HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here.
>> How Do You Feel Right Now
User avatar
Kappa
Posts: 2057
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:48 pm
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Kappa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:17 pm

gratz shio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Shio hime
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Shio hime » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm

new page new me
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Cruizer
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Cruizer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Life well lived?

"soylent green is people"

User avatar
Shio hime
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Shio hime » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm

:(
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Cruizer
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Cruizer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:06 pm

I see Karl from GRcade is lurking and probably wondering what he's let himself in for.
"soylent green is people"

User avatar
charlie
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
NNID: charliemeon
3DS Friend Code: 4296 3111 4033
Steam ID: charliemeon
Contact:

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by charlie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:10 pm

goodnight sweet prince

User avatar
Kappa
Posts: 2057
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:48 pm
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Kappa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm afraid that in this letter I may need to force you outside your comfort zone to get you to confront some extremely difficult questions, questions such as, “What sort of severe tunnel vision has led Mr. Orange Rakoon to aver that he has his moral compass in tact?” I would like to start by discussing his hijinks, mainly because they scare me. The thing I'm the most frightened about is that I plan to champion the poor and oppressed against the evil of Orange Rakoon. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that Orange has a natural talent for complaining. He can find any aspect of life and whine about it for hours upon hours.

I'm not a psychiatrist. Sometimes, though, I wish I were, so that I could better understand what makes people like Orange want to reinforce the impression that fiendish rakes—as opposed to Orange's drudges—are striving to welsh on all classes of agreements. He hates it when you say that his behavior is reprehensible and completely inconsistent with our community's closely held values. He really hates it when you say that. Try saying it to him sometime if you have a thick skin and don't mind having him shriek insults at you. In order to understand the motivation behind Orange's nostrums it is important first to deal summarily with quarrelsome bloodsuckers. I predict that sooner or later, people will generally agree that Orange supports a range of policies and programs that haven't worked, that don't work, and that can't be made to work in the real world—not without creating problems worse than what they were intended to solve, that is. This is a prediction that will not be true in all cases, but it is expected to become more common as time passes.

For those of you who don't know, if you look back over some of my older letters, you'll see that I predicted that Orange would spoon-feed us his pabulum. And, as I predicted, he did. But you know, that was not a difficult prediction to make. Anyone who has bothered to learn even a little about Orange could have made the same prediction. We must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that he will nail people to trees. And to overcome these fears, we must demonstrate conclusively that Orange's claims about anti-intellectualism form a perfect continuum of infinite leaps to vaguely defined conclusions that will rapidly collapse into a singularity of unreason from which no sense can escape.

Orange feels that at birth every living being is assigned a celestial serial number or frequency power spectrum. I'd like to explain to Orange how he's wrong, but I fear he wouldn't be capable of understanding what I said. Sad. As a result, I'll merely tell Orange in the simplest terms possible that it is mathematically provable that it disturbs me that these uncivilized bohemians have so little tolerance for differing points of view. I'm not actually familiar with the proof for that statement and wouldn't understand it even if it were shown to me, but it seems very believable based upon my experience. What's also quite believable is that I have reason to believe that Orange is about to devalue me as a person. I pray that I'm wrong, of course, because the outcome could be devastating. Nevertheless, the indications are there that Orange has an oversized ego that is second to none. I'm sorry, but there's no politer way to put that. I will tactfully note, however, that Orange once tried to convince a bunch of us that he has the moral authority to dictate how other people should conduct themselves in private. Fortunately, calmer heads prevailed, and a number of people informed the rest of the gang that when a child first learns to draw in a coloring book, he or she has no patience for lines and boundaries and so the crayon is spread evenly across the page. I am afraid that Orange's deputies have succumbed to this temptation by spreading Orange's beastly pontifications throughout society. I profess we must combat this brash effort by letting everyone know that the very genesis of Orange's ugly artifices is in totalitarianism. And it seems to me to be a neat bit of historic justice that he will eventually himself be destroyed by totalitarianism.

Orange keeps telling us that he acts in the name of equality and social justice. Are we also supposed to believe that people find his unrelenting, over-the-top hostility rather refreshing? I didn't think so.

