Why do people pretend?

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Fubz

Re: Why do people pretend?

Post by Fubz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:39 pm

ミドリ wrote:PC gamers are just about the most insufferable people on the planet.
Gotta love it though.
when a lion sees a sleeping antelope they eat it

Warmij
FKA Regginator3

Post by Warmij » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:23 pm

ミドリ wrote:PC gaming is fine and I was into it a few years ago but PC gamers are just about the most insufferable people on the planet.
nope, console gamers are for supporting consoles which hold back PC

die consoles die

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Consoles don't hold back PC's. Consoles that have PC based architecture are the problem. Nintendo seem to be the only company who have a system where the games are made based around a singular hardware standard, obviously wii u 3rd party games suck because they come from the Playstation/xbox mentaility where everything needs to work on everything which creates an industry where the PC needs to slow down to accommodate for the market of the other systems. Thanks Ubisoft, EA and Activision for starting that, good going.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Regginator3 wrote:
ミドリ wrote:PC gaming is fine and I was into it a few years ago but PC gamers are just about the most insufferable people on the planet.
nope, console gamers are for supporting consoles which hold back PC

die consoles die
Nah m8 all consoles cept Ninty

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:03 am

Dig Dug wrote:Consoles don't hold back PC's. Consoles that have PC based architecture are the problem. Nintendo seem to be the only company who have a system where the games are made based around a singular hardware standard, obviously wii u 3rd party games suck because they come from the Playstation/xbox mentaility where everything needs to work on everything which creates an industry where the PC needs to slow down to accommodate for the market of the other systems. Thanks Ubisoft, EA and Activision for starting that, good going.
Technically, the PS3/X360 were just as far from PC based architecture as the Wii/WiiU was/is, if not further(Especially in the PS3's case). The only real similarity in terms of the hardware was the end processing power really. Things may change a bit when you take into account the some of the end API's the developers may interact with sure, but that has little to do with the design of the console itself, and more the market/developer support.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:08 pm

The PS1 was the best home console created and I'll stand by this.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Scapegoat wrote:The PS1 was the best home console created and I'll stand by this.
Can't tell if this is a bad joke or not.

Komodo_Wolfgang

Post by Komodo_Wolfgang » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:57 pm

I'd swear this thread was a joke but who knows.

In the ways of graphics and the fact you can mod games make PC gaming better than consoles in that aspect and that aspect alone. I personally wouldnt get one because 2 months later a better part would be available for like £800, plus Id have to literally take apart my pc just to put the part in. Its too risky. You risk your whole pc and a wad of cash for something you will replace again in a few months.

The games and different ways you can play on a console, the fact the console is ready built and doesnt require new parts to make them run newer games, makes console gaming even better.

Im sick of hearing "PC master race" eton mess though.
3DS:4141-2043-8010
DreamCode:7500-2191-1369
NID; Komodo_Wolfgang
Wiitabix wrote:I still feel we haven't seen the best of the Wii U yet, no where near.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Komodo_Wolfgang wrote:I'd swear this thread was a joke but who knows.
It is.

I personally wouldnt get one because 2 months later a better part would be available for like £800, plus Id have to literally take apart my pc just to put the part in. Its too risky. You risk your whole pc and a wad of cash for something you will replace again in a few months.

The games and different ways you can play on a console, the fact the console is ready built and doesnt require new parts to make them run newer games, makes console gaming even better.
I know it's hard to get into or understand what's going on in the PC component markets if you're not "Into it", because there are so many numbers and codenames flying about, but a big part of what you said doesn't really happen anymore(And hasn't for well over a decade). The lifecycle of new parts is normally about 2 years at the moment, not counting small changes and the like, so it is almost impossible for a notably new part to come out every few months, the industry doesn't move that fast. Secondly even then the upgrade is not much to shout about, 3/4 year old CPUs are mostly still just as fast as brand new ones when it comes to gaming as long as you do a few tweaks. Thirdly, pretty much no one spends £800 on a single part, the CPU and GPU generally cost £100-£300 each depending on how fast you want it, and everything else doesn't really cost anywhere near as much or affect performance as much. Finally, I, like most people, could probably completely safely open up my PC in under 30 seconds(It's a matter of turning a thumb screw or two and sliding off a door), replacing a GPU, generally the only component you're going to need to replace, would probably take under 5 minutes, and would be quite easy to do no matter what distractions you had (It's genuinely a lot less work and requires far less attention than say, crossing a main road, it involves pulling a device out of a slot and putting a new one it).

