a sleeping antelope they eat it

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Cruizer wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:55 pm
I looked at the new site and yes it's a forum, seems ok. Who is planning on migrating over?
A few people have been at GRcade since the two sites became affiliated, and a few - myself included - made the jump yesterday when the news hit.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Cruizer wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:55 pm

I have made the move, I can’t add a banner yet because of my refugee status, I’m the same user name
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Speaking of... When do new users get full access to the features of GRcade? I've been trying to find a rules section or an FAQ and haven't found anything as of yet.