Look, when Orange is challenged, he either denies everything or claims that his words were taken out of context and that his rivals are plotting against him. The mere mention of that fact guarantees that this letter will never get published in any mass-circulation periodical over which Orange has any control. But that's inconsequential because Orange is more than unprincipled. He's mega-unprincipled. In fact, to understand just how unprincipled Orange is, you first need to realize that his followers are quick to point out that because he is hated, persecuted, and repeatedly laughed at, Orange is the real victim here. The truth is that, if anything, Orange is a victim of his own success—a success that enables Orange to lay down diktats that force me to run for cover.

Orange's perorations are not modeled on democracy as envisaged by philosophers of the Enlightenment but on the anti-democratic principles of neopaganism. Let me try to explain what I mean by that in a single sentence: Orange has frequently been spotted making nicey-nice with the most bestial worrywarts you'll ever see. Is this because he needs their help to spit in the face of propriety? To turn that question around, which of the seven deadly sins—pride, envy, anger, sadness, avarice, gluttony, and lust—does he not commit on a daily basis? To answer that question, note that history provides a number of instructive examples for us to study. For instance, it has long been the case that I, not being one of the many soporific, orgulous hippies of this world, act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to speak out against behavior and speech that is intended to pander to our worst fears. It's also why I say that he gets particularly concerned whenever someone indicates that his penchant for neocolonialism chokes his judgment like tea leaves blocking a sink. He should realize, however, that such negative opinions of him simply come with the territory. Rather than try to suppress the unflattering things people say about him, Orange would do well to consider that it's best to ignore most of the quotes that he so frequently cites. Orange takes quotes out of context; uses misleading, irrelevant, and out-of-date quotes; and presents quotes from legitimate authorities used misleadingly to support contentions that they did not intend and that are not true. In short, I've met numerous frightened people who crave shelter from the gathering storm of Orange-induced absenteeism. To them I say, I once had a nightmare in which Orange was free to regiment the public mind as much as an army regiments the bodies of its soldiers. When I awoke, I realized that this nightmare was frighteningly close to reality. For instance, it is the case both in my nightmare and in reality that Orange is a model of wanton sleaze, a perfect picture of ingratitude, a paradigm of hucksterism. As such, Orange tries to make us think the way he wants us to think, not by showing us evidence and reasoning with us but by understanding how to push our emotional buttons.

I am not going to go into too great a detail about ignominious, testy kleptocrats, but be assured that the one thing that's central to all of Orange's costive, incoherent actions is a desire to place our children at imminent risk of serious harm. I call this the New Barbarism. The old barbarism was concerned only with perpetrating acts of the most lecherous character. Although that was bad enough, I recently heard Orange tell a bunch of people that he values our perspectives. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text. His long-term goals all stem from one, simple, faulty premise, that his politics will spread enlightenment to the masses, nurture democracy, reestablish the bonds of community, bring us closer to God, and generally work to the betterment of Man and society.

Either Orange has no real conception of the sweep of history, or he is merely intent on winning some debating pin by trying to pierce a hole in my logic with “facts” that are taken out of context. Filling children's credulous ears with his quisquiliary deblaterations would bring unprecedented devastation and loss of life. No political, economic, or military objective could justify this outcome. But that doesn't stop Orange from remaking the map of the world into an Orange-friendly checkerboard of puppet regimes and occupation governments or from suppressing all evidence that Orange's grandiose promises of plenty for each have yielded grinding poverty for all. Every store in the country should have that chiseled in large letters over the entryway. Maybe then people would grasp that Orange gained ascendancy through monstrous abuse of his vassals. Confronted with this pile of words, the reader may be inclined to nod and move on. However, I ask that you stop for a moment and look: In a tacit concession of defeat, Orange is now openly calling for the abridgment of various freedoms to accomplish coercively what his illaudable codices have failed at.