Generally nowadays you'll never NEED to upgrade your PC to play new games while it still works, a lot of new games will run fine on an 8 year old CPU and a 7 year old GPU(I have a friend still rocking a Core 2 Quad who's had no problems playing games like BF4), but the option is always there if you want(Think of it as like the choice between a PS3/PS4, PS3 can still play games like CoD:AW, but you'd probably want to play it at PS4 levels if it would only cost you ~£120 to do so). Plus if you wanted, buying a prebuilt is normally quite easy, cheap and fast nowadays with lots of support and stuff as long as you go with companies like Aria, CCL and SCAN rather than the chain retail stores like PC World, and it'll probably last you as long as you want it to, normally with options for upto 4 years of warranty and support I believe.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Komodo_Wolfgang wrote:In the ways of graphics and the fact you can mod games make PC gaming better than consoles in that aspect and that aspect alone. I personally wouldnt get one because 2 months later a better part would be available for like £800, plus Id have to literally take apart my pc just to put the part in. Its too risky. You risk your whole pc and a wad of cash for something you will replace again in a few months.
You're doing it wrong. As has been said, that's only if you keep updating to the latest thing like an idiot, it's only the tiniest number of PC gamers who do this and that's just because they're caught up in the race and this is their thing. The rest of PC gamers are happy with a machine that runs their games to a very high level, which doesn't require constant dumping of what's usually more in the range of £600 for cutting edge cards and yeah, those last years. There's no risk involved.
Buy a pre-built computer then and you're done 9.9 A gaming computer doesn't require anything, to imply it does is just stupid.
Im sick of hearing "PC master race" eton mess though.
But it is though. I prefer consoles but however you cut it PC gaming is hands down the better way to do things, to think otherwise is again, just stupidity. There's virtually nothing you can do on a console that can't be done on PC and more.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:56 pm

You never get exciting new hardware reveals with all new games and stuff though so what's the point

where's the /excitement/

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Do both and be true Master race.
Destiny is Destiny.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Only scrubs don't have a decent PC, WiiU, PS3, PS4, XBone and 360 set up right now with their PS2, Wii, Gamecube and N64 to the side.

Can't afford games for them, but still.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Anyone with that many consoles wouldn't have time for games anyway what with all the bragging they need to get done online.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

KameRule
NNID: KameRule
3DS Friend Code: 3711-7313-4406

Post by KameRule » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Met wrote:Only scrubs don't have a decent PC, WiiU, PS3, PS4, XBone and 360 set up right now with their PS2, Wii, Gamecube and N64 to the side.

Can't afford games for them, but still.
Try plugging them all in at once then turning them all on. It's a riot.
"Mike, that computer is actually a time machine, and inside is ADOLF HITLER!"

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:06 pm

I should mention I also don't have the money to operate them. Or eat.

I've got my priorities.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:49 pm

JenovaPX wrote:Do both and be true Master race.
I do BB)

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 am

Wow, suddenly master race isn't looking too exclusive...
Destiny is Destiny.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:You never get exciting new hardware reveals with all new games and stuff though so what's the point

where's the /excitement/
Obviously never watched a GPU reveal event.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Thomas wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:You never get exciting new hardware reveals with all new games and stuff though so what's the point

where's the /excitement/
Obviously never watched a GPU reveal event.
Revealing... THE NVIDIA GTX [Insert latest model plus 10]!

*Crowd goes wild*

mav

Post by mav » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:55 pm

My take is, in the real world where my cash is limited the Console wins.

Because I can get an AAA game and just know it will work as intended on my £150 2 year old machine.

I also have happy and safe use of the second hand games market (something not true of all PC games).

Are PC games "Better" in terms of graphics yes Potentially, but then graphics have never made the game for me.

I am happy playing games on my PC, WiiU and 3DS but if I could only use one for games I would still have access to Mario games..............

To claim X is better than Y when in reality it is subjective (as games are what makes a format better and what makes a good game is subjective) is a waste of time.

Damn, got caught by a hook...........
Nintendo ID: Mav-i-am

Can usually be found playing, Mario Maker, MK8, MH3U, Splatoon.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Handhelds > Consoles and PC

LFF

Post by LFF » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:26 pm

I used to be part of the community, now I just watch it...

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:32 pm

PC gamers? Nah, that's dumb, what am I thinking? That'll never catch on. How about God-tier?
Destiny is Destiny.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:26 pm

As long as FIFA rund on it, I'm game