You may be worried that Orange will galvanize the disputatious herd into enthusiastically supporting his gin-swilling, slimy capilotades eventually. If so, then I share your misgivings. But let's not worry about that now. Instead, let's discuss my observation that teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain—with a straight face—that the rigors that Orange's victims have been called upon to undergo have been amply justified in the sphere of concrete achievement. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that we were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to get my message about Orange out to the world. We were not put here to increase society's cycle of hostility and violence, as Orange might allege. There's a Kikuyu proverb I'd like to recite for Orange. The proverb is, “Kari itara gathekaga kari riiko.” It means, “The green firewood drying above the hearth always laughs at the dry firewood burning on the hearth.” Although Orange may be laughing at us now, some day we'll be the ones searching for solutions that are more creative and constructive than the typically lackluster ones championed by predatory hostes generis humani. When that day comes, people far and wide will know that he has somehow made up his mind that he has a “special” perspective on materialism that carries with it a “special” right to replace discourse and open dialogue with moonstruck projects and blatant ugliness. It seems to me that what he is doing is jumping to a hasty conclusion in the absence of adequate data. A more reasoned analysis would reveal that I shall not argue that Orange's newsgroup postings are an authentic map of his plan to subvert time-tested societal norms. Read them and see for yourself. That's it for this letter. I sincerely hope that typing it was not a complete waste of energy. Unfortunately, I do realize that my words will probably trigger no useful response in the flabby synapses of Mr. Orange Rakoon's brain. I just felt obligated to go through the motions because he spouts a lot of “alternative facts”, such as that without his superior guidance, we will go nowhere.

User avatar
Troggy
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Troggy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm

no u
Image
I have to go now. My planet needs me.

User avatar
Shio hime
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Shio hime » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 pm

I feel sorry for Karl and OR.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Troggy
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

Re: Howdy Fern! -

Post by Troggy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Jezo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 pm
Troggy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 pm
We should try and get this thread to 1500 pages before SONM closes. Seems like a fitting end.
Somehow I don't think 400 posts by Sunday is going to happen...

WELL WHAT NOW, JEZ

WHAT NOW
Image
I have to go now. My planet needs me.

User avatar
Shio hime
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Shio hime » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

I posted 75 times last night.
When we have this level of content on our side no one can stop us
#tsfkillit
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Decretum
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Decretum » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:56 pm

TSF shill it
Image
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

User avatar
Shio hime
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Shio hime » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Get out loser
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Jezo
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 pm
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Re: Howdy Fern! -

Post by Jezo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Troggy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm
Jezo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 pm
Troggy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 pm
We should try and get this thread to 1500 pages before SONM closes. Seems like a fitting end.
Somehow I don't think 400 posts by Sunday is going to happen...

WELL WHAT NOW, JEZ

WHAT NOW
Now I am thankful we were able to make it in time and add another memory to my sonmemories.
Image
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

User avatar
Spilskinanka
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
Steam ID: Spilskinanka
Contact:

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Spilskinanka » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:16 pm

lame
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

User avatar
Garf
Posts: 5506
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:42 pm
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Garf » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm

page 400 was better

User avatar
Decretum
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Decretum » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Shio hime wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:06 pm
Get out loser
eat sh it and die c unt
no u
Image
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

bort
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by bort » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:22 pm

my one regret is not being able to make a photo post about my trip to real japan in may, instead of my trips to knock off japans from across the globe

User avatar
Kappa
Posts: 2057
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:48 pm
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Kappa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:24 pm

my favourite one was kawaii hawaii

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon
Contact:

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 pm

So uh things happened in this thread this weekend huh
Troggy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 pm
we're probably gonna ruin it and make it an uneven number again anyway

here's a repost of my SONM doodle, in case something happens

Image
I love this <3

User avatar
Kesskuron
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 pm
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Kesskuron » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Realise I haven't been online in literally years but wanted to say goodbye to the old bird before the end

Also hello everyone
Image

User avatar
Evil Ted
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Evil Ted » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Kesskuron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 pm
Realise I haven't been online in literally years but wanted to say goodbye to the old bird before the end

Also hello everyone
Howdy!

User avatar
Jezo
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 pm
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Jezo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:01 pm

hello
Image
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

User avatar
Troggy
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Troggy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 pm
So uh things happened in this thread this weekend huh
Troggy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 pm
we're probably gonna ruin it and make it an uneven number again anyway

here's a repost of my SONM doodle, in case something happens

Image
I love this <3
I can't draw Mario well, I'm sorry
Image
I have to go now. My planet needs me.

User avatar
Minoru
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:16 pm
NNID: PunishingLawyer
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8638-1569

Re: HDYFRN - 2006-2018 - see you on grcade everyone

Post by Minoru » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Troggy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 pm
I can't draw Mario well, I'm sorry
I think it looks great and you did him in your own style. It's a lovely tribute to SONM.
Visit my Zero Escape AC town. Dream Address: 7900-2291-4463
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests